The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2381
Original post by TheMagicMan
Close enough. BTW my grand-dad was at Queen's

My grand-dad went to Trinity, they might have known each other!
Original post by deejayy
My grand-dad went to Trinity, they might have known each other!

It would be an extraordinary coincidence :biggrin:
Noooooooooooooooooooooo offers as of yetttttttt......
got the acknowledgements from everywhere but no offerssssssss......I know loads of pple have gotten Bath and Warwick G103 but has anyone gotten any offers from Durham, or Bristol btw? Or acknowledgement from Oxford College(s)?
UCL offer :smile:
Original post by Reminisce
UCL offer :smile:

AWESOME DUDE!! :biggrin:

And here go the usual questions..... : when did you apply????

oh and where else you applying?

What conditions?
Original post by actuarialmaestro:p

[QUOTE=actuarialmaestro[excludedFace]tongue[/excludedFace];34666438]Noooooooooooooooooooooo offers as of yetttttttt......
got the acknowledgements from everywhere but no offerssssssss......I know loads of pple have gotten Bath and Warwick G103 but has anyone gotten any offers from Durham, or Bristol btw? Or acknowledgement from Oxford College(s)?

Last year Bristol replied in January and Durham replied in February, you could be waiting a while :lol:
Original post by actuarialmaestro:p
AWESOME DUDE!! :biggrin:

And here go the usual questions..... : when did you apply????

oh and where else you applying?

What conditions?

My school sent it off on the last week.

Oxford, Warwick, etc.

The email was just notifying that I have to go to the Introductory Day and that more information will come from UCAS and a letter but I assume its the standard A*AA.
Reply 2388

Oxford, Warwick, etc.

The email was just notifying that I have to go to the Introductory Day and that more information will come from UCAS and a letter but I assume its the standard A*AA.

I got the same email today! Is your Introductory Day on 23rd November as well?:smile:
Reply 2389

Oxford, Warwick, etc.

Awesome! Is this official offer or a 'recommendation for offer' letter?
Reply 2390
Original post by lmq0209
I got the same email today! Is your Introductory Day on 23rd November as well?:smile:

Fantastic. Will the offer be updated on track after 23rd November or is it already on track?
Original post by lmq0209

Yes :smile:

Original post by new123

It's not the official offer email but they said to expect UCAS update and the formal email/letter to arrive soon.
Reply 2392
Original post by new123

I have only got the 'recommendation for offer', no update on UCAS either. Can't wait for the official offer, gonna be my first one:smile: See you on the open day then, though can't recognise you, that will be fun :wink:
Reply 2393
Original post by lmq0209
I have only got the 'recommendation for offer', no update on UCAS either.

When did your school send your application?

Were any conditions mentioned in the recommendation email? Did they mention when it will become official?

I am sure this is more or less official.
Reply 2394
Original post by new123
When did your school send your application?

Were any conditions mentioned in the recommendation email? Did they mention when it will become official?

I am sure this is more or less official.

There's no condition mentioned other than the Introductory day. Here are the exact words if it helps.

"I am very pleased to tell you that I have recommended to our Faculty Office that you be made an offer for a place. You may already have heard formally from the College and from UCAS in more detail if not, you should hear from them shortly. As part of the offer, you are required to make a visit to the department for an Introductory Day. "
Look forward to seeing you all on the 23rd November at UCL :wink: Just got my recommendation for an offer :biggrin: Means I'll have to change the day of my driving test.. but yeh. Totally, absolutely, awesome.
Reply 2396
Original post by officeface
Look forward to seeing you all on the 23rd November at UCL :wink: Just got my recommendation for an offer :biggrin: Means I'll have to change the day of my driving test.. but yeh. Totally, absolutely, awesome.

Awesome! You must be very happy!

May I ask when you had submitted your application. What are your choices and how many offers do you already hold?
Original post by new123
Awesome! You must be very happy!

May I ask when you had submitted your application. What are your choices and how many offers do you already hold?

Thank you!

I submitted it right at the beginning of October - UCAS sent through my welcome letter on the 3rd October. This was my first offer - and the only one I expect before Christmas - I've also applied to Oxford, Bristol, Durham and St. Andrews. They all seem fairly lethargic besides Oxford, and my chances of getting in there aren't superb! :smile:
Reply 2398
Original post by officeface
Thank you!

I submitted it right at the beginning of October - UCAS sent through my welcome letter on the 3rd October. This was my first offer - and the only one I expect before Christmas - I've also applied to Oxford, Bristol, Durham and St. Andrews. They all seem fairly lethargic besides Oxford, and my chances of getting in there aren't superb! :smile:

Does the mean UCAS status is still blank even after this letter? Is it mentioned when it would be updated?
Original post by mpc1
Does the mean UCAS status is still blank even after this letter? Is it mentioned when it would be updated?

It's still blank - the letter specifically says that offers are dependent on going on this visit to UCL, so if I don't go, I lose the offer. I guess they will update it after I go there?

Latest