The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6240
hey guys,

Not been on this for a while so not been keeping up with android updates...does anyone know the exact data for the 2.5 android OS release? Got told it was in november sometime...
Reply 6241
Original post by Zakir
hey guys,

Not been on this for a while so not been keeping up with android updates...does anyone know the exact data for the 2.5 android OS release? Got told it was in november sometime...

There is no Android 2.5.

Android 4.0 is being released on its first devices on November 17. Other phones and the source (and therefore CM9) will follow in the month or so thereafter.
Reply 6242
Original post by estel

Original post by estel
There is no Android 2.5.

Android 4.0 is being released on its first devices on November 17. Other phones and the source (and therefore CM9) will follow in the month or so thereafter.

An SDK port is already available on some phones like the Nexus S as far as I'm aware. No such luck for the S II though! :frown:
Reply 6243
Original post by und
An SDK port is already available on some phones like the Nexus S as far as I'm aware. No such luck for the S II though! :frown:

Yes, but SDK ports are a waste of time and space.
Reply 6244
Original post by estel

Original post by estel
Yes, but SDK ports are a waste of time and space.

Believe it or not, the Nexus S port is actually quite good and almost everything works on it. Check out the XDA thread for it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1313337

Pfft. Already have it on my kindle (for free) :ninja:

Just tryna make monies it seems.
Original post by G8D
I like the spoiler in the reviews.

Ruined the whole book for me. It's like saying Harry bangs Ginny at the end of Harry Potter
Guys, any ideas. On my S2 I set allow auto updating in the market then as soon as it has updated it forgets that the option is checked so I have to recheck it. Any ideas why it is doing this?
Sorted out everything on my SD card :borat:

But my new one isn't here yet... How will I transfer things in both partitions, onto the new card? Would I have to take an image? Would Titanium Backup take care of the EXT side? :dontknow:

Original post by G8D
I'd take a nandroid (including EXT).

Then just partition new card, wipe phone, restore nandroid.

You'll have to manually move normal files over though.

:king1: Will do! Thanks!
(edited 12 years ago)
Question:

Everytime I turn off/turn on or restart my Sensation any apps I have in folders lose their own icon and default back to the android standard symbol. Only corrected by deleting them and then readding them.

Any idea why and if it can be prevented?
Just thinking, could Android be turned into a Computer/Laptop OS?
Original post by TheCasual
Just thinking, could Android be turned into a Computer/Laptop OS?

Yes

Yes again
Man, I like LP but it hasn't been updated in ages, and scrollable widgets dont really work too well.

Put on GoLauncher, and it seems OK, but I dunno, it feels more 'mushy' than LP, with more lag, but the scrollable widgets work perfectly.

ADW lags like hell for some reason.

What y'all using?
Original post by Drewski

Original post by Drewski
Question:

Everytime I turn off/turn on or restart my Sensation any apps I have in folders lose their own icon and default back to the android standard symbol. Only corrected by deleting them and then readding them.

Any idea why and if it can be prevented?

Restarting the launcher will fix that. It happens to me too sometimes.

Original post by Nick Longjohnson
Man, I like LP but it hasn't been updated in ages, and scrollable widgets dont really work too well.

Put on GoLauncher, and it seems OK, but I dunno, it feels more 'mushy' than LP, with more lag, but the scrollable widgets work perfectly.

ADW lags like hell for some reason.

What y'all using?

I use LauncherPro Plus :ninja:
Original post by + polarity -
I use LauncherPro Plus :ninja:

I'm hesitant to pay for something that the dude's clearly abandoned months ago. Would've paid for it last year, but not now.

I'm hesitant to pay for something that the dude's clearly abandoned months ago.

...pay? :flute:
Hi,

may anybody help me find an android phone please?

I need to to have the following features (essential):
- touch screen, good response
- relatively good screen
- average or better battery life
- good speed (RAM/processor)
- speaker phone
- unlocked / easily unlockable (want to use my giffgaff sim)

the following features would be nice, but not essential at all:
- good camera

my budget is at max, £130.

I will be using the phone to access my gmail, google maps, google calendar, facebook and the odd (light) internet browsing. No heavy duty games or videos etc.

Any recommendations as to makes and models?
please quote when replying to me :smile:
Original post by purplefrog

Original post by purplefrog
Any recommendations as to makes and models?
please quote when replying to me :smile:

Would you be willing to get a used phone, on eBay perhaps? Or do you only want new?

Latest