The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pancakeman123
Congrats x
when did you send your apply form through?

Thanks, I sent it on October 5th.
Offer from Bath :smile:

Dammit! I want mine now :frown:
Original post by nightmare91
Congrats to you both! I'm so jealous :biggrin:

In the Offers thread there is already one guy who received an offer from Warwick... Oh I hope I'll get notified soon... :s-smilie:

Could swear I've seen two people with Warwick offers on this thread!
Some are just hogging all the offers!

I want some :'(
Reply 4304
Waiting on a warwick offer....
Reply 4305
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Dammit! I want mine now :frown:

Where else did you apply? Bath give out offers based on the date you sent off your UCAS!
Reply 4306
Congrats x

now i only have a 1 in 23 chance of getting in! :frown: xxx congrats btw! :smile:
Original post by patra

Original post by patra
now i only have a 1 in 23 chance of getting in! :frown: xxx congrats btw! :smile:

Don't worry the applicant : place ratios are pretty misleading, they give out about 4 times as many offers as places :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
The funny side to economics

1. You can talk about money without every having to make any.

2. Mick Jagger and Arnold Schwarzenegger both studied economics and look how they turned out.

3. When you are in the unemployment line, at least you will know why you are there.

4. If you rearrange the letters in "ECONOMICS", you get "COMIC NOSE".

5. Although ethics teaches that virtue is its own reward, in economics we get taught that reward is its own virtue.

6. When you get drunk, you can tell everyone that you are just researching the law of diminishing marginal utility.

7. You can't be wrong; only subject to an unexpected asymmetric shock.

8. An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today.

When Albert Einstein died, he met three New Zealanders in the queue outside the Pearly Gates. To pass the time, he asked what were their IQs. The first replied 190. "Wonderful," exclaimed Einstein. "We can discuss the contribution made by Ernest Rutherford to atomic physics and my theory of general relativity". The second answered 150. "Good," said Einstein. "I look forward to discussing the role of New Zealand's nuclear-free legislation in the quest for world peace". The third New Zealander mumbled 50. Einstein paused, and then asked, "So what is your forecast for the budget deficit next year?"

Q: How many conservative economists does it take to change a light bulb?

A1: None. The darkness will cause the light bulb to change by itself.

A2: None. If it really needed changing, market forces would have caused it to happen.

A3: None. If the government would just leave it alone, it would screw itself in.

A4. None. "There is no need to change the light bulb. All the conditions for illumination are in place.

A5. None, because, look! It's getting brighter! It's definitely getting brighter !!!

Q; How many central bank economists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: Just one -- he holds the lightbulb and the whole earth revolves around him. Economists do it with models
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4309
Don't worry the applicant:tongue:lace ratios are pretty misleading, they give out about 4 times as many offers as places :biggrin:

I hope so...still haven't heard anything from any of my uni's! :s-smilie:
Reply 4310
I just got an offer from bristol!
Original post by Nadine10

I just got an offer from bristol!

well done :smile:

Reply 4312
well done :smile:

i sent it 3 weeks ago :smile: you applying to bristol?

i sent it 3 weeks ago :smile: you applying to bristol?

yeah, I've already got an offer from Warwick, so I was hoping Bristol could give me a generous offer so I could have them as an (amazing) insurance haha
Reply 4314
yeah, I've already got an offer from Warwick, so I was hoping Bristol could give me a generous offer so I could have them as an (amazing) insurance haha

my offer is 'generous' for bristol, just need to get an A in economics, but i think it is because i already have A* and A for A-level. i also applied to warwick! what course?

my offer is 'generous' for bristol, just need to get an A in economics, but i think it is because i already have A* and A for A-level. i also applied to warwick! what course?

economics
Reply 4316
economics

oo lucky! ya ive heard that warwick have started giving offers. hope i get one soon as well! where else you applying?
Reply 4317
I was wondering how Birmingham's economics course is viewed. As a University I am aware that it is well respected, but the TAELT (I know its a little outdated) suggests that Birmingham isn't a great uni for economics. Basically, I'd like to know any further info on Birmingham's course and the relative job prospects one can expect if I studied at Birmingham - please note I am not interested in investment banking. Finally, I'd like to know the relative gap in reputation, and ultimately quality, between Birmingham's economics course and unis such as Bristol and Notts (who i'm also applying to). Truthfully the fee rise means it may be too expensive for me to live away, however if Birmingham isnt as well regarded by employers then that is the cost I may have to take. Any info and help would be appreciated, thanks

oo lucky! ya ive heard that warwick have started giving offers. hope i get one soon as well! where else you applying?

Bath, Nottingham and Durham
yourself?

Original post by satnam10
I was wondering how Birmingham's economics course is viewed. As a University I am aware that it is well respected, but the TAELT (I know its a little outdated) suggests that Birmingham isn't a great uni for economics. Basically, I'd like to know any further info on Birmingham's course and the relative job prospects one can expect if I studied at Birmingham - please note I am not interested in investment banking. Finally, I'd like to know the relative gap in reputation, and ultimately quality, between Birmingham's economics course and unis such as Bristol and Notts (who i'm also applying to). Truthfully the fee rise means it may be too expensive for me to live away, however if Birmingham isnt as well regarded by employers then that is the cost I may have to take. Any info and help would be appreciated, thanks

That's what student finance is for though... If it was an upfront cost hardly anyone could afford to go!
Reply 4319
Bath, Nottingham and Durham
yourself?

That's what student finance is for though... If it was an upfront cost hardly anyone could afford to go!

cambrigde, lse, warwick, ucl and bristol :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending