The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Parle à ma main
They really do, but to be fair we did have to balance like 10 subjects. :eek: I don't know how we managed. :p:

It'll be fine though! Apparently unit 4 is the hardest/the one people do worst at. So onwards and upwards after Jan. :biggrin:

I still don't know how we did either :eek:

I'm doing unit 4 in Jan (AQA is what I assume you do as well) so from next week I'm starting serious work on it :tongue: Apparently unit 5 is hard because of the 25 mark question, which can be on anything we've done though unit 1-5 :eek:
Original post by laurie:)
im currently researching pregnancy tests for some biology homework, and i just thought about how my mum would react if she saw my web history LOOOL :biggrin:

I was researching about Prostate Cancer and was looking through some google pics when my mum walked past me. Lets just say all hell broke loose :tongue:
Original post by cz100
With CCEA we also have to learn some policies of our department of agriculture etc. At least we have the good stuff to come.

ohh with OCR we did that for AS, kinda :tongue: it sucks but some of them are quite simple to remember and if you can properly draw them out/make up all kinds of shizz, you can get some decent marks :biggrin:
im quite worried now that i see the majority of kings applicants on here have both higher gcse's and a higher ukcat than me :frown: here's me thinking my ukcat would make up for my gcse's!

Don't worry too much about it, people on here are generally better than the average applicant. I thought the same about the people on the stalking page having better UKCAT scores than me, and I'm quite average on the tables. Then I looked at the previous year's stats and probably about 70-80% of the people on there got an interview.

No need to compare yourself to others on here :smile:
Original post by Normandy114
Don't worry too much about it, people on here are generally better than the average applicant. I thought the same about the people on the stalking page having better UKCAT scores than me, and I'm quite average on the tables. Then I looked at the previous year's stats and probably about 70-80% of the people on there got an interview.

No need to compare yourself to others on here :smile:

i keep telling myself that but its hard to believe when you see the volume of med applicants that use tsr!

you got acknowledged by newcastle :redface: i still havent heard anything from them :frown:
im quite worried now that i see the majority of kings applicants on here have both higher gcse's and a higher ukcat than me :frown: here's me thinking my ukcat would make up for my gcse's!

Why, what did you get? I'm sure that once King's gets the UKCAT scores, all of us who didn't make the GCSE cut will start getting interviews :biggrin:
Original post by confused dot com
Why, what did you get? I'm sure that once King's gets the UKCAT scores, all of us who didn't make the GCSE cut will start getting interviews :biggrin:

6A*s and 3As, and my ukcat was 712.5 :/
6A*s and 3As, and my ukcat was 712.5 :/

I'm pretty sure that you'll get an interview with that UKCAT :tongue:
Reply 8628
I have a new sig because I'm awesome.
Original post by confused dot com
I'm pretty sure that you'll get an interview with that UKCAT :tongue:

fingers crossed! :biggrin:
Original post by Parle à ma main
Yeah, insects are just icky. You should totally get your Bio teacher to get a class pet turtle! That would liven up Bio lessons.

Haha, I think I've got a major case of Stockholm's with the Biology syllabus in general. I bet one thing we'll agree on was that the immune system was really interesting! Oh, unit 1. It sucks how they had the most interesting stuff in unit 1 (at least for AQA) when we're dealing with the GCSE -> AS step up so we don't enjoy it (when I say "we", I mean "I", the first half of year 12 was horrendous lol).

It's not weird at all, otherwise we wouldn't all be applying for med degrees! We do it in the next unit along with things like homeostasis and nerve signals, I'm buzzing. :p:

Awww, bless you, you seem like you've worked really hard for it, I hope you get a place. I hope we all get a place. They should open a medical school for everyone on this thread because we're clearly mint :colone: :awesome:

That sucks! Sods law, as soon as you get a break, you get ill. You feeling better?

Mine was good, I spent a couple of days at the library trying to catch up with work (:frown:) but the rest of it was nice and relaxing... I went bowling with my sisters (who are 5 and 10), I literally did my best but both my sisters beat me. The five year old came first... in both games. Lol.

i keep telling myself that but its hard to believe when you see the volume of med applicants that use tsr!

you got acknowledged by newcastle :redface: i still havent heard anything from them :frown:

I think it's just half term(s) in general. I'm not even at college and haven't started work yet (so basically a lay about :tongue: ), but as soon as it hit half term, I'm ill :s-smilie: :/ Damn you half term!
Original post by Quackers93
I think it's just half term(s) in general. I'm not even at college and haven't started work yet (so basically a lay about :tongue: ), but as soon as it hit half term, I'm ill :s-smilie: :/ Damn you half term!

well, ive been sorta ill since february :tongue: so i think im just really, really unlucky
well, ive been sorta ill since february :tongue: so i think im just really, really unlucky

So don't go to the horses with you :tongue:
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
So don't go to the horses with you :tongue:

unless you're looking to lose a lot of money :biggrin:
unless you're looking to lose a lot of money :biggrin:

Tbh that already happens :rolleyes:
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Tbh that already happens :rolleyes:

i usually stay away from betting cause i always lose :tongue:

i did win a box of eclairs in a raffle once :biggrin: (the only time i've ever won :rolleyes: )

Sorry, I just realised that I never actually replied to you when I quoted you, whoops :tongue: Hope you feel better soon :smile: TBH though, you've got good results with being ill you know you'll do even better when you're better which isn't too shabby :smile:

I meant to say that Normandy is probably right, people are probably above average on here and only a small percent of those who actually apply. I went to a college with like 1,000 in our year so loads of med/vet/dentistry applicants and very very few were on tsr. (And tbh, theres gonna be at least one person on here who's telling a few white lies about their grades - not that there would really be any point :P )

And anyways, it's not all about the academics you're personality will come out in interview which may put you ahead of some :smile:
Original post by Quackers93
Sorry, I just realised that I never actually replied to you when I quoted you, whoops :tongue: Hope you feel better soon :smile: TBH though, you've got good results with being ill you know you'll do even better when you're better which isn't too shabby :smile:

I meant to say that Normandy is probably right, people are probably above average on here and only a small percent of those who actually apply. I went to a college with like 1,000 in our year so loads of med/vet/dentistry applicants and very very few were on tsr. (And tbh, theres gonna be at least one person on here who's telling a few white lies about their grades - not that there would really be any point :P )

And anyways, it's not all about the academics you're personality will come out in interview which may put you ahead of some :smile:

no problem :tongue: i hope i get better before january!

1000 people!!!! was it just a sixth form or a school as well, if it was a school that would be MASSIVE :O theres only about 120 people in my year :tongue:

yeah, my friend keeps telling me not to believe everything i read on here because theres bound to be someone lying or out to make everybody else feel horrible! :smile:
can anybody reccomend me a good book on medical ethics?

i'm currently reading 'a very short introduction to: medical ethics' by tony hope, and im finding it really interesting the way people approach ethical issues. i'd be interested to read somebody else's approach to these issues because morals/ethics is quite a personal thing :smile:
Reply 8639
no problem :tongue: i hope i get better before january!

1000 people!!!! was it just a sixth form or a school as well, if it was a school that would be MASSIVE :O theres only about 120 people in my year :tongue:

yeah, my friend keeps telling me not to believe everything i read on here because theres bound to be someone lying or out to make everybody else feel horrible! :smile:

2000 people in my school :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending