The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by punctuation
That sounds so awesome :eek: I want tea with cookies! Or at least a college cat... :tongue:

Apparently St John's JCR is nothing spectacular? I don't know, but the grounds are soooooooooo pretty and the tutors are awesome (why yes, I have stalked them and I do know all the names and faces of my hopefully future tutors).

one of the psychology tutors is really good-looking

ETA:

OH MY GOD

STOP EVERYTHING

YOU ARE A SHERLOCK FAN?!?!?!?!??!!!!!!!!!

Yeea, so english:smile:)
lol, me too, I know even their areas of research and have read a few papers...the loser I am:biggrin:

YES!!! I AM! TOTALLY AND ABSOLUTELY! YOU TOO??????????????
Reply 9161
Original post by Benniboi1
Wooo Balliol! :biggrin: did you look round on the open day? I went to other college's and only read about Balliol after and then decided to apply there :P

Balliol was the first of many colleges that I saw on the open day and none of the others compared.

*prepares to be verbally beaten*
Original post by Devil_in_disguise
lol, me too, I know even their areas of research and have read a few papers...the loser I am:biggrin:

AJKFHAJKHFLAJKSFLKASJFLKAJSF

YES!!!!!

I AM!!!!!!!!!

akjsfajskfhsalkfaskf

I love it so much! I've been a fan since last fall and I even watched filming when I visited London over the summer *_*

AND LOOK WHAT I'M WEARING RIGHT NOW

Spoiler

Reply 9163

I'm going to jump in where I'm not wanted and say that I love Sherlock too :biggrin:
Thaaaaaaat's where I remembered you from! Have just realised:smile:)) How are you? How is that soul you were struggling with?

Ahhh! A fellow cursed being of the eternal darkness, how lovely ! :biggrin: I'm as well as i can be, and oh, i've decided just to leave all such souls and shizz to Satan and Beelzebub and the sorts. I'm now working on spreading incurable plagues through-out sub-urban New York City :smile: Yourself?

:rofl:
Original post by Doojam
I'm going to jump in where I'm not wanted and say that I love Sherlock too :biggrin:

WAJHTHTTT

ajfhjdf

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!!!

asfjasfklae

*falls over*

ETA: when we hopefully get in, we should start a sherlock society :tongue:
Reply 9166
WAJHTHTTT

ajfhjdf

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!!!

asfjasfklae

*falls over*

ETA: when we hopefully get in, we should start a sherlock society :tongue:

Yes! I've read the complete Sherlock Holmes collection too. To this day it remains one of the best things I've read :smile:
Original post by candide
unfortunately you can't apply to cambridge if you've already applied to oxford :frown:

a good one :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Doojam
Anyone who's taking the TSA, would you care to tell me what prep you're doing? I keep seeing posts about practicing every day, but I don't know what there actually is to do. Obviously past papers... but aside from that? At this rate it sounds like I'll be ridiculously under-prepared :u:

I'm doing all of the four past papers on the website. I've done one of them under timed conditions, and that was enough for me but it was just so I got an idea of the feeling of doing it under time (nasty :tongue:). For the other three I'm taking as long as it takes to complete them and then checking them, I think it's more beneficial to be able to think about them as on the offchance of something similar coming up in the exam I'll be more familiar with what to do having had the chance to work through them properly.

As for the essay, which is probably my weaker point as I tend to waffle, I'm going to do two or three more practices (already done 6 or so). I'm just going to remember SAE in the exam (Stamped Addressed Envelope) - statement, argument, example. Then I'll do two or three of those for each side of the argument, bung in some definitions of terms at the beginning of the essay, and bring it together in a nice synthesis/conclusion at the end. Maybe will spend ten of the 30 minutes planning, as there's nothing worse for the essay than running headlong into it and then realising you have nothing to say. :smile:
Original post by Doojam
Yes! I've read the complete Sherlock Holmes collection too. To this day it remains one of the best things I've read :smile:

You live in London, so you've probably been to the SH Museum a hundred times, right? :biggrin: And what about the SH restaurant (I think it's near Trafalgar Sq)
AJKFHAJKHFLAJKSFLKASJFLKAJSF

YES!!!!!

I AM!!!!!!!!!

akjsfajskfhsalkfaskf

I love it so much! I've been a fan since last fall and I even watched filming when I visited London over the summer *_*

AND LOOK WHAT I'M WEARING RIGHT NOW

Spoiler

OMG!!!! I WANT THE SHERLOCK SHIRT!! Where did you get it? Really? Season 2 filming/????? Can't wait!
OMG!!!! I WANT THE SHERLOCK SHIRT!! Where did you get it? Really? Season 2 filming/????? Can't wait!

I got it off Qwertee! :biggrin: It just arrived today and it came with a pack of Haribo. :yeah:

Yep, Series 2! I watched a bit of Scandal in Belgravia (the first ep) and saw Martin, Benedict, Gatiss. :smile:
Original post by Doojam

Another Sherlock appreciator!!! Totally forming a society!:smile:))
Holy cow you guys better be talking about the bbc sherlock! Lurv benedict cumberbatch :biggrin:
Original post by thehaberprocess
Holy cow you guys better be talking about the bbc sherlock! Lurv benedict cumberbatch :biggrin:

AHHH YES I AM!

I got an autograph from him! :smile: Although Martin Freeman is way better :love: :love: :love:

Huh I think Sherlock Holmes was a character from novels...?
Reply 9176
The limit of how many posts I can rate is so frustrating at a time when so much Sherlock is about.
Original post by hawkingchampion
Huh I think Sherlock Holmes was a character from novels...?

Yes, but it was adapted into a modern BBC television series by Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss (both writers for Doctor Who). It's great! Everyone should watch it.

Yes, but it was adapted into a modern BBC television series by Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss (both writers for Doctor Who). It's great! Everyone should watch it.

Oh sweet! I love Dr. Who! I think the fact that Moffat is writing it definitely makes it worthy of checking out. I think I'll watch it on the night after the PAT when I completely unwind! :smile:
Original post by emmaaa88
x

Regarding the essay, you should probably spent at least 10 minutes planning, as you've said. I think I even spent 20 minutes planning. Literally writing it out doesn't take long, it's more important to have a cohesive structure. I've read examples where it looks like people were just cut off halfway through and doesn't have any sort of concluding paragraph. :/

Original post by hawkingchampion
Oh sweet! I love Dr. Who! I think the fact that Moffat is writing it definitely makes it worthy of checking out. I think I'll watch it on the night after the PAT when I completely unwind! :smile:

Hooray! There are only 3 minutes of 90-minutes each, so it won't take long to get through them, haha.

I'd go on a tv watching spree as well, but the day after the TSA I have a biology test and several other assignments... :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending