The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8340
Original post by SaintSoldier
Out of the BMAT unis, which one is the least BMAT orientated?

I guess you guys will know because you've already applied

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

UCL in particular I've heard put quite a lot of emphasis on BMAT.
Original post by eemooz

I've heard the complete opposite :confused:

Ah well, that's medical admissions for you; they never make sense :s-smilie:
Original post by eemooz
its official!
:d :d :d

Original post by JessBess
if you read further in, it says applications from 18yr olds living in England have gone up slightly :frown:

Hmm :/ , its almost bittersweet news isn't it? It's like 'yay' then 'ohh' :tongue:
Original post by eemooz

I've heard the complete opposite :confused:

Ah well, that's medical admissions for you; they never make sense :s-smilie:

In respect to the other BMAT school, UCL actually puts less emphasis, as they sort of do a similar thing with kings where the lower your BMAT, the higher you need to score for everything else to get an interview. Places like Imperial employ a cut off for all 3 sections.
Reply 8344
Original post by laurie:)
counting down the days till ukcat results are sent! :s-smilie:

Do you know when they are sent off? :s-smilie:
Original post by E.B
Do you know when they are sent off? :s-smilie:

4th November :smile:
Original post by SylveeDiggs
In respect to the other BMAT school, UCL actually puts less emphasis, as they sort of do a similar thing with kings where the lower your BMAT, the higher you need to score for everything else to get an interview.

Thanks :smile: When you say 'everything else,' is that academics (GCSEs etc) or does it include the PS?

And does UCL put a lot of emphasis on GCSEs in their selection criteria? I know it won't be like Birmingham, but maybe like King's?
I've heard from my teacher (A layperson for UCL) that BMAT is very important to UCL. I don't thick they're that GCSE heavy, it's nowhere near Oxford or Birmingham levels anyway. I've always though of Cambridge has having the lowest use of BMAT due to their use of AS level UMS. Just my opinion though :dontknow:
Reply 8348
4th November :smile:

Thanks! Gahhh that's so soon :O :O Where have you applied? :smile:
Original post by Normandy114
I've heard from my teacher (A layperson for UCL) that BMAT is very important to UCL. I don't thick they're that GCSE heavy, it's nowhere near Oxford or Birmingham levels anyway. I've always though of Cambridge has having the lowest use of BMAT due to their use of AS level UMS. Just my opinion though :dontknow:

Imo BMAT is important to all BMAT schools :tongue: but what I said for UCL is true, though I did not state it means they don't regard it as important. However, you're right about Cambridge - I completely forgot about them :tongue:
Reply 8350

yeaah, this is what I thought :s-smilie:
Thanks :smile: When you say 'everything else,' is that academics (GCSEs etc) or does it include the PS?

And does UCL put a lot of emphasis on GCSEs in their selection criteria? I know it won't be like Birmingham, but maybe like King's?

Yep :yep: that's what I mean by everything else, but including AS results and predictions. I don't recall them wanting high gcses like bham, as they use other stuff too; obv the higher your gcses are the better. They do request for a GCSE language though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8352
Original post by Besakt
St.Andrew have started giving out interviews.

Oh my goodness, seriously?! How do you know :O?
Reply 8353
Original post by LHC
Oh my goodness, seriously?! How do you know :O?

I stalk people. :colone:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2012_Entry
Original post by E.B
Thanks! Gahhh that's so soon :O :O Where have you applied? :smile:

I know :nutcase: and Imperial, HYMS, BATL and Keele - love them all :smile: Yourself??
Why the excitement about universities getting the UKCAT results? It'll take time for them to sort out who to call for interview and who to reject.
Yep :yep: that's what I mean by everything else, but including AS results and predictions. I don't recall them wanting high gcses like bham, as they use other stuff too; obv the higher your gcses are the better. They do request for a GCSE language though.

Thanks for the help :smile: I might be applying there now :wink:

one last question (sorry!). Are you at an advantage if you did more than oe language at GCSE? and are you at an advantage if you got a high grade in that language?
Reply 8357
Why the excitement about universities getting the UKCAT results? It'll take time for them to sort out who to call for interview and who to reject.

Probably because it's just another step.
There was excitement when people were taking the UKCAT.
Then there was excitement when people started their personal statements.
Then when the UCAS got sent off.
After that it was the "Oh Noooooo acknowledgement hasn't arrived yet have I failed already" bit.
Now it is the "Universities know how **** I've done on my UKCAT I'm going to get rejected".

We are still waiting for the "OMG they still haven't sent me an interview this must mean I am going to get rejected" step.
And the "**** I've done crap in my interview I must be getting a rejection now".
Original post by Besakt
After that it was the "Oh Noooooo acknowledgement hasn't arrived yet have I failed already" bit.
Now it is the "Universities know how **** I've done on my UKCAT I'm going to get rejected".

We are still waiting for the "OMG they still haven't sent me an interview this must mean I am going to get rejected" step.
And the "**** I've done crap in my interview I must be getting a rejection now".

+repped you for that :smile:

It's cos we've got nothing else to be excited about..:colone:
Reply 8359
Original post by Besakt

LOL. Now I know why coming on student room stresses me out :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending