The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fission_Mailed
Anatomy annoys me generally. Can't believe I looked forward to studying this ****.

I don't mind anatomy. Got raped by metabolism this morning though. With a hangover too. Painful.
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
I don't mind anatomy. Got raped by metabolism this morning though. With a hangover too. Painful.

At least metabolism isn't taught by angry retired surgeons.
Has anyone got access to this paper please?

Why does bone matrix contain non-collagenous proteins? The possible roles of osteocalcin, osteonectin, osteopontin and bone sialoprotein in bone mineralisation and resorption. Roach, Cell Biology International (1994) 18, 617–628

Edit: Got it - thanks crazylemon and sweetchilli :h:
(edited 12 years ago)
Anatomy annoys me generally. Can't believe I looked forward to studying this ****.

Ha. Sums my stance up perfectly.
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Has anyone got access to this paper please?

Why does bone matrix contain non-collagenous proteins? The possible roles of osteocalcin, osteonectin, osteopontin and bone sialoprotein in bone mineralisation and resorption. Roach, Cell Biology International (1994) 18, 617–628

Had a look for you but it doesn't look like their website supports any kind of Athens/Shibboleth type thing. :frown:
Original post by Kinkerz
Ha. Sums my stance up perfectly.

Still better than histology.
Had a look for you but it doesn't look like their website supports any kind of Athens/Shibboleth type thing. :frown:

My online library thing is telling me that there's full text access, but it's not taking my uni log in details. Thanks for looking though :h:
My return here can be attributed to having absolutely **** all else to do tonight. Missed my entire day which included my first SSC session of the year because I was ill this morning, suddenly felt ok again, made the trip to euston, started getting stomach cramps as soon as I entered the foyer to the cruciform, vommed, turned back to euston, went home, slept for 4hours.

My conclusion is that I'm allergic to university.
Original post by Jessaay!
My return here can be attributed to having absolutely **** all else to do tonight. Missed my entire day which included my first SSC session of the year because I was ill this morning, suddenly felt ok again, made the trip to euston, started getting stomach cramps as soon as I entered the foyer to the cruciform, vommed, turned back to euston, went home, slept for 4hours.

My conclusion is that I'm allergic to university.

:frown: How are you doing now?

And hello! :biggrin: Long time, Miss J. :awesome:
:frown: How are you doing now?

And hello! :biggrin: Long time, Miss J. :awesome:

I'm feeling less likely to vomit but I'm sad that I'm also having to miss rowing tomorrow in case it makes my throat worse (woke up unable to speak other than in small squeaks, much to my boyfriend's amusement who took it as an opportunity to make insults without me moaning at him) and I NEVER miss rowing!! I shouldn't be more bothered about this than my course but I am...

How are you?
Original post by Jessaay!
I'm feeling less likely to vomit but I'm sad that I'm also having to miss rowing tomorrow in case it makes my throat worse (woke up unable to speak other than in small squeaks, much to my boyfriend's amusement who took it as an opportunity to make insults without me moaning at him) and I NEVER miss rowing!! I shouldn't be more bothered about this than my course but I am...

How are you?

Loving second year, apart from the whole "medicine" thing. It's all been a bit **** in recent months but I thinking I'm pulling out of that now.
Original post by Lantana

Original post by Lantana
I haven't heard that one before

It's the joint between the manubrium and the main sternum :dontknow:

Original post by GodspeedGehenna

I really like anatomy now that I'm doing the dissections.

And now that we're not doing limb anatomy :ninja:
Reply 6311

This. I've only been in medical school 28 days and I'm finding anatomy terribly tough. And Cambridge is apparently one of the best for anatomy teaching. Does every medical school make you learn everything apart from neuroanatomy in 1st year? It seems to move too fast to actually take anything in :frown:
Original post by SabreT
This. I've only been in medical school 28 days and I'm finding anatomy terribly tough. And Cambridge is apparently one of the best for anatomy teaching. Does every medical school make you learn everything apart from neuroanatomy in 1st year? It seems to move too fast to actually take anything in :frown:

I did alll of anatomy in two terms in first year. Thankfully my medical school have changed the course structure since then. It didn't seem too bad at the time (and I kind of liked that we did it all in one go rather than dragging it out over several years) but I don't know as much anatomy now as I wish I did, as it mostly got forgotten after first year exams.
Original post by SabreT

We learned anatomy over a course of 2 years. First year we covered cardio, resp, GI. Technically did most of the anatomy blew through most of anatomy in 2nd year. It was an incredible pain to learn anatomy for exams...feel like I've forgotten stuff already.
Reply 6314
Original post by Becca-Sarah
I did alll of anatomy in two terms in first year. Thankfully my medical school have changed the course structure since then. It didn't seem too bad at the time (and I kind of liked that we did it all in one go rather than dragging it out over several years) but I don't know as much anatomy now as I wish I did, as it mostly got forgotten after first year exams.

:zomg:

How is that even possible? Was it just like pure anatomy for the first two terms?

Original post by magichearts
We learned anatomy over a course of 2 years. First year we covered cardio, resp, GI. Technically did most of the anatomy blew through most of anatomy in 2nd year. It was an incredible pain to learn anatomy for exams...feel like I've forgotten stuff already.

I can already tell that I'm going to forget anatomy after first year. Thats if I learn enough to get past first year. I look at grays thinking 'how on earth am I going to remember all this' :sigh:
Original post by SabreT
:zomg:

How is that even possible? Was it just like pure anatomy for the first two terms?

2 hours prosection, 2 hours looking at models/diagrams/other stuff and an hour tutorial each week, IIRC. Alongside cardio, resp and GI systems in health, and community course (GP/sociology). Now I realise why there was a week in November nicknamed 'suicide week', when how much there was to learn suddenly hit you...
^ That's disgusting. re. Imperial: Year 1 = Thorax, Abdomen & Pelvis; Year 2 = Limbs, Head, Neck & Spine.
Original post by SabreT

I did all of anatomy in one year. I've forgotten most of it now.
Original post by Blatant Troll
^ That's disgusting. re. Imperial: Year 1 = Thorax, Abdomen & Pelvis; Year 2 = Limbs, Head, Neck & Spine.

Ditto for King's!
Original post by Syncope
Second year is a massive slog - you just have to keep ploughing on. It feels never-ending but just keep focusing on the fact that once it's over, you have the much-more-interesting clinical years to look forward to.

Thanks. It literally is feeling so long already and we've only just finished the anatomy! How's final year going? If you dont mind me asking- did you intercalate?

Latest

Trending

Trending