The Student Room Group

Eating Disorders and life with one - Discussions, Opinions, Advice.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cinamon
:hugs: :tea:

You guys are amazing :smile:

Hmmm... :frown:

-------------------

Grrr I can't just have a bit of sweet things, has to be all of it :frown: Will get the balance right someday.... :banana2:

Ditto! :sigh: Someday soon hopefully. :moon:

YOU'RE amazing missy! :biggrin:
I am very far (I almost typed **t there! I've decided it's a swearword and I won't say it anymore... But what a Freudian slip!) from amazing, unfortunately. But thank you.
Original post by .snowflake.
Is someone in your halls being horrid to you, or because no ones there to go 'Oi, DD, get some food in the orifice in the front of your face' your not.

Nah, no-one's being horrible to me! I wouldn't let them haha
It's the latter! Though when you say it like that it's kind of hilarious! :biggrin: I don't think my NOT eating is the issue right now though, it's more the opposite. My body must be so confused.... :rolleyes:

Hope you're ok Snowy? :hugs:
Original post by diamonddust

It's the latter! Though when you say it like that it's kind of hilarious! :biggrin: I don't think my NOT eating is the issue right now though, it's more the opposite. My body must be so confused.... :rolleyes:

Hope you're ok Snowy? :hugs:

I'm fine pet. Stressed, but eating - everything atm. I want my flipping UCAS form to go, and this german homework to disappear. 9 questions, I've written nigh on 1200 words in german in the past 2 days.
Original post by .snowflake.
I'm fine pet. Stressed, but eating - everything atm. I want my flipping UCAS form to go, and this german homework to disappear. 9 questions, I've written nigh on 1200 words in german in the past 2 days.

:hugs: Ly xxx
Original post by diamonddust
:hugs: Ly xxx

ily2. -shnuggles-.
Reply 1964

Spoiler

:hugs:
Original post by Riku

Spoiler

:hugs:

You are so so brave xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I think this is something everyone here deserves:
"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These people have an appreciation, a sensitivity an understanding of life that fills them with compassion and gentleness, and a deep loving concern. BEAUTIFUL peope don't just happen."

:smile:
Thought I would pop in and say hi.

I suffered with anorexia for 4 years. I'm over it now, and can't stop eating, which has made me feel worse about myself. I'm confused and frustrated.
Good news!

Reading's nutrition courses go off of educational merit, not ED's.
Original post by Antiaris
Good news!

Yay!
Good news!

Woop. Antiaris is going to university!!
When you need to eat something, but you don't feel hungry.. How do you stop the buying loads of food and eating it all thing? I know if I eat or choose to buy food it will be a ridiculous amount. :sigh:
Good news!

Yayyyy! You should celebrate :smile:
I've never personally experienced one, but a guy I used to be with had one. I tried writing down here some things he would do, but it's incredibly upsetting and I don't want to put anyone in here in a bad place emotionally.

So I will just leave it as saying that although I can't empathise, I can see how eating disorders absolutely do take over your life.

I hope you all find the strength to recover, that you're not afraid to ask for help, and I hope one day you can have a happy, healthy relationship with food and with yourselves. Good luck.
Reply 1974
Good news!

Thumbs up to Antiaris!
Reply 1975
Great to see such a level of positivity in the house today!! Brill-o-pad!

Everyone's mentioning how much healthier I look and how much more vitality I have. I'm nearly 7.5 stones now which is a full 10lb since I started recovery, though when I see myself in pictures it seems so much more!

Look at the difference between my lowest point, then me about three months ago, then me yesterday, trying out my Halloween gear!

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/190304_10150096860691551_514081550_6828343_8018865_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270311_10150231603566551_514081550_7830230_163028_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/310643_10150331142766551_514081550_8579600_1697324208_n.jpg

Hi there. :sexface:

It was lovely seeing those pictures, but I didn't see the 10lbs between them - I saw how much happier you look now. :biggrin: Without trying to sound like your mother, I'm so unbelievably proud. :hugs:
Hi again all, just confused as when I last posted I said I lost a stone and a half in a bout a week and a half when I was ill then lost a few more pounds when the doc weighed me a few days later.

However 8 days on and I have gained about 10 pounds which worries me(since I am overweight so not trying to gain)

It COULD be like I said before that when I was ill I cut out my sugary drinks and pretty much most sugary items out of my diet unless I didnt know it was in there i.e ready meals. yet in the last 8 days I have had sugary drinks most days and had a can of relentless twice this week, a jam donut Monday and shared half a pizza and small kebab with my friend last night.

So like I say the week and half when I lost weight I had no sugary drinks, the week I gain almost a stone was when I had sugary drinks.

Any link here? Also noticed that since I went back to sugar I feel more tired when I wake up so sleep a bit more and also go to bed later!!
Hey guys, lurker here.

Do any of you remember how your disordered eating started? I'm worried that I might be getting into unhealthy habits with my weight loss.

Spoiler contains BMIs and weight loss behaviours...

Spoiler

Don't know really what I hope to achieve by typing that all out...knocking some sense into me maybe? :redface:
Original post by TotoMimo
Great to see such a level of positivity in the house today!! Brill-o-pad!

Everyone's mentioning how much healthier I look and how much more vitality I have. I'm nearly 7.5 stones now which is a full 10lb since I started recovery, though when I see myself in pictures it seems so much more!

Look at the difference between my lowest point, then me about three months ago, then me yesterday, trying out my Halloween gear!

Bloody hell toto. O_o. wouldnt like to meet you down a dark alley in that outfit!

Quick Reply

Latest