The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8420
got an offer for my 5th option today! - biomed at queen mary's :biggrin:

But I'm still waiting on interview/no interview from all 4 of my medicine unis (of course not expecting anything from ucl or imperial untill 22 Nov)
Reply 8421
Original post by Alex J
got an offer for my 5th option today! - biomed at queen mary's :biggrin:

But I'm still waiting on interview/no interview from all 4 of my medicine unis (of course not expecting anything from ucl or imperial untill 22 Nov)

ahaha well done!! at least this will get you into the interview spirit!!
Reply 8422
Original post by abdkam
ahaha well done!! at least this will get you into the interview spirit!!

Hey. :smile:
Not sure if u remember me, from the UKCAT thread! :biggrin: Where did u end up applying?
Reply 8423
Original post by apple17
Hey. :smile:
Not sure if u remember me, from the UKCAT thread! :biggrin: Where did u end up applying?

hey ofcourse i remember you!!
how are you?!!?!

Umm i decided:
Kings College London
Imperial College London
Barts and the London
St Georges

What about you!?? and now im stress high about BMAT LOL!
Reply 8424
Original post by laurie:)
:frown:

Are you ok ?
Reply 8425
Aww that's not fair - i wouldnt consider them as friends then!
but i hope you do get that kings interview coz u deserve it!!
(edited 12 years ago)
i decided to delete my comments because this thread doesnt need my negativity/moans :smile:
Haven't had notifies from BSMS or Soton, should I be worried yet?

Saw on Twitter that someone's already had a rejection from Soton? That's gotta be a mistake right?

X
That's harsh. I know just how you feel. Coming from a school with a 33% pass rate to a grammar sixth form, I've always felt like I wasn't good enough, and most of the people applying to medicine did everything to make sure I continued to feel like that :/ most of them want to do medicine because they're scared of doing anything else. But look at it this way, be proud of yourself. Everyone who eventually applied should be proud! Whether or not we get an offer, we made it. Most people at the beginning of the year have all given up, or they didn't get the grades, or they lost interest, or they didn't work hard enough. But your determination and other stuff means you've actually applied, and that's an achievement. And knowing a lot about the application process means you've drastically increased your chances of getting an interview or even an offer, because you're wiser. You'll make less mistakes. This is what I tell myself when I feel that way. And looking at your sig you've got a pretty strong application. And hey, not feeling good enough has some positives - it means you'll always strive to achieve better. Think of it that way, and whenever you feel like crap, that's the great thing about TSR, because we're always here to help :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
[QUOTE="SylveeDiggs;34663346"]That's harsh. I know just how you feel. Coming from a school with a 33% pass rate to a grammar sixth form, I've always felt like I wasn't good enough, and most of the people applying to medicine did everything to make sure I continued to feel like that :/ most of them want to do medicine because they're scared of doing anything else. But look at it this way, be proud of yourself. Everyone who eventually applied should be proud! Whether or not we get an offer, we made it. Most people at the beginning of the year have all given up, or they didn't get the grades, or they lost interest, or they didn't work hard enough. But your determination and other stuff means you've actually[\i] applied, and that's an achievement. And knowing a lot about the application process means you've drastically increased your chances of getting an interview or even an offer, because you're wiser. You'll make less mistakes. This is what I tell myself when I feel that way. And looking at your sig you've got a pretty strong application. And hey, not feeling good enough has some positives - it means you'll always strive to achieve better. Think of it that way, and whenever you feel like crap, that's the great thing about TSR, because were always here to help :smile:

:smile: that was amazingly motivational! thank you :biggrin:
i decided to delete my comments because this thread doesnt need my negativity/moans :smile:

But then how will you win TSR Medicine awards 'biggest worrier' 2012? :dontknow:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
But then how will you win TSR Medicine awards 'biggest worrier' 2012? :dontknow:

ahh well it was less of a worry and more of a moan about some people at my school so :tongue:
[QUOTE="SylveeDiggs;34663346"]That's harsh. I know just how you feel. Coming from a school with a 33% pass rate to a grammar sixth form, I've always felt like I wasn't good enough, and most of the people applying to medicine did everything to make sure I continued to feel like that :/ most of them want to do medicine because they're scared of doing anything else. But look at it this way, be proud of yourself. Everyone who eventually applied should be proud! Whether or not we get an offer, we made it. Most people at the beginning of the year have all given up, or they didn't get the grades, or they lost interest, or they didn't work hard enough. But your determination and other stuff means you've actually[\i] applied, and that's an achievement. And knowing a lot about the application process means you've drastically increased your chances of getting an interview or even an offer, because you're wiser. You'll make less mistakes. This is what I tell myself when I feel that way. And looking at your sig you've got a pretty strong application. And hey, not feeling good enough has some positives - it means you'll always strive to achieve better. Think of it that way, and whenever you feel like crap, that's the great thing about TSR, because were always here to help :smile:

One of the consultants on my work experience was wishing me good luck with my application, and he said "getting in is the hardest bit of medicine"! :smile:
Reply 8433
No one wants to win that 'award'.
ahh well it was less of a worry and more of a moan about some people at my school so :tongue:

Best not to do that in case they know who you are on here, read it, and cause trouble...

Original post by Oggz
No one wants to win that 'award'.

You're only saying that because you came 2nd :tongue:

Also it's odd to see you with an avatar :lol:
Best not to do that in case they know who you are on here, read it, and cause trouble...

one of the reasons why i deleted it :tongue:

but i've told them i dont like it, so its not like theyre finding out something new.
:smile: that was amazingly motivational! thank you :biggrin:

You're welcome :biggrin::tongue:

Original post by feverdream
One of the consultants on my work experience was wishing me good luck with my application, and he said "getting in is the hardest bit of medicine"! :smile:

People often say that lol, guess there's only one way to find out lol :rolleyes:

but i've told them i dont like it, so its not like theyre finding out something new.

FWIW I've just viewed it (mod powers, don't worry.. only mods/supermods can see it) and they sound like douchebags atm, if you want to rant privately I'll lend an ear, but don't let them bother you and for the other thing you're a TSR medic applicant.. you'll be more prepared and I have faith that you should do well :yep:

Now I've tried not to talk too specifically about anything, but so that you realise what I'm on about but if you want any of this post removing let me know and I won't mind :nah:

I've been there :redface:
FWIW I've just viewed it (mod powers, don't worry.. only mods/supermods can see it) and they sound like douchebags atm, if you want to rant privately I'll lend an ear, but don't let them bother you and for the other thing you're a TSR medic applicant.. you'll be more prepared and I have faith that you should do well :yep:

That, and the fact abdkam quoted the post at 17.42

You may want to edit that post

Now I've tried not to talk too specifically about anything, but so that you realise what I'm on about but if you want any of this post removing let me know and I won't mind :nah:

I've been there :redface:

Yeah laurie if you want me to delete my post because it has your quote in it so people won't see then i'm okay with that :redface: or I could just remove what you said and make it a ": )" instead or something similar

Latest

Trending

Trending