The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Groat
Work and Leisure. Which bits are you hating? :hugs:

BASICALLY EVERYTHING, although market structures isn't so bad... bit REALLY repetitive though. Looking forward to government intervention and failure though :smile: Only 2 more months then macro :woo:

hehe Don't tell me you like it! :eek: and aww fanx love. I love that smiley! ^^
Original post by Brand New Eyes
E&M requires written work? :eek:

Well if that were really true you could've substituted your choice for another university...

I'm applying for History & Economics, so I have to send off two 2000 word essays for both :rolleyes: with the HAT on Wednesday as well.
Unfortunately no, the course isn't in enough uni's so I've pretty much applied where it's available (excluding the Scottish ones - I'm a home girl what can I say!). Sorry to whine, it hasn't been a very good day and the silence from Track is killing me :tongue:
Reply 4522
BASICALLY EVERYTHING, although market structures isn't so bad... bit REALLY repetitive though. Looking forward to government intervention and failure though :smile: Only 2 more months then macro :woo:

hehe Don't tell me you like it! :eek: and aww fanx love. I love that smiley! ^^

I'm finding it all quite interesting! Although i think the government intervention chapter in the textbook isn't well structured, it's difficult to tell when one section ends and another starts.

Are you taking it in January? :u:

How did you do in the first two units?
Reply 4523
Original post by roseroserose.
Blah I'm finishing up my written work for economics to send off to Oxford :frown: I don't even want to bloody go anymore.

E&M doesn't require written work anymore...
Original post by Doojam
E&M doesn't require written work anymore...

history & econ - I think they're trying to punish me for my indecision over the courses :wink:
Reply 4525
history & econ - I think they're trying to punish me for my indecision over the courses :wink:

Oh right, haha. You worried me for a minute then, even though Balliol had specifically said no written work was required :tongue:

Good luck getting it done!
Original post by Groat
Am I the only person not doing Target 2.0? :colondollar:

Join the club.
Original post by 94george94
Join the club.

I'm doing it, I'm not entirely sure what I'm meant to be doing though :tongue:
Original post by Doojam
Oh right, haha. You worried me for a minute then, even though Balliol had specifically said no written work was required :tongue:

Good luck getting it done!

Haha sorry! And Balliol was gorgeous, my second choice:smile:
Bath just asked me for my english GCSE certificate O.o

anyone have any ideas why/ has this happened to anyone else applying for Econ. there?

Reply 4530
Original post by daniiibrains

anyone have any ideas why/ has this happened to anyone else applying for Econ. there?

It didn't happen to me! :s-smilie: What did you get in GCSE English, AS-Levels, etc?
Original post by daniiibrains

Are you an int. applicant by any chance?

Other than that..I cant think of why :dontknow:
Original post by Groat
I'm finding it all quite interesting! Although i think the government intervention chapter in the textbook isn't well structured, it's difficult to tell when one section ends and another starts.

There's a textbook for W&L?! :curious:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Groat

:lol: We're doing it to a completely different way to the textbook so I get so confused and have to flip back and forth. I haven't actually checked out that bit but it seems pretty compact and it's all in one section!? No?

Yep I am! :love: I love Jan modules! Erm honestly I thought they were pretty easy :lol: I didn't have much revision to do lets just say... But this stuff is kinda harder
There's a textbook for W&L?! o.O

Nope, there's an A2 book and it's one of three chapters
Reply 4535
There's a textbook for W&L?! o.O

There's an OCR textbook for the qualification. :beard:

:lol: We're doing it to a completely different way to the textbook so I get so confused and have to flip back and forth. I haven't actually checked out that bit but it seems pretty compact and it's all in one section!? No?

Yep I am! :love: I love Jan modules! Erm honestly I thought they were pretty easy :lol: I didn't have much revision to do lets just say... But this stuff is kinda harder

Hard work at AS-Levels always pays off. :love:

The essay topics offer more breadth. I just hope in the exam I pick the right one. I have a tendency of spending two minutes doing one question (when I have a choice) then change my mind completely to the other option.
Nope, there's an A2 book and it's one of three chapters

What was your AS UMS mark?

And can you possibly link me to the book on Amazon, I may have to buy it... :colondollar:

Is there a revision book for this BTW? I'm getting sick of tutor2u. :colone:
Reply 4537
What was your AS UMS mark?

And can you possibly link me to the book on Amazon, I may have to buy it... :colondollar:

Is there a revision book for this BTW? I'm getting sick of tutor2u. :colone:

Here.

I always find a range of resources gives you the best knowledge for exams. Tutor2U is good!
Original post by Groat
Here.

I always find a range of resources gives you the best knowledge for exams. Tutor2U is good!

Thanks a lot, I'll have to order this.

What did you use to revise/ learn from last year Groat? Given you have an amazing mark. :biggrin:

Where else have you applied? Are they all history and econ?

Latest

Trending

Trending