The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Erotas
When I got an interview for clinical sciences at Bradford they didn't even send an email, just a letter. Also I'm sure on track they only record offers and rejections right?

Yeah, but two of my choices dont give interviews so I'd imagine they'd just decide to offer me place or not.. so any point checking track??
Original post by mementomori

Yeah November 4th. Though some clever people who put their scores in their application have already got interviews :rolleyes:

That's cheeky! Damn I wish I'd thought of that!!

I haven't heard back from Soton or Sussex... Getting anxious!!
Yeah November 4th. Though some clever people who put their scores in their application have already got interviews :rolleyes:

I doubt that will have had any bearing. If you write in your own score the unis have no guarantee that it is accurate, there is nothing stopping me writing 800 in my PS. The whole point of waiting for Pearson Vue to send them is to stop that.

People who have interviews already are most likely applying to unis who use the UKCAT in a different way.
Original post by spoinkytheduck
Is there actually any point in checking Track.. because surely it will send you an email if anything changes??
Just trying to give myself a reason to not check it so much :colondollar:

Yeah, I'm checking emails a lot more than track, seeing as whenever anything on track updates, UCAS emails you. Also with emails you'll be notified of any acknowledgements or interviews.

Original post by Loulibelle
So.... Who knows when UKCAT's get sent?.

4th November :smile:
Reply 8544

That's only for unis that don't rank though. All of mine use the UKCAT to rank everyone and then use a cut-off.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8545
Yeah, but two of my choices dont give interviews so I'd imagine they'd just decide to offer me place or not.. so any point checking track??

I don't check track even though Soton don't interview because whenever track changes you'll get an email saying that track has changed.
Reply 8546

I haven't heard back from Soton or Sussex... Getting anxious!!

I haven't heard back from Soton either and some people on here have had postcards :frown:
Original post by Erotas
I don't check track even though Soton don't interview because whenever track changes you'll get an email saying that track has changed.

I was under the impression SOTON cut off the bottom 25% of applications using UKCAT, is that wrong??

Also, I didn't realise they didn't interview!! I kinda assumed that everywhere doing medicine uses interviews! It seems crazy that you wouldn't check out an applicants people-skills before giving them the go-ahead to be a doctor!!

Suppose it's one less thing to stress over though!! :smile:
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
I doubt that will have had any bearing. If you write in your own score the unis have no guarantee that it is accurate, there is nothing stopping me writing 800 in my PS. The whole point of waiting for Pearson Vue to send them is to stop that.

People who have interviews already are most likely applying to unis who use the UKCAT in a different way.

St Andrew's give about 15-25% weighting to the UKCAT, can't quite remember the exact percentage, and have already given out interviews but only to those who included their scores in their application...?
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope

True, but they could give you an interview assuming that it's true, and if the scores don't match up when they get the results, you'll be in trouble for lying on your application. Although it's very easy to lie about your UKCAT score, it shouldn't be any different in terms of punishment to lying about GCSEs or A levels. Kings have already given out several interviews and they use UKCAT quite significantly.
St Andrew's give about 15-25% weighting to the UKCAT, can't quite remember the exact percentage, and have already given out interviews but only to those who included their scores in their application...?

Original post by Normandy114
True, but they could give you an interview assuming that it's true, and if the scores don't match up when they get the results, you'll be in trouble for lying on your application. Although it's very easy to lie about your UKCAT score, it shouldn't be any different in terms of punishment to lying about GCSEs or A levels. Kings have already given out several interviews and they use UKCAT quite significantly.

That just seems like a ridiculous way to go about it.

Just because UKCAT contributes 15% of selection score does not mean they use that to choose interviewees (though St.Andrews do). Some unis look at UKCAT after interviews to distinguish.

I would reject anyone who writes their UKCAT in UCAS, for being a massive douche.
Reply 8551
I was under the impression SOTON cut off the bottom 25% of applications using UKCAT, is that wrong??

Also, I didn't realise they didn't interview!! I kinda assumed that everywhere doing medicine uses interviews! It seems crazy that you wouldn't check out an applicants people-skills before giving them the go-ahead to be a doctor!!

Suppose it's one less thing to stress over though!! :smile:

Oh yeah I forgot about that for Southampton! My mistake :tongue:

Yup! They don't interview which is probably the only reason I applied (didn't go to the open day). In case I seriously mess up at interviews at least I have some kind of a shot at one uni. It's bad that they don't interview though, cause anyone could lie loads about what they do and get in.

But as far as I can tell, the only people who already have interviews from Kings are those with exceptionally high GCSEs so their UKCAT doesnt really matter, so I dont think even Kings havent started using it yet.

But as far as I can tell, the only people who already have interviews from Kings are those with exceptionally high GCSEs so their UKCAT doesnt really matter, so I dont think even Kings havent started using it yet.

Yeah what you say is right, because at the Kings open day that's what they said they will do, interview people early with very high GCSE's. One of them said 9A*'s basically guarantees you an interview.
Reply 8554
Original post by nikkiekemp77
Yay, got acknowledgements from keele, Leicester and Liverpool. Just awaiting Lancaster now! The nerves are frayed and the waiting is killing me. Lol :smile: is anyone else stalking their email?:tongue:

I got a two letters from Liverpool saying they received my application for the A100 and A105, but nothing from Lancaster.
Reply 8555
For how long?

I only remembered yesterday that I hadn't checked it all week :colondollar:

No idea, it said it has been suspended. :redface:
Reply 8556
It's unlikely that we'll get any emails on Sunday isn't it?
Original post by Erotas
It's unlikely that we'll get any emails on Sunday isn't it?

Yeah, it's unlikely you'll get any e-mails outside of office hours (9-5, mon-fri)
Reply 8558
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Yeah, it's unlikely you'll get any e-mails outside of office hours (9-5, mon-fri)

Ah right thanks!
For anyone who knows anything about Glycolysis/Krebs cycle/Aerobic respiration, is NAD+ the same molecule as NADH because I'm definitely confused? :s Because one of my bio books says that NAD+ is reduced to form NADH and the other says NAD is reduced to form Reduced NAD..

Latest

Trending

Trending