The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8360
Original post by ssss
LOL. Now I know why coming on student room stresses me out :biggrin:

I use it to procrastinate but it ends up making me get really worried and paranoid for no reason. :redface:
Reply 8361
Original post by Besakt
I use it to procrastinate but it ends up making me get really worried and paranoid for no reason. :redface:

Haha DIT-TO then again I often find out useful bits and bobs so can't complain too much :smile:
Original post by SaintSoldier
Thanks for the help :smile: I might be applying there now :wink:

one last question (sorry!). Are you at an advantage if you did more than oe language at GCSE? and are you at an advantage if you got a high grade in that language?

Think about applying to b'ham too with those GCSE's, unless you don't like them :smile: and nope AFAIK, UCL just requires a C in a modern foreign language. Of course, if you have higher/more than that, then great.
Reply 8363
Original post by ssss
Haha DIT-TO then again I often find out useful bits and bobs so can't complain too much :smile:

Yeah every now again you come across something you never knew.:cool:
Original post by Besakt
Yeah every now again you come across something you never knew.:cool:

Definetly good for info, I only just learnt that uni's only get ukcat in November... Wished I'd known that last year so I wouldn't have stressed all sept + oct :tongue:
Original post by SylveeDiggs
Think about applying to b'ham too with those GCSE's, unless you don't like them :smile: and nope AFAIK, UCL just requires a C in a modern foreign language. Of course, if you have higher/more than that, then great.

Oh yeh I'm definitely applying to Birmingham

Could you recommend any places that love GCSEs/A-Levels?

I've got King's and Barts on my list, but any others?

Thanks for all your help :smile:
Reply 8366
Original post by Besakt
Probably because it's just another step.
There was excitement when people were taking the UKCAT.
Then there was excitement when people started their personal statements.
Then when the UCAS got sent off.
After that it was the "Oh Noooooo acknowledgement hasn't arrived yet have I failed already" bit.
Now it is the "Universities know how **** I've done on my UKCAT I'm going to get rejected".

We are still waiting for the "OMG they still haven't sent me an interview this must mean I am going to get rejected" step.
And the "**** I've done crap in my interview I must be getting a rejection now".

I think you're the only person I've seen who worries more than me.
Hi guys.... has anyone been acknowledged by Manchester or southampton? Its freaking me out that they haven't contacted me at all :s-smilie:
2 out of my 4 unis have started interviewing, its horrible! plus once ukcat results are sent, 3 out of my 4 will probs be able to decide who to reject pre-interview quite quickly :s-smilie:

i met somebody today with a ukcat of 750-ish who only applied to one ukcat uni because she still felt it was too risky - way to make me feel inadequate :frown:
Original post by puddleduck
Hi guys.... has anyone been acknowledged by Manchester or southampton? Its freaking me out that they haven't contacted me at all :s-smilie:

I haven't heard anything at all from Manchester yet :smile:
Reply 8370
Original post by cz100
I think you're the only person I've seen who worries more than me.

:lol: I'm not really worried, what's going to happen will happen UCAS is sent off nothing I can do about it now.
I was just saying what I felt was the general feeling amongst TSRians was.
Reply 8371

I got a postcard type thing from Southampton saying thank you for your application on Friday I think.
Reply 8372
Original post by Besakt
:lol: I'm not really worried, what's going to happen will happen UCAS is sent off nothing I can do about it now.
I was just saying what I felt was the general feeling amongst TSRians was.

This should be part of a 'handy guide for medicine applicants - step by step advice for each part of the application'
Reply 8373

Southampton send a post card. I got mine last week but somebody on here received their acknowledgement post card after their interview.
Original post by laurie:)

i met somebody today with a ukcat of 750-ish who only applied to one ukcat uni because she still felt it was too risky - way to make me feel inadequate :frown:

Lol, that person is quite ridiculous.
Oooh I wonder if I got a postcard from them this year too :colone:

(last year So'ton messed up and sent a load of postcards saying thanks for your application to people that had applied for 2010 entry :lol:)
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Oooh I wonder if I got a postcard from them this year too :colone:

(last year So'ton messed up and sent a load of postcards saying thanks for your application to people that had applied for 2010 entry :lol:)

Whoopsydaisy! Hahaha :rolleyes:
Oh yeh I'm definitely applying to Birmingham

Could you recommend any places that love GCSEs/A-Levels?

I've got King's and Barts on my list, but any others?

Thanks for all your help :smile:

Liverpool and Bristol comes to mind, and maybe BSMS, notts and leeds. I wouldn't particularly say barts btw.
Reply 8378

yes I've had a postcard from Southampton
I've got the UCAS points for Barts, so that's a pretty solid choice (well, as much as it can get in Medicine admissions :wink:)

And thanks for the other suggestions, I'll look into them :biggrin: (although Notts is definitely out because I live close to the uni and I want to get away from home :colone:)

Nobody has the UCAS points for Barts. Nobody knows what UCAS points they're looking for, or their cutt-off :tongue:

Just take everything one step at a time okay :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending