The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Noodlzzz
it's the [email protected] thingy as the surname and same password.

oh so the whole e-mail address not just the username?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Mother_Russia
oh so the whole e-mail address not just the username?

Yup exactly :smile:
Yup exactly :smile:

Ahhh thank you!!!
Reply 1683
Where and what is the CSC building or room or whatever it is
Original post by Hhanr
Where and what is the CSC building or room or whatever it is

The CSC room is the clubs and societies room and is a big(ish) open plan room on the 2nd floor of the Bloomsbury building (One with the theatre in it). If you go upto the 2nd floor and follow the corridor you'll see it easily.
Reply 1685
ah, thankyou!
Original post by Mother_Russia
How do you get onto wireless internet on campus? Never had to use it before, and I'm a bit clueless. Tried logging in with usual userid and password but didn't work. Help please?

it's the [email protected] thingy as the surname and same password.

Its not as simple as that. You have to download this software first and install it :

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/isd/students/wireless/eduroam/guide/win_7
Btw everytime i remote access my work from here : http://www.ucl.ac.uk/isd-extra/common/windows/wts-web/ the version of office is 2003. However in the library computers it is 2010. Why?
Original post by diracdeltafunc
Btw everytime i remote access my work from here : http://www.ucl.ac.uk/isd-extra/common/windows/wts-web/ the version of office is 2003. However in the library computers it is 2010. Why?

The Remote WTS is waaay behind the proper cluster service in all aspects. 2000 vs XP, Office 2003 v 2010, this system vs Myriad..
Original post by rockrunride
The Remote WTS is waaay behind the proper cluster service in all aspects. 2000 vs XP, Office 2003 v 2010, this system vs Myriad..

Ah. So there is no way round (apart from actually going to the library?)
Original post by diracdeltafunc
Ah. So there is no way round (apart from actually going to the library?)

Not really. I'd take Word 2003 for a few minutes of convenience rather than standing in those silly queues for the science library cluster.
I MISS LONDON i'm looking for places to live already. Might move to Wood Green. Heard it's dodgy, but **** it, I'm in RUSSIA.
Likewise I felt fearless on returning from Poland. Suppose Russia is the next step up though.
I hate UCL printers :rant: going to have to trudge through the rain to the one in my department and pray that either one is functioning (unlike last time) as the one in the Schafer cluster is STILL broken.
does ucl IT team give a link to download office for mac?
Reply 1695
Original post by littleshambles
I MISS LONDON i'm looking for places to live already. Might move to Wood Green. Heard it's dodgy, but **** it, I'm in RUSSIA.

Ha! Hope you're doing well! VODKAAAA
vodka :colonhash:
Reply 1697

I live there and it's fine (well, not been stabbed so far...). People are always shocked that we live so far out but it's pretty good actually :smile: All the shops you'll ever need are nearby and transport is really good; we live 2 secs from Turnpike lane station and on the route of the 29 so it's easy to get anywhere (~15 mins tube to Euston). Plus it's cheap :p:
Original post by ily_em
I live there and it's fine (well, not been stabbed so far...). People are always shocked that we live so far out but it's pretty good actually :smile: All the shops you'll ever need are nearby and transport is really good; we live 2 secs from Turnpike lane station and on the route of the 29 so it's easy to get anywhere (~15 mins tube to Euston). Plus it's cheap :p:

yeah! i was thinking **** it, the 29 goes to wood green so it should be fine! and my friend lived in archway last year - he didn't like living that far out too much and wants to live really close in final year, but i want to find somewhere i'll be able to stay in after graduation if possible.

i think as long as you live on a route with a good night bus it will never be too bad. i would live in camden town again as i loved living near regents park last year etc but i want to save some cash :shifty:

how much is your rent if you don't mind? gotta factor that in, despite the fact i was so lazy last year living by mornington crescent i ended up spending at least a tenner a week on transport anyway! (even to uni :colondollar:)
Reply 1699
yeah! i was thinking **** it, the 29 goes to wood green so it should be fine! and my friend lived in archway last year - he didn't like living that far out too much and wants to live really close in final year, but i want to find somewhere i'll be able to stay in after graduation if possible.

i think as long as you live on a route with a good night bus it will never be too bad. i would live in camden town again as i loved living near regents park last year etc but i want to save some cash :shifty:

how much is your rent if you don't mind? gotta factor that in, despite the fact i was so lazy last year living by mornington crescent i ended up spending at least a tenner a week on transport anyway! (even to uni :colondollar:)

£115, and the good thing about living out is that it's not a tiny flat like in the centre - we have six bedrooms, which are all normal sized doubles (no box room), a lounge, a big kitchen, 2 bathrooms and a garden with a barbecue :awesome: It costs ~£86 a month for a student zone 3 travelcard which works out at about £19 a week so added on that's £134 a week for rent and travel :smile: When we were looking closer to uni eg Camden, £130 seemed standard for rent alone! I don't think I know anybody paying less that that.

Quick Reply

Latest