The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silent ninja
lol

My PC gets slow after a couple of years. My phone? A few months.
I guess it's the trade off of not having a closed system.

Both are pretty bad in my world, but that comes from me installing loads of **** on either...

Typical Android lol

I don't know why this OS so is buggy and I'm hoping ICS sorts this out. I've had several Android devices and several things are sure: they slow over time, they get buggy and usually to resolve these issues I've had to reinstall/install a ROM. That's not ideal. I've said it since I started using Android on my HTC Magic (the second Android handset to be released): Android feels beta and Google need to get their fingers out. Cut back on functions if you have to but just make sure what's released works properly! (yes it still happens, look at the poster above who says their gallery keeps freezing on the SGSII).

I was almost certain that it was something I've done... but I have no idea what. However, I think you're right. I'll be updating the ROM today or tomorrow in the hope that this won't happen again :emo:

I can't tell if my computer has slowed down since I installed 7... just about 2 years ago. Maybe I should defrag tonight :ahee:
Reply 6222
Original post by nosaer
How good is your camera tho?

I don't see much use in getting (paid) photo apps when you dont have the megapixels to do them justice?

i have the xperia arc so its 8MP, with the special sensor, personally i thought vignette was worth it
Why isn't the UK getting the Kindle Fire?
Reply 6224
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
Why isn't the UK getting the Kindle Fire?

Probably because Amazon haven't really progressed far enough with their content platform yet.
Previously had a San Francisco and just upgraded to a SE Arc S, not the best android phone out there at the minute but I got it pretty cheap on a 12 month contract. Has a decent enough processor and a real good camera so should last me a while... PLUS it looks fit.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6226
This is a sexy sexy phone

Even if it doesn't run Android.
Original post by estel
This is a sexy sexy phone

Even if it doesn't run Android.

I don't like the form factor personally. :dontknow: It looks too thin.
Typical Android lol

I don't know why this OS so is buggy and I'm hoping ICS sorts this out. I've had several Android devices and several things are sure: they slow over time, they get buggy and usually to resolve these issues I've had to reinstall/install a ROM. That's not ideal. I've said it since I started using Android on my HTC Magic (the second Android handset to be released): Android feels beta and Google need to get their fingers out. Cut back on functions if you have to but just make sure what's released works properly! (yes it still happens, look at the poster above who says their gallery keeps freezing on the SGSII).

Besides ICS, I'm actually looking forward to the Nokia 800 Sea Ray. The design looks awesome anyway and it'll probably have a sub 4" screen (which suits me perfect over these massive screens recently).

This has put me right off. I want to be able to root it because I want to, not because I have to
Original post by itsmyname
This has put me right off. I want to be able to root it because I want to, not because I have to

I'm exaggerating a little, you know for effect lol

But it's no secret, Android is not polished like iOS. It just isn't. In my universe that's a fact, but then iOS doesn't have the functionality of Android. So it all boils down to a compromise. You get more with Android but it's not as smooth, you get less on iOS but it's all put together and integrated quite well. Android being generally open is developing at a faster rate than iOS, so that's another plus too. You just have to decide what's best for your needs. They aren't different versions of the same product but do things in different ways.
(edited 12 years ago)
After plenty of reflashing, restoring and rebooting today, I have deduced that my problems were caused by my SD card :facepalm2:
Original post by + polarity -
After plenty of reflashing, restoring and rebooting today, I have deduced that my problems were caused by my SD card :facepalm2:

Ah never! Still, at least it's a fixable problem.
Original post by mikeyd85

Original post by mikeyd85
Ah never! Still, at least it's a fixable problem.

I ordered a Class 10 card last night, so I'll wait for that before I reinstall the rest of the apps that used to be on the SD card. I couldn't do anything with my current SD:ext partition in recovery. :dontknow: I'm sure a format and repartition would have sorted it out, but I was running out of space anyway :tong:

:frown: i want it earlier
Original post by FinalMH

Original post by FinalMH
:frown: i want it earlier

Christmas Day release? we can dream can't we?
Original post by wizard710
Christmas Day release? we can dream can't we?

pfft you mean November? i don't think i can wait for official release probable use the custom rom
Reply 6237
Original post by FinalMH
pfft you mean November? i don't think i can wait for official release probable use the custom rom

I think it's just about on the optimistic side that the ICS source will be opened in November, and even more optimistic that the CM guys will have worked their magic in that time.
Original post by estel
I think it's just about on the optimistic side that the ICS source will be opened in November, and even more optimistic that the CM guys will have worked their magic in that time.

:frown: i can dream can't i ?
The last time I checked, it would take Cyanogen until late Feb/March to have a fully stable version of ICS if it was released the same day as the Galaxy Nexus was released.

Latest

Trending

Trending