Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Would you firm Bristol over UCL? :/

Eeeeeerrrrrr, no idea, I haven't visited either :colondollar:

I've heard UCL's maths department is a bit of a dump, I'll see on the 18th
Original post by dnumberwang
Eeeeeerrrrrr, no idea, I haven't visited either :colondollar:

I've heard UCL's maths department is a bit of a dump, I'll see on the 18th

Mmm, true that lol.
Does anybody know of Unis that do maths and look for ABB for it?
Thank you :smile:
Reply 2463
Original post by BeccaCath94

Depends on:

1. What A levels you're studying
2. What course you are applying for - straight maths, maths/physics, 3/4 years

Surrey offer ABB for BSc if you are studying further maths as far as I am aware:

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/mathematicsstatistics/index.htm

Sorry that wasn't extremely helpful was it
Original post by Femto
Depends on:

1. What A levels you're studying
2. What course you are applying for - straight maths, maths/physics, 3/4 years

Surrey offer ABB for BSc if you are studying further maths as far as I am aware:

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/mathematicsstatistics/index.htm

Sorry that wasn't extremely helpful was it

Oh i see. Yeah i was pretty vague. Well i'm doing maths (oviously) and will have an AS in further maths... it'll be just maths....
Reply 2465

Liverpool want ABB
Reading want 320 with an A in maths or 340 with a B in Maths
Keele want ABC

Just some of my choices xD
Original post by POWW!
Liverpool want ABB
Reading want 320 with an A in maths or 340 with a B in Maths
Keele want ABC

Just some of my choices xD

See I was orginally going to apply to liverpool but when I went on the open day I wasnt too keen :/ What did you think to it?

My predicted grades are AAB but I think i'm more likely to get ABB so wanted to kind of cover my back. I'm already applying to 1 ABB, 1 BBB 2 AAB so and for the fifith I had another AAB but i think its too risky....

You arent applying to leicester as well are you?
Leicester or Liverpool??

Aberdeen looks for ABB for second-year entry, and BBB for normal first-year entry. Strathclyde want AAB for second-year entry and say that if your grades are a bit low for second-year entry they'll often give you an offer for first-year entry.

Those are the only prospectuses I have at hand which would be likely to want ABB. :h:
Original post by derangedyoshi
Aberdeen looks for ABB for second-year entry, and BBB for normal first-year entry. Strathclyde want AAB for second-year entry and say that if your grades are a bit low for second-year entry they'll often give you an offer for first-year entry.

Those are the only prospectuses I have at hand which would be likely to want ABB. :h:

Reply 2470
See I was orginally going to apply to liverpool but when I went on the open day I wasnt too keen :/ What did you think to it?

My predicted grades are AAB but I think i'm more likely to get ABB so wanted to kind of cover my back. I'm already applying to 1 ABB, 1 BBB 2 AAB so and for the fifith I had another AAB but i think its too risky....

Couldn't go to the open day it's way too far from London :frown: but the Pure Maths course is soo Perfect :redface:
What didn't you like about it?

I'm predicted AAB as well but personally think that's a long shot xD so I'm applying to 1 AAB 2 ABB 1 ABC and 1 BBB
The AAB is Leeds btw
Reply 2471
Anyone else completely sh*tting themselves for the MAT on wednesday?

Glasgow ask for ABB (1st year entry). :smile: Sorry, you're getting all the Scottish ones here!
for those who will go to UCL open day, help me probe around :smile:)

im an oversea applicant, they just give me an official UCAS update because visiting UCL on open day is not viable.

from what i heard, UCL maths department is not quite up to par to its name...hope someone can check it out :biggrin:D
Original post by POWW!
Couldn't go to the open day it's way too far from London :frown: but the Pure Maths course is soo Perfect :redface:
What didn't you like about it?

I'm predicted AAB as well but personally think that's a long shot xD so I'm applying to 1 AAB 2 ABB 1 ABC and 1 BBB
The AAB is Leeds btw

Oh i see....I went and i dont know i just didnt really click with it. But i might apply anyway as i love the city and the course is good and maybe have another look round to see what i think as i wasnt really there long enough.....

Im applying to leeds AAB :biggrin: Whats the BBB? Mines heriot watt......too far for my liking though and i dont really like the scottish ones as they focus more on the scottish students... whats the ABC as that might be good for me :smile:

Original post by anyone_can_fly
Glasgow ask for ABB (1st year entry). :smile: Sorry, you're getting all the Scottish ones here!

Thanks :smile: Yeah I know! haha that i dont really want.... :/
Mines heriot watt......too far for my liking though and i dont really like the scottish ones as they focus more on the scottish students... whats the ABC as that might be good for me :smile:

:wtf: They do?
guys, what do you think of my choices?

warwick maths (A*A*A2)
imperial comp sci (A*AA2)
bristol mathematics and comp sci (AAA/ AAB2)
nottingham maths (AAB)
manchester maths (AAB)

AS: AABD (double maths, chemistry and physics)
A2: A*AA (double maths and chemistry), I'm also sitting STEP 1 and 2.

regards,
Dagoth Ur.
:wtf: They do?

Well the majority of the students are scottish and for example at the finance talk they did practically the whole thing for scottish students as their fees are different then talked pracitcally 5 mins about rest of UK..... :/
Plus scotland is a long way away from where I live and the uni is out of town...
Well the majority of the students are scottish and for example at the finance talk they did practically the whole thing for scottish students as their fees are different then talked pracitcally 5 mins about rest of UK..... :/
Plus scotland is a long way away from where I live and the uni is out of town...

At somewhere like Glasgow I'm not sure Scots are a majority, though. And it doesn't affect the teaching. Agree about HW being a long way out - it's about 40 mins on the bus! :s-smilie:
At somewhere like Glasgow I'm not sure Scots are a majority, though. And it doesn't affect the teaching. Agree about HW being a long way out - it's about 40 mins on the bus! :s-smilie:

Hmm maybe thats true for places like glasgow, edinburgh, st andrews...the bigger ones. No no it wont affect the teaching but its just their attitude to other students.... I know!! haha :/

Latest