got an offer from East Anglia :smile: three As... hmph

congratulations! :biggrin:
Original post by doloroushazy

Well done!! :biggrin:

GAHHH I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING THIS HALF TERM
Original post by Olive12
congratulations! :biggrin:

thankyou!! at least i'll have somewhere to go (if I get three As hah)
Although it's terrifying to think the tests are so soon... it's sort of comforting to know that we'll all be sitting our exams at the same time.. :redface: Don't you think?

Although if TSR normal rules apply we won't be able to discuss the exams for a day.
Just want to say good luck to all the applicants! I was in your shoes just 12 months ago and while it was very stressful, it was very enjoyable at the same time! I'm sure you'll all do great... I'll hopefully be a runner this year and so I get to meet and help all the new people!
Good luck!
Reply 8965
Just out of interest, did anyone apply to the new independent university "New College of Humanities" in London ?

:smile:
Original post by doloroushazy

:woo:

Original post by Banoffeepie16
Although it's terrifying to think the tests are so soon... it's sort of comforting to know that we'll all be sitting our exams at the same time.. :redface: Don't you think?

Although if TSR normal rules apply we won't be able to discuss the exams for a day.

Comforting to know that everyone else is going to be just as terrified on the 1st Nov? :wink:

Today i'm actually attempting to do some proper work. I've decided i'm going to learn all of AS Physics in prep for the BMAT :mmm: I hate physics
Reply 8967
Original post by nightmare91
That's so weird!! Merton was so quick sending me the acknowledgement. It only took them 4 days...

WHAT!? You have an email from Merton? Like...not oxford!? :frown:
I WANT ONE!

I guess it must be done by department or something.
Stupid unorganised scientists <_<

Ohh I hoped they'd just send them all out at once to every Merton applicant..I dont know any Merton Biologists, so now I wont have anyone to talk to to see if they have theres!
That's so weird!! Merton was so quick sending me the acknowledgement. It only took them 4 days...

Whaaaaa!

*angry panda* :frown: when did you get that! Was it actually from Merton or was it the general ug admissions?

Also when did you send yours off?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Emgrace
WHAT!? You have an email from Merton? Like...not oxford!? :frown:
I WANT ONE!

I guess it must be done by department or something.
Stupid unorganised scientists <_<

Ohh I hoped they'd just send them all out at once to every Merton applicant..I dont know any Merton Biologists, so now I wont have anyone to talk to to see if they have theres!

Oh just to correct myself, it took Oxford 4 days and Merton like 2 weeks... And yes it is probably organsised by the departments... But I don't think that the other candidates will have to wait very long. You should be getting the emails within the next 7 days or so.
Thankfully today I learned my biology test is likely postponed to next Thursday... Which means zero studying for biology until Wednesday afternoon, AFTER the TSA. Need to practice... :cry:
Reply 8971
Oh just to correct myself, it took Oxford 4 days and Merton like 2 weeks... And yes it is probably organsised by the departments... But I don't think that the other candidates will have to wait very long. You should be getting the emails within the next 7 days or so.

Hah, Oxford took at least 14 days, maybe 15 (depending what exact day they recieved my application), to send me an email!

They said the college would send us one before end of october..so they have 7 days counting today I suppose.
GAH THATS AGESSS.

What department are you? :smile:
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Whaaaaa!

*angry panda* :frown: when did you get that! Was it actually from Merton or was it the general ug admissions?

Also when did you send yours off?

Are you applying to Merton as well? St John's applicants got emails yesterday :cool: so if you're not in either college, I'm sure your college email will arrive eventually :tongue:
Username:not_so_much
Subject: English language and literature
GCSE:11A*
AS: English (196 UMS) History (200 UMS) Art (200 UMS) Maths (A) Latin (A - dropped) Critical Thinking (A - dropped)
College: St Annes

Good luck everyone :biggrin:
Original post by punctuation
Are you applying to Merton as well? St John's applicants got emails yesterday :cool: so if you're not in either college, I'm sure your college email will arrive eventually :tongue:

YES! PAY ATTENTION JULIE! Gosh, I've only been going on about it for the past bajillion pages (hehe if this were real life i would use time as the measurement) But yes, I know :frown: I kept (oh dear, I initially wrote keped. spelling FAIL) checking my email when all of you got yours! :frown:

EVEN THE OPEN APPLICANTS HAVE GOT THEIRS.

WHAT IS THIS TREACHERY?
Reply 8975
Original post by Brand New Eyes
YES! PAY ATTENTION JULIE! Gosh, I've only been going on about it for the past bajillion pages (hehe if this were real life i would use time as the measurement) But yes, I know :frown: I kept (oh dear, I initially wrote keped. spelling FAIL) checking my email when all of you got yours! :frown:

EVEN THE OPEN APPLICANTS HAVE GOT THEIRS.

WHAT IS THIS TREACHERY?

Maybe we'll get our tomorrow :smile:
I hope. I feel rejected.
Oh god. I hope Im not actually rejected!
Original post by manic_fuzz
:woo:

Comforting to know that everyone else is going to be just as terrified on the 1st Nov? :wink:

Today i'm actually attempting to do some proper work. I've decided i'm going to learn all of AS Physics in prep for the BMAT :mmm: I hate physics

Wait... I thought they were all on the 2nd. :frown:
Now it's not so comforting :cry:

Woah that's a tall order, but I'm sure you'll do it :biggrin:
I keep getting distracted... spent 2 hours reading Flaubert, when I should have been doing more useful things.
Thinking I might have to ban my Kindle usage until the MLAT. :rolleyes:
Original post by Emgrace
Hah, Oxford took at least 14 days, maybe 15 (depending what exact day they recieved my application), to send me an email!

They said the college would send us one before end of october..so they have 7 days counting today I suppose.
GAH THATS AGESSS.

What department are you? :smile:

I have applied for Economics and Management so I suppose they work very efficiently there :biggrin:
Original post by Banoffeepie16
Wait... I thought they were all on the 2nd. :frown:
Now it's not so comforting :cry:

Woah that's a tall order, but I'm sure you'll do it :biggrin:
I keep getting distracted... spent 2 hours reading Flaubert, when I should have been doing more useful things.
Thinking I might have to ban my Kindle usage until the MLAT. :rolleyes:

They are, but on the 2nd we'll all be too busy actually doing the exams to be worrying about them :wink:

I'm already half-way through, should finish it by the end of the day, it's really just equations and their applications :tongue:

Tut tut, i've put off all french-reading until after the BMAT (except Rimbaud, i can't resist him :colondollar: )
Name: Alexander
Subject: English Lit and Language
College: St Hugh's
GCSEs: 10A*s
A levels: 3A*s and 1A

ELAT freaks me out.

Latest

Trending

Trending