The Student Room Group

Nee-Naw-Nee-Naw! Food Crimes we Cannot Abide!

Scroll to see replies

Putting milk in the tea while the teabag is still in :mad:
Original post by Kaylaleigh
Putting milk in the tea while the teabag is still in :mad:

what's wrong with that?!
Original post by Pi!
I know someone that does this when he's at other peoples' houses because he's allergic to milk and most people don't have soya milk in the fridge.

He should come to my house. I always have soya milk in the fridge. (Because its yummier.... *drrooollllssssss*)
Reply 683
On a standard McDonalds Hamburger, the beef isn't that exceptional. Nor is the bun, nor any particular ingredient. But the diced onion, ketchup and gherkin are the trifecta of spice, sweet and sour (as muted as they may be). They work together in unison in such a way so as to give the Maccy Burger a very unique taste, and as such, it always irks me when someone asks for a "totally plain" hamburger.

Come on now. Surely that just tastes of dry.
Original post by *custardcream
what's wrong with that?!

It blocks the pores of the teabag so stops it infusing properly!
Mixing everything together.
I was in a takeaway yesterday sat next to a guy who mixed mayonaise and some kind of chilli sauce all over his chips, looked vile!
Reply 686
Original post by TotoMimo
On a standard McDonalds Hamburger, the beef isn't that exceptional. Nor is the bun, nor any particular ingredient. But the diced onion, ketchup and gherkin are the trifecta of spice, sweet and sour (as muted as they may be). They work together in unison in such a way so as to give the Maccy Burger a very unique taste, and as such, it always irks me when someone asks for a "totally plain" hamburger.

Come on now. Surely that just tastes of dry.

This exactly. When I worked in a MacShack - I used to try odd variations* on my dinner breaks and the plain hamburger (even with the addition of ketchup) was really tasteless.

*The chicken sandwich with lettuce, cheese and Big Mac sauce was pretty good though.
Reply 687
It annoys me when I see people eat burgers not in a bun.
Reply 688
Original post by bax121

some people are gluten intolerant, so cannot eat bread.
Original post by bax121

I found venison burgers in a bun is all a bit too heavy...
Reply 690
I personally find it a crime when people stab things with their fork, put it in their mouths as normal, then totally clench their teeth over the metal of the fork, removing it with a SCRRRRAAAAAPE.

Tooth to metal SCRRRRRRP! really sends a chill down my spine for some reason... like rough chalk/nails on a blackboard...
Original post by TotoMimo
I personally find it a crime when people stab things with their fork, put it in their mouths as normal, then totally clench their teeth over the metal of the fork, removing it with a SCRRRRAAAAAPE.

Tooth to metal SCRRRRRRP! really sends a chill down my spine for some reason... like rough chalk/nails on a blackboard...

And biting into aluminum foil.
Reply 692
People adding milk to tea after the water is added.

You add the milk first to stop the boiling water scolding the tea leaves!
Original post by melissajayne
i found venison burgers in a bun is all a bit too heavy...

bambi burgers!!!
Well I'm cooking an italian dish at the moment which i love!
As I was at work today I forgot to defrost chicken so I'm cooking it straight from frozen like my nan used to!
Never done it before so I'm giving it extra time :smile:
Original post by dnumberwang
bambi burgers!!!

Oh DEER, that's exactly what I call them haha :cool:
Reply 696
Original post by MelissaJayne
I found venison burgers in a bun is all a bit too heavy...

try with redcurrant jelly on, tis very nice.
My Mum's specialities;
- Butter and Jam on a dry Weetabix
- Brown sauce on Meat & Potato pie
- Mashed Banana Sandwhiches (only okay if your 3 years old)

My Dad's specialities;
- Porridge oats with milk (not porridge, just the dry oats floating round in milk)
- Fried Cheese and Onion mush on a plate

Others;

- Drinking vinegar out of the bottle (My Grandma)
- 1 chip with a lump on salt ontop (My ex-boss)
- Baked Beans with gravy on top (A friend)
Reply 698
Original post by MelissaJayne
And biting into aluminum foil.

GYAAARGH! No, but seriously, when people SCRRRRAPE their teeth along the fork and even sometimes when it's scrrrraped along the plate and it does that SkkKKRRREEEAK noise, I go all shivery! I'm like BLARG!
When I make something vegan for my boyfriend/family
then they start covering it in cheese/mayonaise/butter etc. before they've even tried it.
:mad: grrr

Quick Reply

Latest