The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheArsenal
Where else have you applied? Are they all history and econ?

Oxford Cardiff & Leeds: history & economics
Warwick: economics, politics & international studies (I wanted to do econ history with economics until they scrapped the course!)
I've also applied to Bristol for straight history, but I changed that last minute from history/economics at Keele. :smile:
I think there was one or two others, at York and possibly Swansea?
Original post by Groat
Here.

I always find a range of resources gives you the best knowledge for exams. Tutor2U is good!

Geoff Riley :love: Although he makes ****loads of money through selling his stuff. Unfortunately there is no W&L revision pack!
Original post by Groat

Hard work at AS-Levels always pays off. :love:

The essay topics offer more breadth. I just hope in the exam I pick the right one. I have a tendency of spending two minutes doing one question (when I have a choice) then change my mind completely to the other option.

:lol: maybe, but I did fine without it <3 (don't you just hate people like me)

True, it's the only time we'll get to choose though! I think I'd do the govt int. one or something I'm comfortable with. My motto is once you've started you can't go back.

Original post by 94george94
What was your AS UMS mark?

And can you possibly link me to the book on Amazon, I may have to buy it... :colondollar:

Is there a revision book for this BTW? I'm getting sick of tutor2u. :colone:

I got 94 Unit 1 and 93 Unit 2 :smile: not 100 unlike Groat but :woo: I was pretty chuffed.

Are you also OCR? I found using this helps with general notes: more relevant for AQA though http://www.scribd.com/doc/33371753/Edexcel-Unit3-Companion-2010
Original post by roseroserose.
Oxford Cardiff &amp; Leeds: history &amp; economics
Warwick: economics, politics &amp; international studies (I wanted to do econ history with economics until they scrapped the course!)
I've also applied to Bristol for straight history, but I changed that last minute from history/economics at Keele. :smile:

Lots of places do History and Economics!
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Geoff Riley :love: Although he makes ****loads of money through selling his stuff. Unfortunately there is no W&L revision pack!

True, it's the only time we'll get to choose though! I think I'd do the govt int. one or something I'm comfortable with. My motto is once you've started you can't go back.

I got 94 Unit 1 and 93 Unit 2 :smile: not 100 unlike Groat but :woo: I was pretty chuffed.

Are you also OCR? I found using this helps with general notes: more relevant for AQA though http://www.scribd.com/doc/33371753/Edexcel-Unit3-Companion-2010

Well done on those scores!

I managed 98 Unit 1, but failed my Unit 2 miserably (73 - 18/18 but dropped marks on the easy questions :s-smilie:). Anyway I'm retaking that in Jan as well as W&L so I need to gather good resources to revise from.
Reply 4544
:woo: Sorry, I may have to jump on the band wagon. I AM doing it, regionals in a month :eek: doubt we'll get through though. Damn those schools which always beat us!

p.s. StudentInvestor? Anyone?

Top 500 :sexface:

Original post by -Illmatic-
No! Me too :tongue: I watch it cos its quite funny..but Mo's gone now :sad:

:rofl:

His watch and suit :facepalm:

I managed 98 Unit 1, but failed my Unit 2 miserably (73 - 18/18 but dropped marks on the easy questions :s-smilie:). Anyway I'm retaking that in Jan as well as W&amp;L so I need to gather good resources to revise from.

For unit 2 tutor2u is really good! It has like a dictionary/phrases list and all the key bits. Textbook is generally the Bible though.

I don't remember much of unit 2 except random questions which I hadn't revised for lol and the essay question being very predictable. People always drop marks on the data response because they ignore it during revision.
Original post by Tateco

Oh shush you :wink:

2389 or something bow down to me? :adore:

or look down rather? :lol: I don't know how the top team managed to make £35k!!! that's a 35% return :eek: We only made like £8000
Original post by Tateco

Every time I saw his suit, watch or face. ULTIMATE CRINGE.

And then when he claimed to have come up with ideas that were nothing to do with him... :noway:
Original post by Tateco

How on Earth did he manage to actually make it..he must've been very impressive in the whole interview process etc

:dontknow:
Oxford Cardiff & Leeds: history & economics
Warwick: economics, politics & international studies (I wanted to do econ history with economics until they scrapped the course!)

Oh right cool, I was wanting to do economic history with economics as well but it seemed really rare and I mucked up my AS levels a bit so I couldn't apply for LSE really, I have an offer for modern history with economics at Manchester and another for economic and social history from Aberystwyth. Haven't applied for any that you have though.
Reply 4550
Oh shush you :wink:

2389 or something bow down to me? :adore:

or look down rather? :lol: I don't know how the top team managed to make £35k!!! that's a 35% return :eek: We only made like £8000

Their parents probably work the stock market professionally, they go to a really top school :tongue:

How on Earth did he manage to actually make it..he must've been very impressive in the whole interview process etc

:dontknow:

Probably thought he was a complete prick and would be good for television :rolleyes:

Every time I saw his suit, watch or face. ULTIMATE CRINGE.

And then when he claimed to have come up with ideas that were nothing to do with him... :noway:

I know :| He was so pathetic!
Original post by Tateco

Probably thought he was a complete prick and would be good for television :rolleyes:

Thats also a possibilty :tongue:

Then again obliviously cocky kids=more views=more $$$ for Mr Sugaah :yep:
So..have you guys done much work this week?

Well with this and that PLUS that huge assignment ... that would a total of erm around

oh wait

nothing:K:

:lol:
Reply 4554
Haha sorry! And Balliol was gorgeous, my second choice:smile:

Which college did you choose?

I really love Balliol, it's incredibly over-subscribed though :ashamed2:
Reply 4555

:ninja:
Reply 4556
Original post by Tateco

Your team is 500th, or your school? :shock:

Mahamed looked like such a pimp with his white suit and gold watch. :giggle:

I managed 98 Unit 1, but failed my Unit 2 miserably (73 - 18/18 but dropped marks on the easy questions :s-smilie:). Anyway I'm retaking that in Jan as well as W&L so I need to gather good resources to revise from.

If you got 18/18 on the essay question, you're obviously very capable! I'm sure you'll ace the January re-take.

:hugs: You are too kind!

I think I'd choose a wage determination question if there is one: plenty of analysis and evaluative points!

I'm glad I don't hold that policy of changing - I changed in my English Literature exam and that turned out to be a good decision :sexface:

Yes, drafting and re-drafting econ essays.

Finished self teaching M1 2 weeks ago so I should probs start doing some exam questions for that... I better have been entered for the Jan exam! :O

:absinth:
Yes, drafting and re-drafting econ essays.

Finished self teaching M1 2 weeks ago so I should probs start doing some exam questions for that... I better have been entered for the Jan exam! :O

Nice :smile: Are you on Edexcel? How comes you're self teaching?

Latest

Trending

Trending