The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2280
Original post by safmaster
I sent it on the 26th September. If it helps, when the admissions tutor requested my UMS, I asked him when I should expect a response. Here is what he said:

"If I can, I normally make a decision within a week of it arriving with me and write indicating such. There will be a number of applications that we keep on hold until January next year. We will tell applicants if they are one of them by Christmas."

When did you get this response?

is this for Maths? 3 year or 4 year?
Original post by maths134

Original post by maths134
I have no offers/rejections... sigh

It's still October...last year I still didn't have all my replies until late March! :tongue:
What do you do at maths interviews?
I really hope I dont need to have one!!
Do any of the following interview for maths (of your knowledge):
Lancaster, Leeds, Sheffield, Heriot-Watt, Leicester?
Original post by mpc1
When did you get this response?

is this for Maths? 3 year or 4 year?

I got the response on the 14th. I'm not sure whether he was referring to the 3 year or 4 year course; I've applied to do the 4 year course myself.
Reply 2284
Original post by safmaster
I got the response on the 14th. I'm not sure whether he was referring to the 3 year or 4 year course; I've applied to do the 4 year course myself.

Is the response specifically from maths dept or for any course in the uni?
Original post by mpc1
Is the response specifically from maths dept or for any course in the uni?

Maths department.
Reply 2286
Original post by BeccaCath94
What do you do at maths interviews?
I really hope I dont need to have one!!
Do any of the following interview for maths (of your knowledge):
Lancaster, Leeds, Sheffield, Heriot-Watt, Leicester?

You won't have an interview - don't worry :tongue:
Original post by Ree69
You won't have an interview - don't worry :tongue:

Thank you!! :biggrin: Pheww.... haha
Anybody received offers from Durham, Warwick or Bath yet? Sent my application on the 7th Oct... nothing yet.
Reply 2289
Original post by laughylolly
Anybody received offers from Durham, Warwick or Bath yet? Sent my application on the 7th Oct... nothing yet.

Some offers have been sent out by Warwick and Bath. Mostly for the 4 year course I think.
Original post by deejayy
Some offers have been sent out by Warwick and Bath. Mostly for the 4 year course I think.

Oh, that's the one I've applied for :s-smilie: Been like 2 and a half weeks since I sent my application...

Have you applied for G100 or G103 at Warwick? A load of people got offers for G103 last week but I haven't heard of any Scottish applicants getting them. I suppose we'll just have to wait. :smile:
Original post by derangedyoshi
Have you applied for G100 or G103 at Warwick? A load of people got offers for G103 last week but I haven't heard of any Scottish applicants getting them. I suppose we'll just have to wait. :smile:

I've applied for G103. I guess cause we are Scottish applicants with different qualifications they consider our applications separately? I guess we are just special...
I've applied for G103. I guess cause we are Scottish applicants with different qualifications they consider our applications separately? I guess we are just special...

Yeah, must be - I only sent mine on the 14th so I'm not too surprised I haven't heard but I'd have thought you would have. And they do have a standard offer for Scottish applicants (A1 in maths, A in another AH and 2 in STEP I believe). Ah well. Let's just enjoy being special :biggrin:
Yeah, must be - I only sent mine on the 14th so I'm not too surprised I haven't heard but I'd have thought you would have. And they do have a standard offer for Scottish applicants (A1 in maths, A in another AH and 2 in STEP I believe). Ah well. Let's just enjoy being special :biggrin:

Yeah... oh well. Will just have to wait and see. Their Scottish offer is very reasonable compared to the A-level offer. Especially if you are taking three AH's.
Reply 2295
Yeah... oh well. Will just have to wait and see. Their Scottish offer is very reasonable compared to the A-level offer. Especially if you are taking three AH's.

Which are the uni's and course choices for which you have applied?

Yeah, it is! I always think I must be remembering it wrong when I compare it to A*A*A 2. Oh well. AH Maths is harder than single A level maths I think, and not everyone gets a chance to do 3 AHs. :smile:
Original post by mpc1
Which are the uni's and course choices for which you have applied?

Check the signature =) but umm Warwick G103, Bath G103, St Andrews G101, Oxford (Trinity) G100 and Durham (St. Aidans) G103 .

Yeah, it is! I always think I must be remembering it wrong when I compare it to A*A*A 2. Oh well. AH Maths is harder than single A level maths I think, and not everyone gets a chance to do 3 AHs. :smile:

My maths teacher the other day was saying that we have A- Level FM stuff in AH Maths.
Reply 2298
Check the signature =) but umm Warwick G103, Bath G103, St Andrews G101, Oxford (Trinity) G100 and Durham (St. Aidans) G103 .

goodluck!! do you have any offers yet? when did you apply?

The wait seems so annoying!
My maths teacher the other day was saying that we have A- Level FM stuff in AH Maths.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised - but double maths A level is still better than AH. I suppose AH applied maths would be a bit better but not enough schools offer it.

Latest