Original post by Jessie7003
(1+3i)(2+3i)=z

and z squared= 3+2i

3+3i+6i+9isquared =z
9isquared+9i+3=z

divide by 3

3isquared+3i+1=z

blah blah blah do the what multiplys to give 3 and adds to give 3 thing

then you sub that into z square it and move the 3 over and you work out 2i and then divide by 2.

You can't even do 2x1. Fail.
Reply 62
I clearly showed how you work that equation out. I did do further maths. Couldn't be annoyed getting the actual answer for people like you. LOL think you need to take up English at GCSE again and learn how to spell. My sister is currently getting 98% in all her exams so far and is WORKING for the BBC. Watch you all suffer with your maths and stuff when you realise the job demand for them is ****e. Leeds isn't crap. It has an EXTREMELY high pass rate ah **** you all I'm not wasting my time with you.
Original post by jus2sik
Oh yeah i was working on algorithms earlier and i just had the chance to unwind and let it all out, let my creativity flow. Later I was doing some maths and biology, im telling ya my creativity just kept on coming, then I tried media studies, pfft coursework asking for some form of video/song/book/animation, no way in hell i could be creative through those mediums, hmm

To a university, I'm 100% certain that:
Difficulty > Creativity
Reply 64
(1+3i)(2+3i)=z

and z squared= 3+2i

3+3i+6i+9isquared =z
9isquared+9i+3=z

divide by 3

3isquared+3i+1=z

then you sub that into z square it and move the 3 over and you work out 2i and then divide by 2.

the question someones asked you mysteriously appeared on yahoo answers a few minutes ago, hmm
Reply 65
Original post by Sagacious

If she can explain Hyperbolic functions, Conic Sections and Further Matrices then fine. Somehow, I don't think she'll be able to.

In all fairness, if you say to most mathematicians "Explain to me Further Matrices" they will have no idea what you are on about.
Reply 66
Original post by Phuck
To a university, I'm 100% certain that:
Difficulty > Creativity

yah i know but i couldnt resist picking up on the creativity thing
Reply 67
It's about as hard as further maths. The high pass rate is down to hard work !
(1+3i)(2+3i)=z

and z squared= 3+2i

3+3i+6i+9isquared =z
9isquared+9i+3=z

divide by 3

3isquared+3i+1=z

Hmm, that doesn't make any sense. Anyway, assuming you aren't lying you going to be wasting your intelligence if you pick stupid subjects. Anyway, you can make mistakes and that is fine. Just that mistake going to cost you £40k in tuition fees then to realize that no media employer actually wants to hire stupid media studies students and will take English lit and all the other better humanities over you.

fallen_acorns
in the relm of arts course: (comparing an arts course to a science (on anything but volume of work) is pointless, as the methods are so different)

media studies is one of the lowest,

if you honestly think it takes the same amount of time and effort to get an A in media studies, as it does to get an A in music (on cambridges aproved list of arts courses) than your delusional. One requries alot of knowledge, ability, effort, and one requires effort.

I would agree that the volume of work in science is less than some arts subject.

Would agree that media studies is the lowest. Even then if it was really hard, then still people will see it as a joke subject.
Reply 69
Original post by jus2sik
Oh yeah i was working on algorithms earlier and i just had the chance to unwind and let it all out, let my creativity flow. Later I was doing some maths and biology, im telling ya my creativity just kept on coming, then I tried media studies, pfft coursework asking for some form of video/song/book/animation, no way in hell i could be creative through those mediums, hmm

If you are doing maths that doesn't require you to be creative, you are doing the wrong maths. I might even go so far as to argue that you are probably not really doing maths at all.
Media studies= trash. I don't do media studies but I can guarantee I can do the stuff in media studies. It's just like IT anyone can do it without an A level in it. Everyone just wants to defend their subjects. Get real.
Original post by Zhy

So the majority of people that do media studies work hard? No way, I know a lot of people from my secondary school that went on to study media studies purely for the fact they heard it was easy. These were the type of people not to work hard, or even at all.

Don't kid yourself. Media studies as hard as further maths?
You MUST be trolling.
Reply 72
Arts and science are completely different things.

But media studies is easier than most other arts/humanities, no? It's got far less work than say music or art as in the painting art thing. Surely that must be something.
Original post by Bobifier
In all fairness, if you say to most mathematicians "Explain to me Further Matrices" they will have no idea what you are on about.

The reason I asked her to explain 'Further Matrices' is simply because that's the name of which it goes by in Further Maths. She claimed to have done it, hence why I wanted her to explain it. I understand where you're coming from though.
I clearly showed how you work that equation out. I did do further maths. Couldn't be annoyed getting the actual answer for people like you. LOL think you need to take up English at GCSE again and learn how to spell. My sister is currently getting 98% in all her exams so far and is WORKING for the BBC. Watch you all suffer with your maths and stuff when you realise the job demand for them is ****e. Leeds isn't crap. It has an EXTREMELY high pass rate ah **** you all I'm not wasting my time with you.

I'm sure the job demand for media studies is higher than maths. I don't see a Nobel prize in media studies but I see one in maths, I wonder why?
Original post by Zhy

Ironically, Further Maths has the highest amount of percentage of people getting A's who study it.

The problem is that people who do Maths are very few percentage, then out of that only the good people who study Maths do Further Maths.

Phuck
So the majority of people that do media studies work hard? No way, I know a lot of people from my secondary school that went on to study media studies purely for the fact they heard it was easy. These were the type of people not to work hard, or even at all.

Don't kid yourself. Media studies as hard as further maths?
You MUST be trolling.

The people who I knew who studied media studies got very bad A levels overall.

Also, I think he was being sarcastic.

Original post by hslakaal
Arts and science are completely different things.

But media studies is easier than most other arts/humanities, no? It's got far less work than say music or art as in the painting art thing. Surely that must be something.

Well, I agree with that you can't compare Arts and science.

Cambridge list of undesirable subjects says don't do media studies.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by Stardust Mirage
I'm sure the job demand for media studies is higher than maths. I don't see a Nobel prize in media studies but I see one in maths, I wonder why?

I would be interested to know which set of Nobel prizes you are looking at. Certainly I am confident it is not the one everyone else is familiar with.

You're a fool. You can take a maths degree to almost any employer and they will be impressed. Media studies on the other hand...
You're either a troll or just very stupid.
Original post by Phuck
You're a fool. You can take a maths degree to almost any employer and they will be impressed. Media studies on the other hand...
You're either a troll or just very stupid.

I'd say both to be honest.
Original post by Simplicity
Ironically, Further Maths has the highest amount of percentage of people getting A's who study it.

The problem is that people who do Maths are very few percentage, then out of that only the good people who study Maths do Further Maths.

The people who I knew who studied media studies got very bad A levels overall.

Also, I think he was being sarcastic.

I hope so. Sarcasm doesn't convey very well over the internet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending