The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mpc1
goodluck!! do you have any offers yet? when did you apply?

The wait seems so annoying!

No offers yet =( hopefully get some soon... I applied on the 7th Oct. (2 and a half weeks ago)

Original post by derangedyoshi
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised - but double maths A level is still better than AH. I suppose AH applied maths would be a bit better but not enough schools offer it.

I guess I'm doing double AH Maths. I love stats, tons of people find it boring but I really like it. And to be honest AH Physics is practically applied Maths too :L
Original post by laughylolly
I guess I'm doing double AH Maths. I love stats, tons of people find it boring but I really like it. And to be honest AH Physics is practically applied Maths too :L

I think I'd like stats although I might prefer mechanics, not sure. And physics - unit 1 is very mathsy but not quite so much unit 2. I suppose that's why I think unit 1 is so much better :biggrin:
You know... I remember the Oxford thread had a light-hearted discussion about somewhere to go on holiday together... So if... IF... we were to do something like this, it'd have to be Gottingen, Germany. :wink: If I ever wish to go on a maths pilgrimage, I would go there.
Reply 2303
I got an offer from Univeristy of Liverpool - GL11
ABB :smile:
Reply 2304
Original post by safmaster
I sent it on the 26th September. If it helps, when the admissions tutor requested my UMS, I asked him when I should expect a response. Here is what he said:

"If I can, I normally make a decision within a week of it arriving with me and write indicating such. There will be a number of applications that we keep on hold until January next year. We will tell applicants if they are one of them by Christmas."

When you reply to such mails, how does one go about addressing? Dear Sir/Madam, Dear Mr. Second name, Hello, nothing?

Curious...........
Original post by mpc1
When you reply to such mails, how does one go about addressing? Dear Sir/Madam, Dear Mr. Second name, Hello, nothing?

Curious...........

I think Dear Sir/Madam is for when you don't know who will be reading it. If you have his second name from the email he's sent you, I'd say Dear Mr. second name.
Acknowledgement from Imperial came through at 2 a.m. today. About time but I'm not expecting anything else from Imperial until after January.
Reply 2307
Original post by Edwin Okli
Acknowledgement from Imperial came through at 2 a.m. today. About time but I'm not expecting anything else from Imperial until after January.

Have Warwick asked you to go to a departmental open day?

Because on the link they give it says,

"This form is closed and is no longer accepting any submissions.

The next opportunity to visit us is the University Open Day on Saturday 7 May, for which advanced booking is essential, see here."

And I've already been to the general open day so there's not much point in going again.
Reply 2308
Just got an unconditional from Nottignham :biggrin:
Reply 2309
Original post by Thrug
Have Warwick asked you to go to a departmental open day?

Because on the link they give it says,

"This form is closed and is no longer accepting any submissions.

The next opportunity to visit us is the University Open Day on Saturday 7 May, for which advanced booking is essential, see here."

And I've already been to the general open day so there's not much point in going again.

I've applied to Warwick (haven't been offered a place yet though). Although I can't speak for Warwick at this moment in time, for Bath Dr. Geoff Smith just said if you've already been to visit the department there's really no point in visiting again.
Reply 2310
Original post by Ree69
Just got an unconditional from Nottignham :biggrin:

Congratulations!

:bumps:

Cool, when did you submit your UCAS?
Reply 2312

which course and when did you apply?
Applied for Maths all G100..

Cambridge - Caius
Imperial
UCL
Durham
York

All acknowledged but no offers yet :frown: but then again, no rejections yet :smile:
Original post by anil10100
Cool, when did you submit your UCAS?

Original post by mpc1
which course and when did you apply?

I submitted my application on the 7th October and I'm applying for G104 MSci Mathematics with a Year in Europe.
Reply 2315
I submitted my application on the 7th October and I'm applying for G104 MSci Mathematics with a Year in Europe.

goodluck. what are your other choices? Did you get any offers so far?

Original post by mpc1
goodluck. what are your other choices? Did you get any offers so far?

Read my signature. :P
I have an offer from Warwick for G103 MMath Mathematics, and I'm applying for G104 MSci Mathematics with a Year in Europe at Bristol and Bath and G100 BSc Mathematics at Emmanuel College, Cambridge.

How about you?
just got a letter from manchester saying i have to come for an interview :smile:
does that mean i get an offer?
Reply 2318
Read my signature. :P
I have an offer from Warwick for G103 MMath Mathematics, and I'm applying for G104 MSci Mathematics with a Year in Europe at Bristol and Bath and G100 BSc Mathematics at Emmanuel College, Cambridge.

How about you?

Sorry, not able to read signatures.

can someone help as to how I can activate this feature?
Original post by mpc1
Sorry, not able to read signatures.

can someone help as to how I can activate this feature?

Settings > Options > Scroll down to 'visible post elements' and it should be there

Latest