The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flywithemma
Haha, yeah it is. So jealous of the fact Hertfordians (is that even the word?) can just roll out of bed and end up in the library...fancy swapping? Keble's in pretty prime physics territory :tongue:

Out of pure chance, do you happen to know...

2 guys doing history called Rhys and Finn (I met them on a Summer School last year)
A guy doing E&M called Nick (he went to my school :smile:)

Haha I know Finn, he's a funny guy! Got SERIOUSLY drunk on matriculation and ended up getting kicked out of a restaurant and stuff :tongue:

Yeah if it's the Nick I think it is then he's my neighbour :smile:
Original post by soutioirsim
Haha I know Finn, he's a funny guy! Got SERIOUSLY drunk on matriculation and ended up getting kicked out of a restaurant and stuff :tongue:

Yeah if it's the Nick I think it is then he's my neighbour :smile:

Hahaha. I met him last year at the UNIQ summer school

and that's so weird. His surname...begins with a B? We went to school together alll the way since Reception :biggrin:

Original post by MrCarmady
How are thursday evenings, everyone?

Considerably better than Wednesdays!
so everyone apart from dbmag can make thursdays? are you sure there's no way, guy?
It's quite an odd feeling thinking I may have seen some of you yesterday :tongue:
Thursdays good for me :smile:
Thursday evenings are very good :yep:
Can I come?
Original post by Fang_RedDragon
Can I come?

You'd better come!
ok, next thursday it is, then. any suggestions for the pub? also, what time?
Can I come? :smile:
everyone's welcome
Original post by MrCarmady
ok, next thursday it is, then. any suggestions for the pub? also, what time?

Original post by micky022
x

Original post by The Anti-Hero
x

Original post by Sempiternitas
x

Quoting people in so they know what's going on...

Also the only pubs I could suggest are Lamb & Flag (probably too small/a bit out of the centre) or Four Candles...
I suggest King's Arms
Reply 4373
I can't really do Thursdays, but for a medium sized group the Mitre or Chequers could be decent, although they lack a bit of character. Far from the Madding Crowd isn't bad either.
Reply 4374
Hesus Christus how long have we been here? I figured after interviews TSR would die down for everyone coming in this year so I promptly forgot my account and had to make a new one.. aah such great memories of procrastination on here.. :smile:
Does anyone from Wadham know about the medic who is transferring to Trinity for physics?
Original post by qwertyuiop1993
Does anyone from Wadham know about the medic who is transferring to Trinity for physics?

Yeh I know her, she lives upstairs from me.
Original post by qwertyuiop1993

I heard about that on the grapevine, didn't think it was actually true...

There have been 3 people who have tried (2 successfully) to swap courses at Keble since I got here, but they've all been simple swaps inside the College, nothing on a Uni wide scale.

There have been 3 people who have tried (2 successfully) to swap courses at Keble since I got here, but they've all been simple swaps inside the College, nothing on a Uni wide scale.

A guy here tried to change from law to music and wasn't allowed, so he left. That's the only one I've heard of so far.

Original post by riotgrrl
A guy here tried to change from law to music and wasn't allowed, so he left. That's the only one I've heard of so far.

Someone in my year switched from English to Classics after his first year, and it meant he also had to swap colleges, because Catz doesn't offer that course. We miss him :frown: Another girl dropped out of 1st year biolgy and restarted this year in Human Sciences. So it happens, I think you either have to be pretty good/reapply all over again though.

Quick Reply

Latest