The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by coffeeortea
wow! Two A*s already! I really dont like physics, to me it's very boring.
A friend of mine is also applying to Economics in Cambridge,She got 2A*s as well! One in Alevel maths and one in Further Maths, She's really good in maths! I think she got like the highest mark in the World for FM.

hahaha damn! well i like maths, but im not as gifted as ur friend obviously :P did you get an from any other unis?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Nadine10
hahaha damn! well i like maths, but im not as gifted as ur friend obviously :P did you get an from any other unis?

nope, warwick is my first offer.
i think i have to wait until the end of november for ucl and i heard lse dont give out offers until next year for economic history.
Anybody applying for languages?

and how do I enter myself on that place above with the list? sorry I am new :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 323
Original post by coffeeortea
nope, warwick is my first offer.
i think i have to wait until the end of november for ucl and i heard lse dont give out offers until next year for economic history.

omg lse is apparantly so slow :frown: but they are really competitive so i guess it makes sense. i was lse so bad tho!
Reply 324
Hey guys, what do you think my chances are?

I submitted my UCAS application on the 11th October. I am so worried :s-smilie:

Subject: Economics
GCSE grades: 5A* 5A 1B
A Level subjects: ICT, Maths, Economics, Computing
AS Results: AAAA
A2 Result : A* (ICT)
Predicted grades: A*A*A*
Reply 325
hahahah we have SUCH SIMILAR subjects! i have already achieved Alevel in maths (A*) and French (A), and im targetted A*A*A*A* for Physics, Further Maths, Economics and EPQ. oh and i dropped history, which i got an A in at AS. why did you drop physics?

wow you have such great scores!!! You might get acceptances from all your choices! how many offers do you have already..

goodluck and great scores again!
Original post by languagegeek

Original post by languagegeek
Anybody applying for languages?

and how do I enter myself on that place above with the list? sorry I am new :smile:

I'm for languages - French and Italian. How about you?
Reply 327
Original post by Yash13
Hey guys, what do you think my chances are?

I submitted my UCAS application on the 11th October. I am so worried :s-smilie:

Subject: Economics
GCSE grades: 5A* 5A 1B
A Level subjects: ICT, Maths, Economics, Computing
AS Results: AAAA
A2 Result : A* (ICT)
Predicted grades: A*A*A*

You have like no reason to be worried! You have great grades.

:smile:
Reply 328
Original post by mpc1
wow you have such great scores!!! You might get acceptances from all your choices! how many offers do you have already..

goodluck and great scores again!

just one, from bristol :P and thank you!
Reply 329
Original post by Olive12
You have like no reason to be worried! You have great grades.

:smile:

Wow. Thanks. It's just the people who are getting offers for my course, have like 5/6 A-Levels and 10 A* GCSEs. You made me feel better about my grades, thanks. :biggrin:
Reply 330
Original post by Yash13
Wow. Thanks. It's just the people who are getting offers for my course, have like 5/6 A-Levels and 10 A* GCSEs. You made me feel better about my grades, thanks. :biggrin:

Aw, no problem. I know what you mean, it can be daunting seeing how well other people have done but you are one of those people! I'm sure you'll get offers soon.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 331
Original post by Yash13

where and for which course have you applied and do you have any offers already?
Reply 332
Original post by Olive12
Aw, no problem. I know what you mean, it can be daunting seeing how well other people have done but you are one of those people! I'm sure you'll get offers soon.

Good luck :smile:

:biggrin: Thanks! Good luck to you too!!

Original post by mpc1
where and for which course have you applied and do you have any offers already?

I have applied for Economics. My choices are: Cambridge, Durham, Bath, Warwick and Exeter. :L I know very risky. I like living on the edge. LOL. No offers :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
I am currently in Year 11 and I haven't fully made my mind up yet but I think I would like to do Biomedical Chemistry at Warwick.
-I do Triple Science, History, Geography,English Lit/Lang, French, IT, R.S and Maths.

-I am predicted A*/A's and a few B's

- So I ask what A-Levels should I be taking for this course? (obviously Biology and Chemistry)

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by ThomasRofe
I am currently in Year 11 and I haven't fully made my mind up yet but I think I would like to do Biomedical Chemistry at Warwick.
-I do Triple Science, History, Geography,English Lit/Lang, French, IT, R.S and Maths.

-I am predicted A*/A's and a few B's

- So I ask what A-Levels should I be taking for this course? (obviously Biology and Chemistry)

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Other than Biology and Chemistry..do something that you a)enjoy b)you're good

I would suggest you maybe keep your options open a little incase you dont want to go into science in the future..maybe history/politics/economics and maths

Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Maths is a very strong mix and it keeps your options quite open as well :h: Languages are always good as well! Do something you think you will enjoy learning about :h:
Reply 335
Original post by Groat
Which Cambridge college? :u:

Fitzwilliam :smile: What about you?
Reply 336
any more offers for economics at warwick? im getting a bit worried cos they h ave started, but i havent gotten anything yet.
Reply 337
Original post by mpc1
Congrats! what are the conditions?

When did you apply? Are you a home or an international applicant?

It's unconditional because I'm on a gap year now. I applied 4th of October as an EU applicant. Did you apply for the same course?
Reply 338
any more offers for economics at warwick? im getting a bit worried cos they h ave started, but i havent gotten anything yet.

Same!!!! :frown:
Reply 339
Original post by Pigeon93
It's unconditional because I'm on a gap year now. I applied 4th of October as an EU applicant. Did you apply for the same course?

No, not an eco applicant!

Congratulations again! Is this your first offer this year after sending it out on Oct 4th ? What are the other uni's you have applied for? What is your top choice?

Goodluck with all your choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending