The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manic_fuzz
Well, it's be fine if i lived near Exeter or Plymouth, but nope, i have to live on the border-line with Cornwall :rofl:

Lol Falmouth. Still undecided as to whether to apply to Exeter :/ What's Devon (exeter) like?

Original post by fluteflute
This time next week we'll be discussing how the tests went :-o

:afraid:

+ 24 hours. TSR rules :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Just realised my course has an intake of 8 D:
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Hehehehehe ya whaaaa? :lolwut:

I recognize Armenia...from the Eurovision contest :party:

Seriously? It's better not to be recognized :ahhhhh:
Original post by 4 I Murder Carrots Fun
Just realised my course has an intake of 8 D:

As is mine, for my college (not university wide)

That actually means its a big course, for some i.e History & Econ is one per college!
Original post by Devil_in_disguise
Seriously? It's better not to be recognized :ahhhhh:

Hahaha well and History, USSR + stuff :smile:

You were awesome in Eurovision! should be proud! ha ... just joking, I didn't watch it and have no idea but :party:
Original post by fawltyfan
Haha that is quite true. Plus, if it's good news you can shove the letter into all your relatives' faces - can't do that with an email..

if it's not "AND YES AUNTIE MILDRED I GOT REJECTED! Here, read the letter! And NO, I don't care!!"
(edited 12 years ago)
Hehehehehe ya whaaaa? :lolwut:

I recognize Armenia...from the Eurovision contest :party:

apricotts, from the motherlaaaand

Edit: found it
(edited 12 years ago)

I've obviously heard of Armenia! :biggrin: Although the rest, i have absolutely no idea :tongue:

From the Eurovision?:biggrin:
Are A-level students in the UK taught poetry scansion at all? Tracing a poem's metre, understanding metrical substitution, technical stuff like that? I am preparing for the ELAT and am not sure if one is supposed to focus on similarities/differences in the treatment of themes in the given passages or if form and structure need to be explained in minute detail. Anyone? Please?
Original post by ReBee
Yerevan is Armenia's capital. ;p You're not applying for Geography I hope? :tongue:

Are you applying for Geography?
Original post by Franny Glass
Are A-level students in the UK taught poetry scansion at all? Tracing a poem's metre, understanding metrical substitution, technical stuff like that? I am preparing for the ELAT and am not sure if one is supposed to focus on similarities/differences in the treatment of themes in the given passages or if form and structure need to be explained in minute detail. Anyone? Please?

I've certainly done that for Latin and Greek A level, but I doubt if it's covered in English literature syllabi tbh. The probably wouldn't expect you to know that.
Original post by medbh4805
apricotts, from the motherlaaaand

Edit: found it

Noooooooooooooooo:nooo::nooo::nooo:
Hahaha well and History, USSR + stuff :smile:

You were awesome in Eurovision! should be proud! ha ... just joking, I didn't watch it and have no idea but :party:

Yea, :party: anyways:smile:
Original post by ReBee
Yerevan is Armenia's capital. ;p You're not applying for Geography I hope? :tongue:

:tongue: Not at all, i thought Amsterdam was a country until someone invited me to go there for their birthday :redface:

Lol Falmouth. Still undecided as to whether to apply to Exeter :/ What's Devon (exeter) like?

Falmouth's pretty though! :tongue:

Well, i'm not sure how to compare... People usually say it's pretty, but considering where i live i can see the sea from school and such as then i don't really find it that great. It's my favourite place to shop in Devon :wink: Urm, what else... nearly everyone's white? :tongue: I can't imagine living in Exeter would be that great. Although there's a lot more there than here, i still can't imagine there being anything much to do... But then again,i don't go to Exeter all that often, maybe once a month.

Devon in general is alright if you like countryside and sheep and beaches and surfing and all that. Although the transport is rather bad, it's no less chavvy in many areas than you'd expect in proper urban cities, and when you ask people about their opinions on the current economic climate don't be surprised if they reply as to how the weather is affecting their gardening (happened to me... and i had to stand there and listen while trying not to die of laughter :rofl: ).

Overall, it's alright, but i could imagine it getting a bit boring after a couple of years - i don't know one person who wants to stay living in the Devon/Cornwall, but that could be because we've all spent most our life living around here sooo... :s-smilie:
Noooooooooooooooo:nooo::nooo::nooo:

mwhahahahaha :pierre:

Is it bad I remembered that off hand?

More lulz:

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9315
Are you applying for Geography?

Nope, check my signature! If Geography was only maps and stuff, I might have thought about applying!
From the Eurovision?:biggrin:

Well yes that helps :tongue: but I just recognise Armenia as a random country. It's the kind of country that most people seem to have heard of, but no-one knows about!

Original post by Franny Glass

I don't think it's a necessary part of the course so I wouldn't worry too much :smile:

However, metre is sometimes bought up in my class, but often more by us students via our own critical interpretations and further analysis rather than through the teacher having to make sure we know it.
Original post by medbh4805
mwhahahahaha :pierre:

Is it bad I remembered that off hand?

More lulz:

yep, as a Classics applicant it is:P We're ancient, y u no like us? :biggrin:
Original post by ReBee
Nope, check my signature! If Geography was only maps and stuff, I might have thought about applying!

Sorry, I just have the signatures disabled))
Well yes that helps :tongue: but I just recognise Armenia as a random country. It's the kind of country that most people seem to have heard of, but no-one knows about!

:iiam::iiam: