The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aula

why :colondollar:?

The bits I find most difficult to remember are where they've only added one word...

Well in my old parish we always used to sing it and it was quite different and although I do Daily Mass (where all the other parts are covered, and I'm therefore learning more quickly) the Gloria is rarely done at Daily Mass so haven't had chance to learn it like the other parts.
Reply 3461
Original post by adamrules247

Well in my old parish we always used to sing it and it was quite different and although I do Daily Mass (where all the other parts are covered, and I'm therefore learning more quickly) the Gloria is rarely done at Daily Mass so haven't had chance to learn it like the other parts.

I meant why be embarrassed by it? Most people haven't even got the hang of 'and with your spirit'

Well done though :yy:
I'm still not getting the hang of it :no: I also find it confusing when only one word has altered :five:
Original post by Aula
I meant why be embarrassed by it? Most people haven't even got the hang of 'and with your spirit'

Well done though :yy:

Oh right :colondollar:

Just awkward having to turn during the middle of the of the Gloria to grab the card. Thanks :smile: I hope everything is going good for yourself :awesome: How's the job going?

Just awkward having to turn during the middle of the of the Gloria to grab the card.

We sing the Gloria and so it's been easier to remember.
I'm being negged a lot for saying that I'd consider becoming a nun if I felt called to it. Gotta love this forum :awesome:
Do you male Catholics not worry about marrying a ladyboy? Theoretically you could go all the way to marriage without realising..
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I'm being negged a lot for saying that I'd consider becoming a nun if I felt called to it. Gotta love this forum :awesome:

So many haters :frown: Fundamentally they hate us though because we think differently to them. To become a nun, or a priest, to to remain celibate and control your sexuality and is thus counter cultural in our hedonistic way. They react the way they do because they, quite frankly, have a fear of it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Just watched the Young Nuns programme. What a wonderful and interesting show :yep:
Just watched the Young Nuns programme. What a wonderful and interesting show :yep:

:yep: My American friend and I are planning on watching it at the weekend :smile:
:yep: My American friend and I are planning on watching it at the weekend :smile:

I quite enjoyed it. Would have been interested to hear more about exactly why they felt called to that vocation though :yes:
I quite enjoyed it. Would have been interested to hear more about exactly why they felt called to that vocation though :yes:

Well I'll see if I pick anything out of it when I watch it :yep:

The first way to learn what your vocation is, is to pray upon it; in front of the Blessed Sacrament is possible.
Well I'll see if I pick anything out of it when I watch it :yep:

The first way to learn what your vocation is, is to pray upon it; in front of the Blessed Sacrament is possible.

I definitely need to do lots of praying. I don't know what God wants from me anymore :no:
I definitely need to do lots of praying. I don't know what God wants from me anymore :no:

Same here. The second I start gravitating towards one of them the second He throws me the other way.
Hi guys, Just wanted to say thank you to whoever gave me the personal rep and the included very nice comment. I wish you'd left your name! I love it when people are nice. Gives me faith in humanity. :h:
Original post by amandacalifornia
Hi guys, Just wanted to say thank you to whoever gave me the personal rep and the included very nice comment. I wish you'd left your name! I love it when people are nice. Gives me faith in humanity. :h:

:hi:
Original post by amandacalifornia
This nasty, hateful, ignorant, unChristian comment and the rep/response it got on this thread, of all threads, is why I have not joined the TSR Christian society.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

PRSOM! Epic post!
So sad that Cicerao said they hated the Catholic Church :no:
Yeah all that was getting rather nasty. I have little time for anti-Catholic bashing :no:

I'm doing Oxbridge mock interviews on Saturday and have been given two personal statements. One applicant mentions going to Lourdes :woo: So tempted to turn the whole interview into a debate on Catholic mysticism :yeah:
Yeah all that was getting rather nasty. I have little time for anti-Catholic bashing :no:

I'm doing Oxbridge mock interviews on Saturday and have been given two personal statements. One applicant mentions going to Lourdes :woo: So tempted to turn the whole interview into a debate on Catholic mysticism :yeah:

Actually do it! That would be amazing :party: :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending