The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6260
Original post by spacepirate-James
Hey. Some people like babies.

:perv:

Reply 6261
Original post by Kinkerz
Even more frustrating when you get that exact situation (minus the drug chart check) and then present to the doctor, who then asks the patient precisely the same questions, but this time the patient responds by providing their entire drug history in a clear, concise and chronological torrent of glorious information.

LOL oh my, that is amazing isn't it!
Man I hate preparing for grand rounds.
New hobby: Playing pathology bingo on the bus by peepin' at fellow passengers' hands.
Reply 6264
Original post by Lantana
Me "and I'm just going to bang on your chest now" :facepalm:

Bang on your chest like a drum? :awesome:
Original post by Philosoraptor
Ah. Damn. :p: I have none :frown:. But I think it would be a bit weird to go round asking every A&E department I go to if they've got an audit on?

Also lol @ TSR advertising St Georges University medical school to me (not the one in the UK the one in the caribbean or wherever it is...

I feel a bit scared at the moment in A&E as basically I see the patients and then the reg does a quick check of the history and examination and then discharges :/ :/ :/
I'm sure I'm gonna kill someone, wtf do I know about medicine.

Your not going to kill anyone. Cos essentially, all the reg is doing is what your doing, just in a fraction of the time :wink:
Health and disease in populations with a hangover. Can't wait.
MedSoc still drunk.......should be interesting :tongue:
Decided that a more productive use of my time, instead of going to lectures on alternative medicines, would be perfecting the poached egg.

:teeth:
Original post by a moist feeling
MedSoc still drunk.......should be interesting :tongue:

Much better than not waking up till 1pm :facepalm:

Suppose I better send an apologetic e-mail :erm:
Stupid surgeons and their endless grilling on subjects I know naff all about.
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Much better than not waking up till 1pm :facepalm:

Suppose I better send an apologetic e-mail :erm:

Wow that's better than me missing PBL :tongue: you are a massive fail! Even I made it up but then again my GP is alright and asked if we all had fun tables :colone:
Anyone know if there is any long-term treatment usually undertaken for chronic and idiopathic tachycardia? beta blockers?
(edited 12 years ago)
Not enjoying lab work anymore :frown: keep making daft mistakes. Think I'm going senile :frown:
2nd year is so much harder than 1st year. I imagine this will only get worse as the year goes on :frown: Plus thinking about intercalating= major headache!
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Anyone know if there is any long-term treatment usually undertaken for chronic and idiopathic tachycardia? beta blockers?

For chronic -surely you'd want to know where its originating from to target pharmacological intervention - such as AVN blocking etc.

Not so sure about idiopathic tachycardias though.
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
Not enjoying lab work anymore :frown: keep making daft mistakes. Think I'm going senile :frown:

It's just so slow compared to medicine. You're not alone in daft mistakes though - I broke one of my osteoporotic mice bones today having spent half an hour dissecting the same thing out :frown:
Original post by Becca-Sarah
It's just so slow compared to medicine. You're not alone in daft mistakes though - I broke one of my osteoporotic mice bones today having spent half an hour dissecting the same thing out :frown:

Oh no :frown: but that's understandable as it was osteoporotic, one of my mistakes was forgetting to dilute the staining solution for staining DNA in lymphocytes. Meant to dilute 2.5μ/ml but used it undiluted = LOTS of background staining. Thank heavens the PhD student that prepared the lymphocytes for me made a spare set but also that only happened on the one patient sample so definitely more careful in following protocols now. I honestly wasn't this stupid back in medicine and when cannulating patients! Whats your project on though? That sounds pretty interesting!

Hows your supervision? Do you get watched every time you do a new procedure or do you get taught it once and then are left to do it?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
Oh no :frown: but that's understandable as it was osteoporotic, one of my mistakes was forgetting to dilute the staining solution for staining DNA in lymphocytes. Meant to dilute 2.5μ/ml but used it undiluted = LOTS of background staining. Thank heavens the PhD student that prepared the lymphocytes for me made a spare set but also that only happened on the one patient sample so definitely more careful in following protocols now. I honestly wasn't this stupid back in medicine and when cannulating patients! Whats your project on though? That sounds pretty interesting!

Hows your supervision? Do you get watched every time you do a new procedure or do you get taught it once and then are left to do it?

I'm not really in a proper lab as such cos my project is engineering and imaging based, but I was shown how to dissect and then told I could come in any time and do it. Went in tonight unsupervised to do some embedding prep, only to find that the guy supervising me (PhD student) was already there. Once I get onto the imaging stuff, I get training on one kind of microscopy, but have to hand over my samples to someone else for the big fancy stuff. My project's on a mouse model of steroid osteoporosis, using electron microscopy to look at the bone microstructure. What are you doing?
Reply 6279
Original post by Becca-Sarah
I'm not really in a proper lab as such cos my project is engineering and imaging based, but I was shown how to dissect and then told I could come in any time and do it. Went in tonight unsupervised to do some embedding prep, only to find that the guy supervising me (PhD student) was already there. Once I get onto the imaging stuff, I get training on one kind of microscopy, but have to hand over my samples to someone else for the big fancy stuff. My project's on a mouse model of steroid osteoporosis, using electron microscopy to look at the bone microstructure. What are you doing?

any reason why you code to do engineering?

Latest

Trending

Trending