The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Visions-of-Johanna
I don't like it when I don't know what it's for! It makes me sad... :frown:

That's funny, we actually like Cambridge, it's like Sherlock and Moriarti, if you know what I mean.:wink:
Original post by dnumberwang
How does this thread end up with 4 extra pages in half an hour :K:

Was that it!

Original post by such_a_lady
Hamburgers actually :rofl:

AND THE BEST PART IS THAT HE IS FROM HAMBURG AHAHAHA ahem.

I'm not going to discuss Sven's, ah, possible endowments again, look where that ended up :lol:

Haha oh dear!

p.s. We're15 posts away from getting through 1/8 maybe we should all IM or something... but I don't think that's the same.
Reply 1362
Original post by Brand New Eyes
:yes: Ah the root of TSR Pro:crast:. Ooh the axioms of real numbers! sounds enthralling!

Guess night? Ooh so said person can be poisoned by your awful non-michelenchefstartcooked food? :biggrin: Science park? I'm sure it is...

1) :angel:
2) only if you make it weird naaah
3) awfully full of it aren't you :pika:

Well.. I enjoy it.. some of the other maths students seem to find it very dull.. It's kinda, thrilling if you like pure maths, and terrible if you're either a) just looking to get the degree or b) interested more in application

Guest night* Which is posh formal hall (Suits, gowns for students, waiter served, 5 courses... £16. Subsidies are awesome <3) And Trin's is one of the best. Haha the, THE, science library and the university museum and all the science blocks are just there.. we're the 2nd closest college after Keble.

1) nawww
2) sooo.. how you doin' :wink: ahem.. hi
3) :charm: charmander makes it ok :biggrin:
Thank you! :-) She, and Rupert Brooke, were the main reasons I looked at Cambridge first. I'm sure if they'd gone to Oxford I would have applied there too, although I don't think I'm allowed to say that. :teehee:

Haha, I see. :smile:

I wish more awesome historical figures went to St John's

but the tutors are awesome enough :biggrin:
Original post by fluteflute
Apparently Merton has the best bops, because they have them somewhere away from the main college, so they can go on until whatever time in the morning they like...

Darling FluteFlute, I don't suppose you know where I can find that table that is colourful and shows the admissions stats on different courses and at different colleges? Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 1365

Quoi?! Who? I...

flirting?

I feel like I've been thrown in at the deep-end being in this thread!

I'm sure an Oxford candidate would be able to understand it...

*SORRRYYYY. Too tempting* <3 :hugs:
Original post by such_a_lady
Actually made me lol!

:cool:

Original post by spectator1993
Darling FluteFlute, I don't suppose you know where I can find that table that is colourful and shows the admissions stats on different courses and at different colleges? Thank you :biggrin:

WHAT? IS THIS MORE FLIRTING I ESPY
It's all gone very quiet. :erm: Did I scare her off? :erm: :p:
Original post by JMusson
5:30am start tomorrow anyone? *facepalm* (knows there's a smiley for that.. is too lazy to find it)

:no: that's what you get for being in the rowing team!
Original post by JMusson
I'm sure an Oxford candidate would be able to understand it...

*SORRRYYYY. Too tempting* <3

For the record, he's a 3rd year so he's allowed to hold grudges against Cambridge! :colondollar:
Original post by punctuation
Haha, I see. :smile:

I wish more awesome historical figures went to St John's

but the tutors are awesome enough :biggrin:

My friend is at St. John's reading English! :-)

Actually, I've just realised that looks like I'm implying my friend is an awesome historical figure. He's not, although he may well be in several hundred years' time.

Have you met a lot of the tutors then? I've only met one from Newnham, and that was on the open day.
Original post by spectator1993

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asg7Ze9sc7PfdDBiQWEzdjBUSnBXNlhqN1NUTUhPMHc&hl=en_GB

You're a girl!
Reply 1372
Original post by Devil_in_disguise
1) It's such a relief to know you may make a stupid mistake and still get in. If I stalk maths tutors of my college, will it be useful? Are they the ones interviewing? Just to familiarize myself with their supposed accents if they are:biggrin:

They are the ones interviewing.. but really it won't make a huge difference..
For the record, he's a 3rd year so he's allowed to hold grudges against Cambridge! :colondollar:

First*
My friend is at St. John's reading English! :-)

Actually, I've just realised that looks like I'm implying my friend is an awesome historical figure. He's not, although he may well be in several hundred years time.

Have you met a lot of the tutors then? I've only met one from Newnham, and that was on the open day.

laughing quietly to myself so as not to attract attention...

I haven't met any of the tutors! But I've read their profiles on the college website, and looked at some of their research. :biggrin:

that sounds so pathetic.... :emo:
Original post by KingMessi

She's revising :colonhash:
Original post by JMusson
Well.. I enjoy it.. some of the other maths students seem to find it very dull.. It's kinda, thrilling if you like pure maths, and terrible if you're either a) just looking to get the degree or b) interested more in application

Guest night* Which is posh formal hall (Suits, gowns for students, waiter served, 5 courses... £16. Subsidies are awesome &lt;3) And Trin's is one of the best. Haha the, THE, science library and the university museum and all the science blocks are just there.. we're the 2nd closest college after Keble.

1) nawww
2) sooo.. how you doin' :wink: ahem.. hi
3) :charm: charmander makes it ok :biggrin:

I would like to ask about these gowns. What is it like to wear them? :teehee:
Original post by KingMessi

Is the 'her' referred to here me?

You are quite scary, to be fair. I am but a meek Cambridge gal compared to all you Oxonian brain-boxes on here! :colondollar:

EDIT: just realised you're not taiking about me. Sorry! That's me being a big-head and assuming you were. :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1378

News to me...

I'm actually going to cambridge this weekend. Singing in a concert at Churchil college.
Reply 1379
The start of TOWIE had even more innuendo than this thread...