The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Someone was saying that a few people have switched from maths & CS to one or the other already this year. I think that's quite common.
Reply 4381
:frown: Sad news:

http://www.cherwell.org/news/oxford/2011/10/29/fresher-dies-of-heart-attack

There are some very shell-shocked freshers at St Hilda's right now. RIP.
Original post by Lizzy12

:frown: Sad to hear about that
Original post by Lizzy12

Really sorry to hear about this too :frown:
Reply 4384
Original post by qwertyuiop1993

Original post by qwertyuiop1993
Does anyone from Wadham know about the medic who is transferring to Trinity for physics?

Is she here? I've not met anyone who has met her.. ?
Original post by JMusson
Is she here? I've not met anyone who has met her.. ?

Not yet I don't think...we could ask the physicists. She's only got to cross the road. Bet you they'll give her a massive room that they didn't allocate before for some random reason...
You better all be turning up to queerbop in 6th week :smile: as far as I know people from any college can come (might have to pay, not sure, wont be much if you do though) and it is going to be brilliant from what I've heard :smile:
Reply 4387
Did my dash from the Natural History Museum to Exam Schools in record time, would have turned up actually on time for the lecture for once, only to find out it's at 1pm this week instead of 12. :mad:

Original post by zigzog7
You better all be turning up to queerbop in 6th week :smile: as far as I know people from any college can come (might have to pay, not sure, wont be much if you do though) and it is going to be brilliant from what I've heard :smile:

I was talking to someone about that last night; what day is it?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dbmag9
Did my dash from the Natural History Museum to Exam Schools in record time, would have turned up actually on time for the lecture for once, only to find out it's at 1pm this week instead of 12. :mad:

in the least creepy way possible (and from the very, very little that i actually remember from the whole evening), i think i might have met you last night :ninja:
Original post by dbmag9

The actual bop will be on the saturday, but I think there will be stuff going on for the whole week too.
Reply 4390
Original post by victoire
in the least creepy way possible (and from the very, very little that i actually remember from the whole evening), i think i might have met you last night :ninja:

Looking at your subject/college, this seems likely. Hi!

Original post by zigzog7
The actual bop will be on the saturday, but I think there will be stuff going on for the whole week too.

Cool, thanks.
Original post by zigzog7

call me an idiot, but what is it? :confused:

alsoooo, the pub thing is next week, yeah?
queerbop is the big wadham party for people of all sexual orientations.
as for the pub, it was today originally, but i don't mind. we just need something to take initiative, really.
Reply 4393
Guys, I'm going to have to ask you to move over to the current students thread here :smile: This thread is meant to be closed after October! I'll close it in a couple of days, but please keep chatting in the other thread :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending