The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8520
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Haha, this is your chat thread, it's good to see people posting in here!

I'll be very shocked if I need to warn anyone for spamming here :smile:

Hopefully that'll change..

The advice they give you is probably not great.. good job you came to TSR :colone:

Yep hopefully :crossedf:, the thing is though the students at my school are not very good in academics, and yeah they give pretty crap advice, like they wanted me to apply to oxbridge with my grades, and were really pissed of that the only russell group uni I applied to was manchester, however this might work in my advantage as they were very happy to predict me what I wanted and booked a interview course for me for free, plus they let me review and change their reference, plus they let me use my free periods in the morning for my voluntary work at the nursing home and the hospital. I remember before coming to TSR I wanted to apply kings, nottingham, ucl and cambridge but I realised how crap my GCSE's were for medicine even though I was top in my school. So I have to say thanks to TSR and you and all of its members if I get any interviews :smile:. Though the head of 6th form did tell me you can't revise for the UKCAT at the start of yr 12:tongue: I'm so lucky I found TSR before I took it. Wow just realised how long this is:biggrin: sorry if I dragged.
Yes I've noticed the change, but usually people get that done for a reason so we don't talk about it unless they are willing :colone:

Not a bad choice though :yy:

Yeah I did get it done for a reason :yep:

And thank you, thank you :smile: I actually thought about this one haha :rolleyes:
Reply 8522
Original post by abdkam
hey ofcourse i remember you!!
how are you?!!?!

Umm i decided:
Kings College London
Imperial College London
Barts and the London
St Georges

What about you!?? and now im stress high about BMAT LOL!

Haha Yay! I remember it seeiming like it was only us two girls in the whole UKCAT forum. Been busy with school work, IB is slowly starting to be a pain, can't wait till May is done.
I applied to KCL, HYMS, Glasgow and sheffield.
Aww, don't worry. I am doing BMAT too: i was going to apply to Cambridge but backed out after paying and stuff. I am sure u will do awesome. :cool:
Reply 8523
Original post by apple17
Haha Yay! I remember it seeiming like it was only us two girls in the whole UKCAT forum. Been busy with school work, IB is slowly starting to be a pain, can't wait till May is done.
I applied to KCL, HYMS, Glasgow and sheffield.
Aww, don't worry. I am doing BMAT too: i was going to apply to Cambridge but backed out after paying and stuff. I am sure u will do awesome. :cool:

haha yeah it was just me and you at the beginning in UKCAT forum...fun times!!
aah you should have applied...im sure you would have been capable

i might see you at kings if all turns out well!

yeah a-levels are stressful atm aswell! but WOW 40 IB points--thats amazing!
and on top of that my school is making us do practice interviews which i havent even looked at!!

I really want the next few months to go by quickly!
Original post by ViceVersa
Oh good :biggrin:! I was worried about when you were gonna post saying "I can't believe you guys did this!" :tongue: :teehee:

And you worked quick yesterday with editing my post, ninjamod :ninja: :tongue:

darn it that means we dont have an excuse to use that emticon anymore :tongue:
Reply 8525
Original post by abdkam
haha yeah it was just me and you at the beginning in UKCAT forum...fun times!!
aah you should have applied...im sure you would have been capable

i might see you at kings if all turns out well!

yeah a-levels are stressful atm aswell! but WOW 40 IB points--thats amazing!
and on top of that my school is making us do practice interviews which i havent even looked at!!

I really want the next few months to go by quickly!

honestly. everyone knows me as the girl who told off a guy. :P
I know, but I guess it was too much pressure plus cambridge fees are insane for internationals
Yay!! KCL is slowly turning into my top choice but pre freaked out cuz interviews have already started and my app is still being processed.
Oh thank you: I am sure u have all A*s as predicted smartie parts!!!! Yeah, senior year is so different, i thought it would be relaxing but the work just keeps piling on. Woah, thats good stuff: so much prep, maybe u should tell them to space it around a-levels and stuff
Same, summer 2012=best time, no exams and nothing. :biggrin:
Original post by laurie:)
darn it that means we dont have an excuse to use that emticon anymore :tongue:

I knoww :yikes: :K:
No need to worry atm :colone:

Well I do what I do and I do what I do :smug:

Yay, got acknowledgements from keele, Leicester and Liverpool. Just awaiting Lancaster now! The nerves are frayed and the waiting is killing me. Lol :smile: is anyone else stalking their email?:tongue:
chemistry is an evil subject. me no like chemistry.
Original post by Joseppea

:rofl:

PRSOM
Reply 8531
Original post by l.a.s
how many medical applicants are at your school(s)? x

over 30. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Reply 8532
Just locked myself out of ucas track.

Original post by Besakt
Just locked myself out of ucas track.

For how long?

I only remembered yesterday that I hadn't checked it all week :colondollar:
Original post by Normandy114
For how long?

I only remembered yesterday that I hadn't checked it all week :colondollar:

Is there actually any point in checking Track.. because surely it will send you an email if anything changes??
Just trying to give myself a reason to not check it so much :colondollar:
Reply 8535
Original post by spoinkytheduck
Is there actually any point in checking Track.. because surely it will send you an email if anything changes??
Just trying to give myself a reason to not check it so much :colondollar:

When I got an interview for clinical sciences at Bradford they didn't even send an email, just a letter. Also I'm sure on track they only record offers and rejections right?
So.... Who knows when UKCAT's get sent?.
Original post by Loulibelle

November ish.
Reply 8538

To the unis? I think 4th November :smile:

Yeah November 4th. Though some clever people who put their scores in their application have already got interviews :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending