The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4320
I havent sent off my UCAS yet..i dont think ill get any offers now for economics seeing that everyones started to get theirs :'(...congrats to everyone whos managed to get offers
Reply 4321
got an offer for AAB for manchester yesterday!

also applied for Cambridge, Warwick, Bristol and Nottingham :smile: eeeek starting to feel more real now!
Reply 4322
Original post by Aluu93
got Warwick yesterday A*AAa...ecstatic!!

Well done! Do you know how they might be ordering offers? My friend heard before me, so I am a bit worried!
Original post by internetstephen
Just got an offer from Bristol :smile:

Original post by Nadine10
I just got an offer from bristol!

Wow congratulations to you both! Were you both applying for straight Economics?
Reply 4324
Original post by Pancakeman123
Don't worry the applicant : place ratios are pretty misleading, they give out about 4 times as many offers as places :biggrin:

When did you send off your application? :smile:
Original post by Tateco

Original post by Tateco
When did you send off your application? :smile:

5th October
If my application isnt sent off tomorrow im gonna strangle some ****ers, ive had my part pretty much done for the last week or two. Obviously ive been thinking about changing some choices and stuff cus its just been sitting there but I paid and sent it off over a week ago, waiting for my bloody referee! :grumble:
Original post by tripleeagle
Wow congratulations to you both! Were you both applying for straight Economics?

Thanks and yeah, straight economics.
Reply 4328
Original post by hypercaine.
If my application isnt sent off tomorrow im gonna strangle some ****ers, ive had my part pretty much done for the last week or two. Obviously ive been thinking about changing some choices and stuff cus its just been sitting there but I paid and sent it off over a week ago, waiting for my bloody referee! :grumble:

Im having the same problem aswell...my referee hasn't begun writing my reference. I will have to wait until coming monday and then send it off...
Original post by KIT94
Im having the same problem aswell...my referee hasn't begun writing my reference. I will have to wait until coming monday and then send it off...

Im not too hopeful it will be sent off until next week either considering its half term now :mad:
The people at my school dont seem to quite understand that for the top unis you need to send your application off early, most people from my place apply to Worcester, Coventry and Staffordshire :rolleyes:
Reply 4330
Im not too hopeful it will be sent off until next week either considering its half term now :mad:
The people at my school dont seem to quite understand that for the top unis you need to send your application off early, most people from my place apply to Worcester, Coventry and Staffordshire :rolleyes:

I feel your pain...btw what unis are you applying to..and what course? straight economics?
Original post by Aluu93
got Warwick yesterday A*AAa...ecstatic!!

Well done mate, when did you send off your UCAS?

Original post by hanlem
got an offer for AAB for manchester yesterday!

also applied for Cambridge, Warwick, Bristol and Nottingham :smile: eeeek starting to feel more real now!

Did you apply for the BSc or Ba at Manchester? I still haven't heard from them.. When did you send off your UCAS mate. Well done by the way!
Original post by KIT94
I feel your pain...btw what unis are you applying to..and what course? straight economics?

Im applying to Durham and Bath for economics and politics, Manchester, Royal Holloway and York for straight economics.

What about you?
Reply 4333
Just a question for straight economics at a top 10 uni is having just maths, further maths and economics at a2 seen to be bad because they are too similar subjects thank you.
Reply 4334
Original post by Jed123
Just a question for straight economics at a top 10 uni is having just maths, further maths and economics at a2 seen to be bad because they are too similar subjects thank you.

Depends what university you're applying to. For example LSE won't accept that, Warwick didn't last year but I think they might have changed their policy since...
Reply 4335
Original post by Tateco
Depends what university you're applying to. For example LSE won't accept that, Warwick didn't last year but I think they might have changed their policy since...

How do you think I should improve my a2 subjects without taking more than 3?
Reply 4336
Im applying to Durham and Bath for economics and politics, Manchester, Royal Holloway and York for straight economics.

What about you?

Im applying to Lancaster york birmingham and not sure bout the last 2 hehe :smile: but i really want to go to york :P
Original post by KIT94
Im applying to Lancaster york birmingham and not sure bout the last 2 hehe :smile: but i really want to go to york :P

Good choices! Was considering Lancaster for PPE and I did put Birmingham down at one point but swapped it for Manchester :tongue: I think Birminghams entry requirements are too high personally though, plus I wanna get out of here!
Are you more likely to get offer if they know that your baccalaureate (A level) grades are real and not predicted ?
Reply 4339
Original post by Jed123
How do you think I should improve my a2 subjects without taking more than 3?

It's hard because you cannot really improve them, but some places just might think it is too narrow. You shouldn't be worried about taking more than those three, as Maths and Further Maths really is just a lot of maths and if you're good at Maths then another subject like Physics should be easily manageable.

Latest

Trending

Trending