The Student Room Group

Where do you work and how much do you get paid per hour?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Mcdonalds, saturday + sunday, usually 12-14 hours a week, £6.10 per hour
Original post by Nicola_2103

Starbucks Shift Supervisor part time in term time and full time holidays - £7.75 ph, it's pretty sweet :biggrin:

Where abouts do you work? and is that the wage for over 18s? thanks xx
Reply 82
I work for a company that produces furniture. ATM i'm on £6.08 per hour, but after 12 weeks I go upto £6.68 per hour and a bonus of 1p for each item produced after 5,000 a week(its usually between 75p-£1
I think unemployed dossers are going through this thread and negging people randomly... Unemployed dossers such as owen1994 and *mMmMm*. Poor performance.
Starbucks Shift Supervisor part time in term time and full time holidays - £7.75 ph, it's pretty sweet :biggrin:

Original post by sophiie2k10
Where abouts do you work? and is that the wage for over 18s? thanks xx

Thought I'd help you with one of your questions...
Dunnes, it's an Irish department store, but there's a few in Britain. €9.13 an hour, which is £8.01. 25 hours a week.
Reply 86
Burger King
Part time (Usually work around 18 hours though)
Mainly night shifts (Finish at 5 in Morning)
Pay: £4.98 an hour
2 jobs:

1) Online maths tutor, average about £12 per hour
2) Tech crew at my SU, £6.08 per hour :smile:
Reply 88
Part time at Waitrose, 7 hours a week and get £6.58 an hour, although 4 of my hours are on sundays and i get time and a half for that. :smile:
Reply 89
SU Bars = Minium Wage
Student Ambassador doing open days and things 7 quid an hour.
Original post by Moooooooose
I work for a sports photographer and get paid £7ph. Sometimes I can be doing absolutely nothing for an hour or more but I still get paid for it. I enjoy it, I get to work outside, it's pretty relaxed and it's a really small company and we all get on.

That sounds like quite a cool job. Where abouts do you do it? Do you take pictures of them as they run to analyse their technique or something?
Original post by vfaz
center parcs lifeguard, 80 hrs/month in term time (i'm in sixth form) and about 40-50 hours a week in holidays, £7.57 ph :biggrin:

That seems like a pretty awesome job. Wish there was a centre parcs near me. always wanted to do lifeguarding.

Original post by Nayberay
Nike - Retail - 20 hours per week - £7.68p/h

I heard at Nike they treat their staff like sh*t. Is this true? Or do you like working there. Really good pay as though!
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
2 jobs:

1) Online maths tutor, average about £12 per hour
2) Tech crew at my SU, £6.08 per hour :smile:

What website do you tutor maths at? :redface:
Reply 93
Checkouts in a supermarket, £6.60 an hour, and time-and-a-****ing-half on sundays :biggrin: I don't work sundays, but if I did, it would be awesome.
Original post by luckylucifer
What website do you tutor maths at? :redface:

Here :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by aznboytomle
Just out of interest :biggrin:

And also, full time or part time?

Hey, i just started a new part time job selling tours of Thailand for a company called Travel In A Group, When i've sold 15 tours i get to go for free and as i'm planning on going travelling after uni anyway i thought why not :-)
British Home Stores. I used to get £4.14, now get £4.35 :wink:

I think it increases once I'm 18 :smile:... well I bloody hope it does anyway :P!
(edited 12 years ago)
Part-time whilst at Uni, pay fluctuates as I work in recruitment but it's over 20k pa.
Just started at PC World for £6.95 and hour and about 20 hours a week. Loving it so far - it's great helping people with tech stuff :biggrin:
Just over £25k at a public sector organisation. That did start on more like £16.5k 3 years ago though, so have had to rise through the ranks a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending