The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by atomos
dunno down that page a bit it says something about med and dentistryi cant remember

^He's right. :smile:
Reply 4521
Original post by Dr.Galaxy99
where did you get that figure from? on UCAS does it not say applications are down only by 0.8%?

If you look further down the page at the very last table, it breaks subjects into groups. Medicine and Dentistry are in Group A and are the only ones in Group A. It then goes on to say that applications for Group A have decreased by 3.1%. Its called a JAC3 or some other nonsense table.
Original post by Dr.Galaxy99
where did you get that figure from? on UCAS does it not say applications are down only by 0.8%?

That was for all applications sent in for the October 15 deadline, meaning it also considered the people applying to Oxbridge for all the other subjects.
Original post by atomos
dunno down that page a bit it says something about med and dentistryi cant remember

Original post by RO'Gara
If you look further down the page at the very last table, it breaks subjects into groups. Medicine and Dentistry are in Group A and are the only ones in Group A. It then goes on to say that applications for Group A have decreased by 3.1%. Its called a JAC3 or some other nonsense table.

Original post by JessicaStacks
That was for all applications sent in for the October 15 deadline, meaning it also considered the people applying to Oxbridge for all the other subjects.

got it :smile: thanks for your help guys.

so the stats are actually better than i initially thought :biggrin:
I got my Welcome Pack from UCAS !!! :smile:
Original post by areyousure?
I got my Welcome Pack from UCAS !!! :smile:

Me too! I check the post/email way too frequently now! :ahee:

Completely unrelated, but I really love your blog!! :smile:
Hull York Medical School is the best :wink: just putting it out there! Early patient contact ftw :biggrin:
Original post by Yellowmonkeyman
Hull York Medical School is the best :wink: just putting it out there! Early patient contact ftw :biggrin:

:hand:

You seem to have misspelt Barts and the London :tongue:

But :five: for early patient contact :awesome:

Good to see you again btw! Hope it's treating you well.. make sure you post in the TSR medics society thread sometime alright? And join the group if you haven't already :yy:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
:hand:

You seem to have misspelt Barts and the London :tongue:

But :five: for early patient contact :awesome:

Good to see you again btw! Hope it's treating you well.. make sure you post in the TSR medics society thread sometime alright? And join the group if you haven't already :yy:

Classic medschool rivalry.
However, I thought this was more common between the london uni's :P
Or are you just out to get everyone PSQ?

Like the Barts and the London liberation front or something.
Original post by joemullally
Classic medschool rivalry.
However, I thought this was more common between the london uni's :P
Or are you just out to get everyone PSQ?

Like the Barts and the London liberation front or something.

Classic medschool rivalry :yep:
Plus Yellowmonkeyman and I know each other from the 2011 reapplicants thread so it's all friendly banter :yy:

You're right though, most of the banter for med schools is either between Oxbridge (minimal friendly banter afaik) and much more between the London med schools :colone:

For example, our friendly banter at BL is with SGUL, UCL and KCL. But it isn't friendly towards ICSM... but in all fairness they take a ridiculously long amount of time to get boats into the water..

ICSM, Y U NO SET OFF ROWING WITHIN 15 MINUTES OF ENTERING THE WATER?!
Classic medschool rivalry :yep:
Plus Yellowmonkeyman and I know each other from the 2011 reapplicants thread so it's all friendly banter :yy:

You're right though, most of the banter for med schools is either between Oxbridge (minimal friendly banter afaik) and much more between the London med schools :colone:

For example, our friendly banter at BL is with SGUL, UCL and KCL. But it isn't friendly towards ICSM... but in all fairness they take a ridiculously long amount of time to get boats into the water..

ICSM, Y U NO SET OFF ROWING WITHIN 15 MINUTES OF ENTERING THE WATER?!

lolol, I've never done rowing. Does that mean I can't go to a london uni?
I'm more of a rugby man myself.
lolol, I've never done rowing. Does that mean I can't go to a london uni?
I'm more of a rugby man myself.

I hadn't ever rowed on water before coming to uni :nah:
You pick it up :h:

If you want to do rugby then do rugby :tongue:
Just be prepared for rugby tables... us rowers are gentlemen.. the rugby lot are animals :colone:
I hadn't ever rowed on water before coming to uni :nah:
You pick it up :h:

If you want to do rugby then do rugby :tongue:
Just be prepared for rugby tables... us rowers are gentlemen.. the rugby lot are animals :colone:

I know what rugby teams are like. :smile:
I know what rugby teams are like. :smile:

You'll see.... you'll see
I also want to row at uni! So I hope I get a chance when I get there... :P
Original post by areyousure?
I also want to row at uni! So I hope I get a chance when I get there... :P

Make sure you do! It's great, I love it :biggrin:

Though a bit dangerous on the water this morning as our cox was still drunk from last night.. only one near miss crash though :erm:

He answered the phone while doing it though and just said "Hi, I'M ON A BOAT!" :lol:

Also rowing is just full of sexual innuendos :mmm:

Though a bit dangerous on the water this morning as our cox was still drunk from last night.. only one near miss crash though :erm:

He answered the phone while doing it though and just said "Hi, I'M ON A BOAT!" :lol:

How do you think I felt having to row stroke looking at him just take the piss the whole time :tongue: although playing the final countdown while rowing was legendary :lol:

hahahah well it does sound like a lot of fun!! I soo want to try it!! :smile:
BMAT done!

Gap Yah officially starts!
Reply 4539
hmmm.. anyone know what the stats are for re-applicants getting in? :-) Heard its something like 65% of all medical applicants get 4 rejections (I'd assumed this was for the standard year 13 applicants.. Is this wrong?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending