The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brand New Eyes
Nawwww that was so cute

True, we're all weird and geeky and hilarious! and we LOVE it <3 aha

Okay you're obviously a more dedicated fan than me seeing as your remember the name. All I remember was that it was called Silence in the Library xD

Am I the only who is HATING this season, it's getting so boring :frown: I miss Tennant, although I do LOVE amy and Rory! They so cute ^^

The Silence o_O

Edit: okay! What's the big idea? How do I make a photo appear? *doh!*

Aww i love baby animals! And oh yes, you've gotta love it, otherwise you'll just go completely insane :eek:

Ah well i love Doctor Whoooooo :smile: Oh i love this series! But i think i see what you mean, it's a bit like there's one big plot which is referred to in the first and last programmes, but the whole rest of the programmes are just 'filler' :redface:

Yes, ergh indeed!
Original post by medbh4805
I used to want to be a doctor

Spoiler

what was I even thinking :facepalm2:

:angry: Doctor's are amazing.

Well, Rhysie Doctors are :rolleyes:
Original post by manic_fuzz
Aww i love baby animals! And oh yes, you've gotta love it, otherwise you'll just go completely insane :eek:

Ah well i love Doctor Whoooooo :smile: Oh i love this series! But i think i see what you mean, it's a bit like there's one big plot which is referred to in the first and last programmes, but the whole rest of the programmes are just 'filler' :redface:

Yes, ergh indeed!

Aww yay! finally a guy who likes cute little animals. I was reading the thread on TSR about who was cuter : babies, kittens or puppies and there was the funniest picture of a baby next to a dog. I think animals win (y)

Eurgh, when there's loads of the silence just HANGING from the ceiling :s will never get out of my mind. I am SCARRED for life. I need a high dosage of kitten cuteness to cure me.

OH MY GOSH

I just googled 'kitten in a cup" ! ^^ they so cuuuuute. me wannn one. < gibberish seems to be a common reaction
Reply 9383
It makes me very happy to know that if I do somehow get into Oxford I will be a part of a community of Doctor Who lovers.
:angry: Doctor's are amazing.

Well, Rhysie Doctors are :rolleyes:

My loling was more to do with the fact that I am completely unsuitable for being a doctor, as you can probably tell

plus I hated gcse chemistry :angry:
Reply 9385
Saturday night in the JCR of every college is Dr Who night. Though we also have a big crowd for Downtown Abbey and Spooks
Original post by JMusson
Saturday night in the JCR of every college is Dr Who night. Though we also have a big crowd for Downtown Abbey and Spooks

Which college!? oops obviously got a bit too excited and skipped over the "every college" bit

I'm not that fussed about spooks but! Horray :party: LET THEM EAT CAKE

Does anyone watch dare I say it... TOWIE and MiC?
Original post by JMusson
6A*s is plenty, my mum once heard if it was true they had a cut off of 7A*s or lower (like UCL) and the senior tutor said they're really not that bothered by GCSE's.
There's an index that relates your GCSE results to your Alevels that shows if you're underachieving or overachieving though, that might be of vague interest.And like everywhere else, they only ask for 3 a level results so really any more is just keen :P

Thanks :smile: I'm not too worried about my GCSEs as long as I try my best at the rest of my application (which luckily for History includes many different elements), it can just be a bit disheartening when you see people with around 12-13A*s at GCSE, which seems honestly unreal to me - but that's TSR I guess, and the nature of this thread means everyone seems amazingly intelligent!

Do you know how the index works? :tongue: Just because I'm interested to see how they would work something like this out, besides the obvious comparisons.
Got an email from Worcester today saying they have my application :woo:
Aww yay! finally a guy who likes cute little animals. I was reading the thread on TSR about who was cuter : babies, kittens or puppies and there was the funniest picture of a baby next to a dog. I think animals win (y)

Eurgh, when there's loads of the silence just HANGING from the ceiling :s will never get out of my mind. I am SCARRED for life. I need a high dosage of kitten cuteness to cure me.

OH MY GOSH

I just googled 'kitten in a cup&quot; ! ^^ they so cuuuuute. me wannn one. &lt; gibberish seems to be a common reaction

Hahaha i think everyone likes cute things, they just pretend not to :ninja:

And omg i know, it's odd to think that they could aaactually exist considering noone would remember them :eek: *cue arms covered in black pen*

Awwwwww, d'you think you can buy them as a package - kitten AND cup :wink: I want a micro-pig ! ! ! ! ! ! They have the cutest pictures of them online. But my friend refuses to let me get one because they're 'unnatural' :frown:

Original post by Doojam
It makes me very happy to know that if I do somehow get into Oxford I will be a part of a community of Doctor Who lovers.

YES! I bet there's a Doctor Who Society :redface:

My loling was more to do with the fact that I am completely unsuitable for being a doctor, as you can probably tell

plus I hated gcse chemistry :angry:

:wink: well

Mmm, i didn't hate GCSE chemistry, but i didn't particularly enjoy it either. I couldn't care less about quick-lime or Mendeleev :confused:

Original post by JMusson

I've never watched Downtown Abbey or Spooks... but Dr Who :sexface:

I actually do! :woo:

:wink: well

:teehee:

Mmm, i didn't hate GCSE chemistry, but i didn't particularly enjoy it either. I couldn't care less about quick-lime or Mendeleev :confused:

I slept in a lot of the lessons :dontknow:

pfft
Reply 9392

I do :colondollar: Mainly because a lot of it is filmed in my local area and it's interesting to see where the stereotypes come from. Plus Joey Essex, Chloe etc. are just pure entertainment - Frogs aren't animals - Oh yeah, they're amphibians. and I thought Parmesan was a type of potato to name but a few.
Reply 9393
YES! I bet there's a Doctor Who Society :redface:

Count me in :biggrin:
I slept in a lot of the lessons :dontknow:

pfft

:frown: Our teacher left because our year made him lose hope in teaching; although, he was a terrible teacher so maybe it was for the best :mmm:

Original post by Doojam
Joey Essex, Chloe

Yes yes and yes!

'Omg our break lights are the same colour!'
I just sent an email volunteering to help with the interview period this year. So if I end up doing it (not guaranteed, but we'll see!), and any of you apply to Exeter/interview at Exeter/end up walking into Exeter thinking it's Lincoln, you may well be shown your bedroom/interview room/way to Lincoln by me!

EDIT: yeah, there is a Doctor Who society, and apparently it's quite big. Definitely bigger than Star Trek soc, anyway, if the other TrekSoc members are to be trusted.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9396
Yes yes and yes!

'Omg our break lights are the same colour!'

The break lights comment reminds me of 'the reem machine', ahaha. Joey completely makes it for me.
:frown: Our teacher left because our year made him lose hope in teaching; although, he was a terrible teacher so maybe it was for the best :mmm:

Yeah my chemistry teachers were terrible - and 15/16 year old grammar school girls aren't exactly the hardest cohort to teach :erm: so boring :coma:

I honestly learned the whole syllabus in the few months before the exam, and swiftly forgot it :rofl:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9398
Original post by LtCommanderData
I just sent an email volunteering to help with the interview period this year. So if I end up doing it (not guaranteed, but we'll see!), and any of you apply to Exeter/interview at Exeter/end up walking into Exeter thinking it's Lincoln, you may well be shown your bedroom/interview room/way to Lincoln by me!

EDIT: yeah, there is a Doctor Who society, and apparently it's quite big. Definitely bigger than Star Trek soc, anyway, if the other TrekSoc members are to be trusted.

Oh em gee me too! Imean.. at trinity.. but it should be good :smile:

Original post by Niki_girl
Do you know how the index works? :tongue: Just because I'm interested to see how they would work something like this out, besides the obvious comparisons.

Unfortunate lack of knowledge here, however its collated by some university's stats department and it could well just be a general correllation; average GCSE score : average A level score or something similar.. I think you can get it per subject as well. My stats teacher at school had a copy to show how well the maths department taught us stuff. Or at least how good they were at encouraging people who weren't good at maths not to take it.. minor cynical interpretation there..

Deary me this site is going to be bad for the work I need to hand in tomorrow :/
Original post by JMusson
Oh em gee me too! Imean.. at trinity.. but it should be good :smile:

Deary me this site is going to be bad for the work I need to hand in tomorrow :/

:biggrin: What subject are you?

Latest

Trending

Trending