Warwick Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Can you possibly add me to the list too? Cheers :smile:

Subject: Classics
GCSE grades: 10A*, 2A
A Level subjects: English Literature, Maths, Latin
AS Results: AAAAA
Predicted grades: A*A*A*

Have one offer from Exeter already but Warwick is my second choice after Cambridge and I LOVE it there :smile: Good luck to everyone else applying and awaiting offers! xx
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by -Illmatic-
Other than Biology and Chemistry..do something that you a)enjoy b)you're good

I would suggest you maybe keep your options open a little incase you dont want to go into science in the future..maybe history/politics/economics and maths

Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Maths is a very strong mix and it keeps your options quite open as well :h: Languages are always good as well! Do something you think you will enjoy learning about :h:

Thank-you, I do really like History and Politics sounds interesting!
Original post by greengables
I'm for languages - French and Italian. How about you?

Hi :smile: I am applying for french and german. Do you study italian at school or are you starting it as a beginners course?
Original post by ThomasRofe
Thank-you, I do really like History and Politics sounds interesting!

Pick what you enjoy; if thats History and Politics, then so be it! Chemistry, Biology, History and Politics is a very strong mix :smile:
Original post by languagegeek

Original post by languagegeek
Hi :smile: I am applying for french and german. Do you study italian at school or are you starting it as a beginners course?

I'm starting it as a beginner :smile:
Hey guys, I got an offer for Biomedical Science!
Original post by amazingacademic

Woahwoahwoah,
when?!
I've applied to Warwick for Biomedical Science too :biggrin:

ooh I got an offer for Biomed toooo, today :biggrin: have they contacted you at all? Mine's just on Track so hoping to hear conditions soon...
Reply 348

congratulations!!!!!
Reply 349
Original post by mpc1
No, not an eco applicant!

Congratulations again! Is this your first offer this year after sending it out on Oct 4th ? What are the other uni's you have applied for? What is your top choice?

Goodluck with all your choices.

Yeah it's the first. I'm waiting on LSE and Oxford now. If I get more offers I really don't know which I'd pick yet. They're all so good in different ways. Probably Oxford though, because I like the course the most (History & Econ).
Which unis did you apply to? You're applying pre-qualifications i assume?

What A-Levels are you taking and what are your grades?
Is it only international students who have had offers for Economics ?

I really want to know. it's been 22 days & not a single offer or rejection :L
Reply 352
Original post by strawberryjellybaby

Username: Femto
GCSE: 4A* 4A 1.5B
AS: Maths (A), Further Maths (A), Physics (A), Chemistry (A) and Music (A)
A2: Maths, Further Maths and Physics
Course: MMath

Add me :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
hey guys, got offer from Warwick for economics too, international student. Also got one from bristol
Reply 354
Original post by jonny_uganda
hey guys, got offer from Warwick for economics too, international student. Also got one from bristol

Congrats! Standard questions : When did you apply, grades? :biggrin:
Reply 355

i got an offer from bristol for economics too, but nothing from warwick yet. what subjects did you take/grades and when did you get ur offer?

Well done, are you from Uganda, if so, that's soo cool!
When did you apply ?
Reply 357
So been just over 2 weeks ad have heard nothing from warwick for biomedical science :/ so worried now as people from other unis have already got offers and all
Question:
My predictions are going to be A* A* B, both A*s are in history and politics (course I want to study), however grade requirements are AAA, will I be disadvantaged? Will an AAA candidate be favoured more?
Thanks
Original post by chocoholic.
Question:
My predictions are going to be A* A* B, both A*s are in history and politics (course I want to study), however grade requirements are AAA, will I be disadvantaged? Will an AAA candidate be favoured more?
Thanks

Your AS grades may come into play in this case. I'd say you'd probably be slightly disadvantaged to the AAA candidate especially, because some schools are abit shady about A* predictions, so the department may be scepticial whether you're any more likely to get A*A*B than someone who is predicted AAA esp if that person has AAA/AAB at AS. Bear in mind, that even if you do get an offer, it'll be AAA and on results day A*A*B may not cut it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending