The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anil10100
Yeah, mines on the 23rd, it said in the email there would be around 40 people there? Yours is on the 18th right?

Mine's the 23rd too! :biggrin:

Original post by mpc1
Congratulations!!!!

You get the email from the uni but not from UCAS?

When will you know the conditions? What does the email say?

Yeah. It says that I should've received more detail from UCAS and on track, and that if i haven't I should get an email/update from UCAS 'shortly'.
Original post by like_a_star
Congrats!!!! G107? whats that?

i so badly want an offer :frown:

It's the UCAS Course code, just in case anyone was wondering (since people seemed to ask me for Warwick) :smile: Just means it's the 4 years masters course with no year abroad etc.
Reply 2362
Original post by hassi94
Mine's the 23rd too! :biggrin:

Yeah. It says that I should've received more detail from UCAS and on track, and that if i haven't I should get an email/update from UCAS 'shortly'.

At what time did you get this email?

shortly means hours or days or weeks?

Now that you have the offer, what does your track status indicate currently?

Is it a recommendation offer or the final offer? What is the difference as such? Is it from the admissions department?
Original post by jilebinator
i got my offer for g100 maths at warwick at 5:30.
and sent in my application on the 10-Oct-11

k thanks...same I applied for g100 on the 11th :redface:
Original post by new123
One of my friends had the same email but still no track update for more than 2 weeks.

When exactly did you get the email from the admission department and what were the contents? And when did you get to know the conditions?

When did your track get updated after your recommendation email? Can you please indicate the approximate dates?

By the way, when was your UCAS submitted?

Thanks

hmm.........about 10-14 days after the letter from UCL maths department, i receive an email notification from UCAS track. then the letter from UCL admission department is in the UCAS track itself.

i submitted it........b4 the cambridge oversea deadline which i had forgotten...probably 5 weeks ago.
Some guy in australia with the same name as me has signed my email account up to loads of dating sites and so I am constantly getting emails, checking it like a maniac in case it's an offer and then reading something like: "have you met Emma from Perth?"
:angry:
Original post by ben-smith
Some guy in australia with the same name as me has signed my email account up to loads of dating sites and so I am constantly getting emails, checking it like a maniac in case it's an offer and then reading something like: "have you met Emma from Perth?"
:angry:

When I tried to sign up for a website two days ago (one that I had never been on before) I tried to use my e-mail to sign in and it said "That e-mail has been taken by another user. Please try a different one.":s-smilie:
Original post by TheMagicMan
When I tried to sign up for a website two days ago (one that I had never been on before) I tried to use my e-mail to sign in and it said "That e-mail has been taken by another user. Please try a different one.":s-smilie:

I don't know whether I've asked you before but what college are you applying to?
*crosses fingers*
Reply 2368
You must be one of those optimistic people.

No I am panicking like hell, I'm just optimistic when reassuring people.
I don't know whether I've asked you before but what college are you applying to?
*crosses fingers*

At cambridge? St. Johns..

OK, cool.
OK, cool.

What you thought I was your competition :tongue:

EDIT: Although I guess in an indirect pool-wise way I still am...
Original post by deejayy
No I am panicking like hell, I'm just optimistic when reassuring people.

haha, this is me. :L
What you thought I was your competition :tongue:

yes but it's all good now, I doubt I'll get pooled to Johns.
(tbf, at this rate, it's unlikely I'll get any offers or interviews:frown: )
yes but it's all good now, I doubt I'll get pooled to Johns.
(tbf, at this rate, it's unlikely I'll get any offers or interviews:frown: )

I might get pooled to Christ's you never know... or we might both get pooled...

Never give up hope: I haven't heard anything either :angry:
Reply 2375

Good choice, that is the best looking college .
Original post by deejayy
Good choice, that is the best looking college .

It was pretty much perfect for me: the only college that checked all my boxes.

EDIT: Why Queen's out of interest?
Reply 2377
It was pretty much perfect for me: the only college that checked all my boxes.

EDIT: Why Queen's out of interest?

Its really out of the way, but still in the centre of Cambridge. You live in college all 3 years and its a medium ish sized college. Plus it isn't especially competitive for maths. Also it is quite close to the first year lectures for maths haha. Plus it's quite pretty.
Original post by deejayy
Its really out of the way, but still in the centre of Cambridge. You live in college all 3 years and its a medium ish sized college. Plus it isn't especially competitive for maths. Also it is quite close to the first year lectures for maths haha. Plus it's quite pretty.

Where are the first year lectures for maths??

Latest