The Student Room Group

Clocks going back this weekend

as we prepare for another winter and wake up to dark morning and come home during the dark, there must people out there who work in the dark all day never see daylight during the winter like those who work in dark rooms etc

so what are u doing to prepare for the clocks going back and what do u think about winter coming

also about those people who work in darkness, what jobs do u think or or jobs that require people to work in the dark during the winter never seeing daylight at all

wake up dark, work in the dark come home in the dark
Reply 1
Forget about that.

1 hours extra sleep.

:colone:
Reply 2
The winter is my favourite season.
I really love the dark evenings and being all cosy in a warm home. I'm not sure how that will apply at uni where they don't appear to have central heating in halls or a nice warm fire, and when I have to walk home in the dark.
This is the good one, yes? More sleep?

I know it happens twice a year, but I can still never remember which one is good/bad.
Reply 5
Stupid farmers :sigh:
Reply 6
Depressing...
Reply 7
Original post by OceanInTheSky
This is the good one, yes? More sleep?

I know it happens twice a year, but I can still never remember which one is good/bad.

happens only once a year - in the winter. In the summer, clocks go 1 hr forward so that's 1 hr less sleep.

Think of it this way, Summer is usually 1 hr forwards going from GMT->BST, and winter is going back 1 hr GMT<---BST

I'm possibly going to sleep that extra hr!
Reply 8
so this happens saturday night beginning into sunday? or sunday night carrying into monday?
Reply 9
Despite Halloween, Firework night, Christmas, New year and my birthday all happening in this one season. I still hate Winter. :angry:
I like the dark, it's peaceful.
Reply 11
Am I the only one who likes winter?
Does anyone know the exact time we should turn them back??
:sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface:
Original post by Helpful_Charlie
I like the dark, it's peaceful.
Original post by 01jtiong
as we prepare for another winter and wake up to dark morning and come home during the dark, there must people out there who work in the dark all day never see daylight during the winter like those who work in dark rooms etc

so what are u doing to prepare for the clocks going back and what do u think about winter coming

also about those people who work in darkness, what jobs do u think or or jobs that require people to work in the dark during the winter never seeing daylight at all

wake up dark, work in the dark come home in the dark

Reply 15
Original post by mr tim
happens only once a year - in the winter. In the summer, clocks go 1 hr forward so that's 1 hr less sleep.

Think of it this way, Summer is usually 1 hr forwards going from GMT->BST, and winter is going back 1 hr GMT<---BST

I'm possibly going to sleep that extra hr!

My mum always has the saying "Spring forwards - Fall back" for knowing which way the change the clocks :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by MissUniversity

2am apparently :tongue:
Reply 17
Original post by MissUniversity

2 am. But you can do it now:tongue:
Might as well take advantage of that extra hour and get to bed now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending