The Student Room Group

Wishful thinking? Need advice

Yeah, so there's this girl I realy like, etc. Met her at an open day, though I also met a guy at the same time and she seemed to like both of us so I wan't sure how interested she was. We met up recently and it went ok considering it's the first time I've ever been out with a girl; though she did seem to like me. Anyway, we texted each other a bit and I asked if she wanted to go out again some time, to which she replied yes, but suggested that the three of us meet up (us and the other guy).

Is this just a nice way of letting me know she likes me as a friend but isn't interested in anything more? I think that's the most probably explanation, but on the other hand, considering how we interacted, I probably have better evidence that she likes me than she has that I like her. That's not for want of trying; I'm just naturaly a very reserved, taciturn person, so I'm wondering if it's possible she does like but doesn't think I like her, or even if she was trying to gauge my reaction. I thought that if this is the case, the best thing to do would be to meet up with them both and try to show her how I feel so that if she isn't interested I'll at least know I didn't miss out anything due to a lack of confidence.

Or am I just hopelessly deluded? And if I'm not, how do you make it clear you really like someone without seeming creepy or forward?

Thanks to anyone who can help with this.
Reply 1
Did you suggest anywhere to go, or did you leave that open? Go with the other guy this time, but next time start with something like 'I was wondering if the two of us '. Either that or go down the route that can only lead to the friendzone..or a Devil's Threesome
Reply 2
Original post by ForKicks
Did you suggest anywhere to go, or did you leave that open? Go with the other guy this time, but next time start with something like 'I was wondering if the two of us '. Either that or go down the route that can only lead to the friendzone..or a Devil's Threesome

Yeah, left it open; maybe that was a bad idea. You don't think it's totally hopeless then?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, left it open; maybe that was a bad idea. You don't think it's totally hopeless then?

Not hopeless yet. If she says no to the 2 of you doing something together (without a reasonable excuse) then it is hopeless!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending