The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brand New Eyes
Well in any respects they're both good universities, Bath is just ranked slightly higher but in terms of employers they don't really care whether it was 7th or 12th as long as its not say 99th out of 102. :lol: I don't understand why living/working in Paris/France is "unfortunate". I'd love to be in your position.

That's just because I'm from the south of France and I learned to dislike Paris because of the football... Might sounds stupid but it actually worked :tongue: Regarding my international project I think it would be better for me to study in England.
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Anyone got news/acknowledgements from LSE or do they not give those out?

Got mine about a week after sending off the application.
Reply 4442
Akash, you said that Bath gives offers in the order they receive the applications. Where did you get this information from ?

Thnx
Reply 4443
Original post by MWM
Akash, you said that Bath gives offers in the order they receive the applications. Where did you get this information from ?

Thnx

I go to a school with a lot of bath applicants for economics (5). All of us received our offers in order of UCAS date sent!

Though this has been the pattern for L100, not sure about what the case is for Econ&Politics, or Econ and Int Dev.
I've applied to Cardiff, Leeds & Oxford [History & Econ]
and Warwick [Econ, Politics & international Studies]

All acknowledged bar Leeds, no decisions made yet :/
Original post by roseroserose.
I've applied to Cardiff, Leeds & Oxford [History & Econ]
and Warwick [Econ, Politics & international Studies]

All acknowledged bar Leeds, no decisions made yet :/

Wow how did manage to make a Personal Statement that accomodates for all :eek3:
Original post by -Illmatic-

I was going to say the same thing!

Where are you applying Illmatic?

Haha I didn't, it's half history & half economics. I hoped that Warwick would just think the history part is international study related :biggrin: I applied to Bristol as well to do straight history, but I think they'll reject me because my PS won't show commitment to the course unfortunately. I'm dying for a decision, over 2 weeks and no acceptance/rejection :|
Haha I didn't, it's half history & half economics. I hoped that Warwick would just think the history part is international study related :biggrin: I applied to Bristol as well to do straight history, but I think they'll reject me because my PS won't show commitment to the course unfortunately. I'm dying for a decision, over 2 weeks and no acceptance/rejection :|

Ah fair enough :yep: Warwick had this really interesting course: Economics and Economic History, and I was really looking forward to applying for that course...until it got scrapped :emo:
Original post by 94george94

Where are you applying Illmatic?

LSE- Econ/Econ History
Notts- Econ with German
Bristol- Econ with study in Germany
Southampton and Warwick- straight Econ

What about you?
Ah fair enough :yep: Warwick had this really interesting course: Economics and Economic History, and I was really looking forward to applying for that course...until it got scrapped :emo:

THAT WAS WHAT I WANTED TO DO :frown: it was my first choice as well, because seriously can't be bothered with oxford at all now.

I've never killed myself so much as when I was applying on UCAS and couldn't find it anywhere. It was in the joaifjewofjwfj prospectus! :frown:
LSE- Econ/Econ History
Notts- Econ with German
Bristol- Econ with study in Germany
Southampton and Warwick- straight Econ

What about you?

UCL
Warwick
Nottingham
Exeter
York

Straight econ for all of them. I thought you were thinking about Oxford?
THAT WAS WHAT I WANTED TO DO :frown: it was my first choice as well, because seriously can't be bothered with oxford at all now.

I've never killed myself so much as when I was applying on UCAS and couldn't find it anywhere. It was in the joaifjewofjwfj prospectus! :frown:

EXACTLY! Why write it in the prospectus if it..doesnt actually exist :emo:

UCL
Warwick
Nottingham
Exeter
York

Straight econ for all of them. I thought you were thinking about Oxford?

Nice choices! I dont think I ever considered Oxford. I did consider Cambridge but I decided to go with Warwick instead :tongue:
EXACTLY! Nice choices! I dont think I ever considered Oxford. I did consider Cambridge but I decided to go with Warwick instead :tongue:

Thanks. Yeah I meant to put Oxbridge silly me. What are your grades like? :confused:
Thanks. Yeah I meant to put Oxbridge silly me. What are your grades like? :confused:

PM :yep:
EXACTLY! Why write it in the prospectus if it..doesnt actually exist :emo:

Such a low. Hopefully (if got an offer/actually got the grades) there's spare modules? So maybe can chuck in a history one or two :smile:
Such a low. Hopefully (if got an offer/actually got the grades) there's spare modules? So maybe can chuck in a history one or two :smile:

Yup you get optional modules! Thats the plan for me as well! :five:
hey anyone know the kind of maths questions Cambridge tend to do when giving out interviews? I mean for general colleges, not downing's maths test. Do they tend to involve a bit of economics? (so elasticity, profit maximisation etc.) or purely mathematical such as plotting graphs or integrating a function?
Reply 4458

In the Warwick thread, they said they scrapped economics and economic history because so many people were opting into it in the straight econ course. So you can still build economic history into a straight course at Warwick by choosing the modules that include it :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Doojam
In the Warwick thread, they said they scarpped economics and economic history because so many people were opting into it in the straight econ course. So you can still build economic history into a straight course at Warwick by choosing the modules that include it :smile:

Ah interesting I never knew that (the opting in bit)

But yeah the optional modules thing sounds good :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending