The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
FWIW I've just viewed it (mod powers, don't worry.. only mods/supermods can see it) and they sound like douchebags atm, if you want to rant privately I'll lend an ear, but don't let them bother you and for the other thing you're a TSR medic applicant.. you'll be more prepared and I have faith that you should do well :yep:

Now I've tried not to talk too specifically about anything, but so that you realise what I'm on about but if you want any of this post removing let me know and I won't mind :nah:

I've been there :redface:

thanks, but i dont think they'll start anything even if they read it :smile: theyre usually pretty nice people, hence why theyre my friends, i guess its just the stress of medicine applications?
Original post by SylveeDiggs
Yeah laurie if you want me to delete my post because it has your quote in it so people won't see then i'm okay with that :redface: or I could just remove what you said and make it a ": )" instead or something similar

nahh its fine :smile:
Original post by Normandy114
That, and the fact abdkam quoted the post at 17.42

You may want to edit that post

Done :yy:

Also :facepalm: for me not noticing,..
Original post by SylveeDiggs
Yeah laurie if you want me to delete my post because it has your quote in it so people won't see then i'm okay with that :redface: or I could just remove what you said and make it a ": )" instead or something similar

Already removed it :ninja:

Original post by laurie:)
thanks, but i dont think they'll start anything even if they read it :smile: theyre usually pretty nice people, hence why theyre my friends, i guess its just the stress of medicine applications?

Yeah stress can do weird things..

Hopefully they'll return to being good friends again soon :crossedf:
Reply 8443
I just came on, and now I'm curious as to what's going on?
Reply 8444
Hi, i was just wondering if i did only 3 subjects at AS but then carried all 3 on to A2 and got predicted grades AAA for A2 in physics, chemistry , and biology would that ruin my chances of getting an offer bacause i have not done i 4th subject to AS??
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
But then how will you win TSR Medicine awards 'biggest worrier' 2012? :dontknow:

I think nearly everyone applying to medicine would consider themselves a candidate for that award at some points during the application process until now or will in the future. If you don't think so you're lying! :wink:
Original post by bad8oy
Hi, i was just wondering if i did only 3 subjects at AS but then carried all 3 on to A2 and got predicted grades AAA for A2 in physics, chemistry , and biology would that ruin my chances of getting an offer bacause i have not done i 4th subject to AS??

It entirely depends on where you've applied. If you've applied to med schools that don't mention a specific AS requirement or the need to have taken at least 4 i don't think it would matter ( don't take this as any type of definite answer!). As many people would recommend, its best to talk to the admissions office of the places you've applied for, find out and hope for the best!
Reply 8447
Original post by bad8oy

Some universities don't mind others do. Some require you to have a 4th AS others don't.
Reply 8448
Original post by bad8oy

I believe it would harm your application because a lot of med schools ask for a extra AS at grade B (barts and leicester) and peninsula want an extra AS at C or above however I believe manchester do not care (I believe fell free to correct me on this) , I don't know about every med school as I only quoted from the med schools I'm applying to, but is there any reason why you cannot do an extra AS, because it will allow you to apply to more med schools and doing an 4th AS allows you to do a subject for fun or completely away from science that you are interested in
Reply 8449
Original post by Solarity
It entirely depends on where you've applied. If you've applied to med schools that don't mention a specific AS requirement or the need to have taken at least 4 i don't think it would matter ( don't take this as any type of definite answer!). As many people would recommend, its best to talk to the admissions office of the places you've applied for, find out and hope for the best!

thanx its just im doing economics and im not really liking it...i will stick with it to AS bit i would rather not end up with a bad grade. thank you for advice thou :smile:
Reply 8450
Original post by rohitbd
I believe it would harm your application because a lot of med schools ask for a extra AS at grade B (barts and leicester) and peninsula want an extra AS at C or above however I believe manchester do not care (I believe fell free to correct me on this) , I don't know about every med school as I only quoted from the med schools I'm applying to, but is there any reason why you cannot do an extra AS, because it will allow you to apply to more med schools and doing an 4th AS allows you to do a subject for fun or completely away from science that you are interested in

ye i was thinking to apply to manchester as my first choice anyhow and the requirements did not state that you need a 4th AS, but i would not want to limit the number of universties i can apply for.
im doing economics at the moment, im just not finding it as interesting as i thought it would be. If this is the case id be happy to stick with it thou :smile: thanks
Original post by bad8oy
thanx its just im doing economics and im not really liking it...i will stick with it to AS bit i would rather not end up with a bad grade. thank you for advice thou :smile:

No worries having re-read your question i answered assuming that you had already applied (silly me):redface: hopefully my answer is still relevant and it's better as you actually have the opportunity to make that decision and apply accordingly.

N.B. Most universities will want to see that you have undertaken and completed a 4th AS level as it shows them you are more capable of dealing with a larger workload, despite other reasons as to why you may have not completed it. The majority of applicants for medicine will have completed a 4th AS level so unless you apply all to places which don't care at all about a 4th AS level you may be selling yourself short at some places.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8452
Original post by bad8oy
ye i was thinking to apply to manchester as my first choice anyhow and the requirements did not state that you need a 4th AS, but i would not want to limit the number of universties i can apply for.
im doing economics at the moment, im just not finding it as interesting as i thought it would be. If this is the case id be happy to stick with it thou :smile: thanks

Yeah just stick with it really, I had a substitute teacher all through physics last year that just read out of the book:angry: and I really wanted to drop it but in the end it was worth it as 3 out of my 4 uni's wanted a 4th AS, and if the UKCAT doesn't go well and its not high enough for you to apply to manchester at least you would have other schools to apply to, not saying you won't get a good enough UKCAT score :tongue:
Reply 8453
Original post by Solarity
No worries having re-read your question i answered assuming that you had already applied (silly me):redface: hopefully my answer is still relevant and it's better as you actually have the opportunity to make that decision and apply accordingly.

ye thanx answer was still relevent :smile:
Reply 8454
Original post by rohitbd
Yeah just stick with it really, I had a substitute teacher all through physics last year that just read out of the book:angry: and I really wanted to drop it but in the end it was worth it as 3 out of my 4 uni's wanted a 4th AS, and if the UKCAT doesn't go well and its not high enough for you to apply to manchester at least you would have other schools to apply to, not saying you won't get a good enough UKCAT score :tongue:

thanx. i think i will just stick with it in that case...its probably not worth risking, ill just have to work extra hard :P
Original post by Besakt
I just came on, and now I'm curious as to what's going on?

basically, i had a bit of a moan about some friends of mine, then realised that i was 1) pulling the mood of the thread down, and 2) at risk of being discovered by said friends who could start something about i, and i deleted it.

but by that time people had replied (not that im complaining about people who replied, they were really lovely :smile: ) and my comment was in the quotes.

so the lovely penguinsaysquack came along and edited the posts so they werent there anymore :smile:

so, you didnt miss much really :tongue:
Reply 8456
basically, i had a bit of a moan about some friends of mine, then realised that i was 1) pulling the mood of the thread down, and 2) at risk of being discovered by said friends who could start something about i, and i deleted it.

but by that time people had replied (not that im complaining about people who replied, they were really lovely :smile: ) and my comment was in the quotes.

so the lovely penguinsaysquack came along and edited the posts so they werent there anymore :smile:

Oooooh!
Reply 8457

Glad yr ok,I go to work and miss everything.
Reply 8458
Track will be down tomorrow.

"Essential maintenance will be taking place on Saturday 29 October 2011
Track and the login reminder service will be unavailable whilst this maintenance takes place. Thank you for your cooperation with this important work."
Reply 8459
Original post by Besakt
Track will be down tomorrow.

"Essential maintenance will be taking place on Saturday 29 October 2011
Track and the login reminder service will be unavailable whilst this maintenance takes place. Thank you for your cooperation with this important work."

this makes me so very angry, damn you UCAS! now i'm gonna have to get a life or something :afraid:

Latest

Trending

Trending