The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Standard GCSE and AS results for Exeter!

What would you say the normal GCSE and AS results would be for those at Exeter?

This is the course I am intrested in: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/computerscience/itbusiness/entry/

BUT. my GCSE results were average:

A* - ICT
B - Bioligy (Triple Science), Chemistry (Triple Science), English, History, Maths, R.S (Short Course)
C - Physics (Triple Science)
D - French, D.T Graphics, English Litreature (whole school being re-marked, will probabley be a C)

...are these good enough and what do I need to be aiming at for AS, I do;

Maths (dropping for A2)
Business Studies
ICT
Psychology

Thanks, and please be honest! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by wastry
What would you say the normal GCSE and AS results would be for those at Exeter?

This is the course I am intrested in: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/computerscience/itbusiness/entry/

BUT. my GCSE results were average:

A* - ICT
B - Bioligy (Triple Science), Chemistry (Triple Science), English, History, Maths, R.S (Short Course)
C - Physics (Triple Science)
D - French, D.T Graphics, English Litreature (whole school being re-marked, will probabley be a C)

...are these good enough and what do I need to be aiming at for AS, I do;

Maths (dropping for A2)
Business Studies
ICT
Psychology

Thanks, and please be honest! :smile:

I got an offer for law with 4.5A*, 4A, 2B and AAABB at AS. I think you've got a fairly good chance, you've met the minimum requirements of a B at GCSE Maths and if you do well at AS then you should be in with a fairly good shot :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
From what I know with a parent who works there, they put a lot of emphasis on gaining at least a B in Maths, English lit and Eng lang at GCSE. They don't really take notice of the others though, as long as they're pretty decent (so A*-C/D range which you have).

But, if you got really good AS results that becomes of less importance - so basically, aim for all As if possible! :wink: good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending