The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm doing South England - Scotland as well, and seeing him in 5 days :biggrin: Small world....

Original post by greeneyedgirl
:woo: ha ha that's epic!

It also seems to be a pattern that the boy goes to university in the south east and the girl goes to Scotland. What is it about Scotland girls? :p:
Original post by jamz0770
It also seems to be a pattern that the boy goes to university in the south east and the girl goes to Scotland. What is it about Scotland girls? :p:

They just have going on :sexface:

BTW have you seen this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1776946
Come join us chatting there :h:
Original post by Tom_Sg
5 days before i see her .... (One month without her ... so hardd :frown:)

Aww yay that's good!

I'm getting to see the bf in 5 days :ahee:

Original post by Anonymous
I'm doing South England - Scotland as well, and seeing him in 5 days :biggrin: Small world....

Teehee! 5 days till I get to see my bf too!

Weird, huh? :biggrin:

Men in kilts :ahee:

Original post by WoefullyUninspired

Obviously the best time to visit!
Reply 6764

May as well come off anon - I'm the other way around though. bf in Scotland and me down here, although it comforting to know that at least a few of the girls are taken :wink:
Its my birthday that day too, soooo excited :biggrin:
Original post by fiona_x
May as well come off anon - I'm the other way around though. bf in Scotland and me down here, although it comforting to know that at least a few of the girls are taken :wink:
Its my birthday that day too, soooo excited :biggrin:

Awww lovely. I'm gutted won't get to spend bf's birthday with him, but as it's a Monday we've both got lectures...seeing him on the sat and sun before tho :h:

Defs come join the chat thread, helps keep me going knowing other people are in same position as me! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1776946
Reply 6766

Maybe because its a friday ? :tongue:

Can't waitttttt :love: :love: :love: :love:

Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Kilts. :sexface: Well, I'm a Scottish girl living in the South of England. :biggrin:

Haha, clearly :tongue: Although it's our 2 month anniversary the next day, so kind of annoyed I couldn't see him then, but oh well... I guess that in LDRs, any time that we get together is a special occasion!! :rolleyes:
Original post by Tom_Sg
Maybe because its a friday ? :tongue:

Can't waitttttt :love: :love: :love: :love:

me neitherrrr :love: :redface: something for me to look forward to after my BMAT exam on Wednesday :tongue:
Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Kilts. :sexface: Well, I'm a Scottish girl living in the South of England. :biggrin:

Haha, clearly :tongue: Although it's our 2 month anniversary the next day, so kind of annoyed I couldn't see him then, but oh well... I guess that in LDRs, any time that we get together is a special occasion!! :rolleyes:

Whereabouts in Scotland are you from?

It does suck that it's not possible to see each other whenever there's a special event but I'm just always glad to see him no matter what!
Whereabouts in Scotland are you from?

It does suck that it's not possible to see each other whenever there's a special event but I'm just always glad to see him no matter what!

St Andrew's :smile: Got a lot of family up in Fife. But I've been living down south since I was very little.

What about you? :smile:
me neitherrrr :love: :redface: something for me to look forward to after my BMAT exam on Wednesday :tongue:

Knew I recognised that username!

Medics just seem to get into LDRs...

Good luck with the BMAT, I'll look forward to hearing how it went ON THURSDAY

(really need to drive those rules into people to help them avoid a 10 point warning...)
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Knew I recognised that username!

Medics just seem to get into LDRs...

Good luck with the BMAT, I'll look forward to hearing how it went ON THURSDAY

(really need to drive those rules into people to help them avoid a 10 point warning...)

Thanks! :biggrin: I must confess I'm not really looking forward to it haha.

Haha, really? Well, my bf's now thinking about doing graduate entry medicine (he's applying for natural sciences/biology but I dragged him along to a medical lecture and he now really wants to be a GP :tongue:) but none of the other applicants/medics I know are in LDRs...

Guess I just haven't been on this site long enough yet... :tongue:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
They just have going on :sexface:

BTW have you seen this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1776946
Come join us chatting there :h:

Nope I hadn't seen that, but now I have, I will join in the chat :smile:
Reply 6774

I have my mid-term exam on wednesday and next monday. But i revised, and i will revise, to be free this perfect week-end. :love:

I have a real SILLY question btw, its my life sorry ...

I will be able to be transfered next year at her university. We are both from France (strong french not half british/ ...) we came in england together (we were already in couple just since 3/4 months. We had a hard time ... during her freshers .... she was lost, she didn't what she wanted exactly (like if she was ready to be in a serious relationship or not ..., she met so many guys .... two weeks in this matter ... horrible (i cried .... everyday) But since I came to visit her, she's so different, she texts me everyday/skype/.... she comes to me. ( :love: this happy feeling when you're felling that you're loved :love:

She's coming this week-end so, and we'll meet again in 3/4 weeks (before the xmas break, where we'll back both to France :love:

i know we'll not live together yet, she's not ready, but she told me (i didnt ask her directly) that living in a flate (or a house) with another couple or ppl should be amazing.

So I don't know if I can tell her that I'd like to join her next year ... ( I kept it as a secret.)

Agreed!!! :biggrin:

Also, I find that having to revise has actually kept my mind occupied...I haven't really had time to miss him as much as I normally would! :tongue: Do you find the same happens with you or is it just me being weird?? :colondollar:

Im so .... distracted by her .... I can't revise like I want, but I'll try to do my best :wink: You're not weird, sometimes I don't miss her so much when i'm busy !
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tom_Sg
I have my mid-term exam on wednesday and next monday. But i revised, and i will revise, to be free this perfect week-end. :love:

Agreed!!! :biggrin:

Also, I find that having to revise has actually kept my mind occupied...I haven't really had time to miss him as much as I normally would! :tongue: Do you find the same happens with you or is it just me being weird?? :colondollar:
St Andrew's :smile: Got a lot of family up in Fife. But I've been living down south since I was very little.

What about you? :smile:

Glasgow for uni but from Cambridge :smile:
Hi,
Firstly, apologies for the long post and the awful grammar..

I don't really know what to say to be honest.. I'll just outline my situation I suppose..

I was best friends with my girlfriend for about 2 years before we got together.. We've always had a flirty relationship, it's just the way we've always been with each other..
She was really nervous about telling me that she was bisexual but it didn't really surprise me..
Before she told me I'd been starting to get feelings for her but I just ignored them because she's a girl and I've never had feelings for a girl before and I thought it was just because she was a really good friend or something, I don't really know, but after she told me that she was bi, I started to uncover those feelings a little..
We then went on holiday with a few friends, got really drunk and ended up kissing and then decided see where things went.. We were together for 2 months before she went to uni and it was amazing :smile: We would see each other everyday, spend all our free time with each other and it was absolutely amazing!
Now she's been at uni for 3 weeks and the adjusting is hard.. I know 3 weeks isn't a lot and we've got so long to go.. Even before we were together we'd see each other pretty much everyday so ordinarily it would've been hard..
Her flatmates know about us but no one at home, our parents and friends don't know anything.. They just think we're two straight girls who are best friends. This makes it hard as my parents don't understand why I'm struggling so much with her being away..
As my 2nd gap year (I want to go to music college so I'm developing my voice), it's really hard to be at home, anyone that was around to make my 1st gap year bearable has gone to uni and I'm left with no one here.. It's putting strain on us because I find it so lonely being here and I find it really hard to keep my spirits up..

I don't really know what I want to gain from this.. Advice I suppose and it may make it easier with a 3rd party knows (other than me and my girlfriend)..
Apologies for the long post!

Summary: Me and my girlfriend started a relationship before she went to uni and I'm stuck at home and I'm really struggling with us being apart..
Reply 6778
Awww lovely. I'm gutted won't get to spend bf's birthday with him, but as it's a Monday we've both got lectures...seeing him on the sat and sun before tho :h:

Defs come join the chat thread, helps keep me going knowing other people are in same position as me! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1776946

Ohh that sucks, but at least you come pretty close? :smile: I'm quite lucky in that his reading week falls so that he can come home for my birthday, and his is in the christmas holidays. We will be missing our 18th months in december though :frown:

Definitely will! :smile: It's so hard doing England/Scotland as seeing each other in term time is practically impossible, the only other taken girl in my flat has seen her boyfriend 3+ times already and I'm really happy for her - but I haven;t seen mine in almost 2 months now :frown:
Reply 6779
Original post by kat91s
Sorry to hear it. :frown:
Breakups suck, you've just got to keep it in your head that it was for the best. If he wasn't commited then he wasn't the right person for you.

Original post by Jellybean91
:hugs: I'm so so sorry to hear that... You're right though, if he's not committed its not fair on you, and you cant carry on a relationship like that! Big :hugs: it will get easier I promise!

Thank you guys...really :frown:

He said that he want to stay friends, that I'm too important to just disappear from his life, and that maybe in some time things will be different and we can give it a try... :frown:

I also don't want to lose him, want to keep him as a friend, but we've been talking to each other every day for the last 10 days, and it just makes it more difficult to move on...:frown: at least for me.

Anytime I see pictures of his girl friends, my heart sinks :frown: same thing when I see he posts on some friend's wall on facebook :frown: I can't help it, but then I tell to myself, you have to chill out because he's not your bf anymore, stop thinking about him...but I think that I need to cut him off completely for a while, and I'm scared that if and when I do that, I will fall into a depression and never be able to recover :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending