The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brand New Eyes
can be* but ALL chocolate is shop bought. I mean/.... who makes their own chocolate!

Also as students I think it's cheaper to bake (y) :lol: I hope Merton has a fairy too!

:angry:

You're applying to Merton? You'll likely meet Sven during interviews then XD
I hope Merton has a fairy too!

I hope Keble has an Apple Fairy. As in Apple products, i could do with a MacBook :cool:
I don't get it, what's the difference between a college and a permanent private hall? Is it just that the PPHs are smaller?:hmmmm2:
Oh and I see St Regent's Park has a chapel. Does anyone know if it is obligatory to attend the services on Fridays? I know that some colleges are cool with it and others are more strict..
Original post by manic_fuzz
I hope Keble has an Apple Fairy. As in Apple products, i could do with a MacBook :cool:

I'm getting a new Macbook Pro before uni! Student discount :colonhash:

Get yourself a sugarmummy? :lol: They expensive *typing this on my Macbook* :biggrin:

Original post by punctuation
:angry:

You're applying to Merton? You'll likely meet Sven during interviews then XD

We're been through this before! KEEP UP JULIE! :lol:

and ERM maybe, PPE is annoying and they are the earliest interviews. I checked and if I do get interviewed I'll only meet medh because all of you other subjects are in the week after! :frown: Apart from medicine which can be anytime during the two weeks!

But yes, there may be a chance that I bump into Sven on my last day/his first hours at Mertz

I'm jealous of how much you save on the currency/tax in Canada!
Original post by Snapescape
I don't get it, what's the difference between a college and a permanent private hall? Is it just that the PPHs are smaller?:hmmmm2:
Oh and I see St Regent's Park has a chapel. Does anyone know if it is obligatory to attend the services on Fridays? I know that some colleges are cool with it and others are more strict..

No-one is going to force you to go to Church. Whyever would you think such a thing! In fact most of the student body are non-religious and even at PPHs you are not in any way expected to participate in religious activities. It is simply there for those whom wish to do so.

PPHs are generally smaller, friendly, different atmostphere, narrow subject range, religion accommodating and have less clubs & societies & traditions etc.

We're been through this before! KEEP UP JULIE! :lol:

and ERM maybe, PPE is annoying and they are the earliest interviews. I checked and if I do get interviewed I'll only meet medh because all of you other subjects are in the week after! :frown: Apart from medicine which can be anytime during the two weeks!

But yes, there may be a chance that I bump into Sven on my last day/his first hours at Mertz

I'm jealous of how much you save on the currency/tax in Canada!

D: sorry! Yeah I won't meet the languages or PPE people. :frown:

We don't save that much... our tax is ~13% except it's not included in the initial figure (-_-). the US has no tax though :angry:
I'm getting a new Macbook Pro before uni! Student discount :colonhash:

Get yourself a sugarmummy? :lol: They expensive *typing this on my Macbook* :biggrin:

Damn you both, and your MacBookness!!! :devil:

And yes, i think i'm going to have to :tongue:
x

When are med interviews?
Who's having interviews from 11th to 14th???????
Original post by Greatleysteg
Hey - are you sure that there wasn't a hyperlink to follow? Just that all the Colleges are checking that their applicants have provided correct email addresses (so that they can provide news, updates etc) and Wadham sent mine the other day, in which there was a hyperlink to a page on their site that had a form to fill in with the email address.
There wasn't in the St John's email... I think that's Wadham being clever :biggrin:
When are med interviews?

Either 11th-12th, or 12th-13th according to the website :s-smilie:

C ya:beer:
D: sorry! Yeah I won't meet the languages or PPE people. :frown:

We don't save that much... our tax is ~13% except it's not included in the initial figure (-_-). the US has no tax though :angry:

*shakes head* Each US state has sales tax which varies, I was in LA at Easter and it was 9.75% :lolwut: It was rather a shock seeing as we bought a Macbook there so it was $100 extra dollars!!! Thankfully I persuaded the sales assistant I was an American Student and got the discount :wink: Which still put it at $12 over the retail price but at least I saved! In NY its like 4% and in like 4 states: Alaska Delaware (some others I can't remember) it's 0 :frown:.

p.s. just to let you know, it is ow 20% in the UK due to the recession and the bailout etc.

at least it makes for easy counting right, and VAT is always included in everything so no nasty surprises.

RESTAURANTS ON THE OTHER HAND! grrr damn them for adding a non-compulsory service charge! AND for parties of x or more!

Woo, Keble applicants :biggrin:
i so wish that this was the case.
Reply 9935
How do you know they didn't make the chocolate themselves with love? Growing cacao beans and the like...

:tongue: Cookies are shop bought as well!

ETA: just debating whether it would be odd for me to bring TSA practise to volunteering tonight... it's that, philosophy books, or a novel... :beard:

YOu have to love TSA! What course are you applying for?
:frown: p.s.

WHY IS OUR THREAD NOW ABOUT OXFORD?

and not some random related topic? :lol:
Original post by Devil_in_disguise
Who's having interviews from 11th to 14th???????

YAY! Me too! If we all get interviews, we should definitely meet up.

Naré, what subject are you applying for? I've forgotten :colondollar:

*shakes head* Each US state has sales tax which varies, I was in LA at Easter and it was 9.75% :lolwut: It was rather a shock seeing as we bought a Macbook there so it was $100 extra dollars!!! Thankfully I persuaded the sales assistant I was an American Student and got the discount :wink: Which still put it at $12 over the retail price but at least I saved! In NY its like 4% and in like 4 states: Alaska Delaware (some others I can't remember) it's 0 :frown:.

p.s. just to let you know, it is ow 20% in the UK due to the recession and the bailout etc.

at least it makes for easy counting right, and VAT is always included in everything so no nasty surprises.

RESTAURANTS ON THE OTHER HAND! grrr damn them for adding a non-compulsory service charge! AND for parties of x or more!

Canadian is less than UK's I'll acknowledge but it's so damn difficult to calculate 13% of prices when shopping... :frown: though british prices include the VAT, at least there are no surprises like you said...
Original post by Devil_in_disguise
C ya:beer:

There's a high chance i won't even get an interview though! If not, i might just take a day trip to Oxford and pretend that i have :wink: Mwhahah

Original post by silverspoonmess
Woo, Keble applicants :biggrin:
i so wish that this was the case.

:biggrin: I'm going to make it the case! They'll be home-made Macbooks which i'll be handing out :mmm:
YAY! Me too! If we all get interviews, we should definitely meet up.

Naré, what subject are you applying for? I've forgotten :colondollar:

Yeeep:smile: Maths and CS.

Latest

Trending

Trending