The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8320
Original post by SylveeDiggs
It is indeed, good luck to you to. Where have you applied?

Birmingham
Sheffield
Leeds
Newcastle, love them all would be grateful of a place anywhere :smile: how about you? :smile:
Original post by JessBess
Birmingham
Sheffield
Leeds
Newcastle, love them all would be grateful of a place anywhere :smile: how about you? :smile:

Nice :biggrin: and Imperial, HYMS, Barts and The London and Keele. I also feel the same way :smile:
Reply 8322
Original post by eemooz
Medical School applicants have dropped by 1% this year, which is actually quite a big drop, considering its never dropped like this before :O

It seems the Uni Fee increase is a blessing in disguise :cool:

There is hope. :biggrin:
Reply 8323
Original post by EternalDoom
Isn't cambridge meant to give out interviews after the BMAT is over? :confused:

yeah they are but i think only one person has got an interview and they are international/graduate ... not really sure but they arent an alevel student so im not sure what the case is....but its only one person...
Original post by eemooz
Medical School applicants have dropped by 1% this year, which is actually quite a big drop, considering its never dropped like this before :O

Yay! Source?
Original post by eemooz

Source? Is that just the 5 year course or overall, as I wouldn't be surprised at all that GEP has dropped (they now have to cough up 9k not 3k for the first year).

Bit odd seeing as Barts and the London has had a rise of 27% or there abouts for A100 this year.
Reply 8326

Yay! Source?

Someone who works at a London university!
:smile: :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by eemooz
Someone who works at a London university!
:smile: :smile:

Is that reliable/a reliable source at all? Like an admission person? I don't want to get my hopes up and you certainly don't want false info to spread around TSR :afraid:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8328
Is that reliable/a reliable source at all? Like an admission person? I don't want to get my hopes up and you certainly don't want false info to spread around TSR :afraid:

haha, she does seem to know a lot of inside news,
I wouldn't say its official, but it would make sense that it has dropped for at least some unis.
Original post by eemooz
I wouldn't say its official, but it would make sense that it has dropped for at least some unis.

What university does she work at?
Pretty much, so places like Newcastle and a few others like Kings :yep:

HYMS does a similar thing, who knows they might have started looking at applications already, so a few could get interviews/rejections next week :yep:

HYMS gave pre-interview rejections early december last year so a little bit longer to wait...

But be optimistic :tongue:
Reply 8331
Original post by Normandy114

Don't think I'm allowed to specify ..
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
HYMS gave pre-interview rejections early december last year so a little bit longer to wait...

But be optimistic :tongue:

*Shivers* though they're starting interviews on the 7th Dec this year..I'm trying to be optimistic lol
Original post by eemooz

Original post by eemooz
Don't think I'm allowed to specify ..

I think for the moment we won't take it as official, just a possibility. Especially since you haven't told us if that's for all A100, or only GEP or for all unis, as you said it may be for "at least some unis".
Reply 8335

I think for the moment we won't take it as official, just a possibility. Especially since you haven't told us if that's for all A100, or only GEP or for all unis, as you said it may be for "at least some unis".

Tbh, I don't know if its for A100 or graduate entry, its a rumour among admissions people, as far as I know.
Out of the BMAT unis, which one is the least BMAT orientated?

I guess you guys will know because you've already applied

Thanks in advance :biggrin:
Is it beneficial to do a conclusion for section 3 in the BMAT? Thanks to anyone who can help :smile:
Reply 8339
Original post by eemooz
its official!
:d :d :d

if you read further in, it says applications from 18yr olds living in England have gone up slightly :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending