The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Besakt
Nope what confirmation? What's LTH?

Leeds Teaching Hospitals, but I got it wrong, it's at the UoL.

I'm delighted you have a place at the 'Becoming a doctor' information session on Wednesday November 9th. Would you also like to be considered for another event at the Leeds medical school covering the same material in greater depth? There will be a 'Becoming a Doctor' focus day on Friday December 2nd 10.30 - 16.30. The focus day is for just some of the students that attend on the November 9th.
Reply 781
Isn't there a Leeds thread? If not, guys you should make one so you can discuss everything you need to there.
Reply 782
Original post by Aiboz
Isn't there a Leeds thread? If not, guys you should make one so you can discuss everything you need to there.

It's dead.
Reply 783
Just received an acknowledgement from Southampton. In the form of a post card. :eek:
Original post by Besakt
Just received an acknowledgement from Southampton. In the form of a post card. :eek:

And so the process begins again :biggrin:...
Original post by Okada

hahaha, bring back good memories from our thread, no?
Reply 786
Original post by Okada

The waiting is painful.
Original post by Besakt

when will i get mine? i live in lancashire...
Reply 788
Original post by cobra2k10
when will i get mine? i live in lancashire...

So do I. Depends when you sent it off. I think I sent mine off two weeks ago.
Original post by Besakt

i got mine :biggrin:
sent my application off on the 12th
Original post by tobnot
Hey, how far did you get in the application process last year?

I had an offer from leeds for A100 but missed the grades :frown: Soton gave me an interview and then rejected me.

Original post by Besakt
I thought you got in last year. :eek: Anyways good luck.

Nearly! very nearly lol

Original post by sumsum123
Good luck :smile: , did you get an interview last year? What did you learn from the process last time?

I did indeed. I think i learnt that you can never be too prepared for an interview!
Original post by carl_senior

I did indeed. I think i learnt that you can never be too prepared for an interview!

Ahh kool :biggrin:. So around what time did you get your interview last year?
i sent mine on the 15th... hopefully should get it next week :smile:

sent mine the evening before,we should expect post cards around the same time

hi :smile::biggrin:
Reply 794
My application was sent and received by ucas by 14th but I havnt got an email or post card from southampton. When do you think I will hear?
Original post by mashalli
My application was sent and received by ucas by 14th but I havnt got an email or post card from southampton. When do you think I will hear?

Same, i sent mine on the 13th but still havnt heard from them... :'(

Original post by bubble3004
sent mine the evening before,we should expect post cards around the same time

hi :smile::biggrin:

Original post by mashalli

Original post by Hanz_a93
Same, i sent mine on the 13th but still havnt heard from them... :'(

don't worry about getting the confirmation postcard cos I got my confirmation after I'd been given an interview....so don't worry about it

so as long as UCAS says it's ok, then it's fine....but you can email/call them to check if you really want to
Does anyone know if Southampton do a cadaver dissection....
Original post by oliviaw1677
Does anyone know if Southampton do a cadaver dissection....

sort of...

in the BM6 year you get to see cadavers etc. (we are doing this next week :biggrin: )

however most of what you get will be prosection.....although if you are really into cadavers, then there are plenty of opportunities to get to work on them down the line
Original post by infernalcradle
don't worry about getting the confirmation postcard cos I got my confirmation after I'd been given an interview....so don't worry about it

so as long as UCAS says it's ok, then it's fine....but you can email/call them to check if you really want to

Getting your confirmation after your interview.... that's a bit weird lol :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending