The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by desy.kris
any philosophy applicant online at the moment? I need some guidance with Theory of Knowledge if anyone's familiar with this IB course.
Me. But I don't actually know anything about Philosophy :wink:
Original post by Brand New Eyes
:no: :lol: if you read the rest you'll see...

I did think you were a girl, that's why I asked lol

Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
You dont have to be a guy to flirt with a girl :wink:

there's this girl in my school who flirts with anyone... even with other girls (including me) and she's so disgusting... -___-
Original post by Devil_in_disguise
Oh, please, we have always tolerated the "OMG, I love French/German/Russian/Latin/Goethe/Derrida/Artemis/going down(skydiving)..."Now it's time you get a bit of poetry of logical ideas:yep:
Well said! Time for the mathematicians and computer scientists to take over this thread! :party:
I did think you were a girl, that's why I asked lol

there's this girl in my school who flirts with anyone... even with other girls (including me) and she's so disgusting... -___-

Ah, she's just spreading the love :wink:
Original post by fluteflute
Well said! Time for the mathematicians and computer scientists to take over this thread! :party:

Dont forget us humble chemists :biggrin:
Me. But I don't actually know anything about Philosophy :wink:

I have to write a 1500 word essay on "How important is the interaction of critical and creative thinking in the generation of knowledge?"
I want to focus on literature and natural sciences. any idea how I should structure my essay and any idea what I should write?

not asking you to do the thing for me, but I've written 7 drafts on it and want to start all over now because it sucks.

Oh dear god. Noooo! :frown: The quality of this thread is seeping lower and lower into the ranks of academia :colone:

Spoiler

disgusting
Sums up BNE :wink:

:clap2::mob::party2:

BNE ?
I have to write a 1500 word essay on "How important is the interaction of critical and creative thinking in the generation of knowledge?"
I want to focus on literature and natural sciences. any idea how I should structure my essay and any idea what I should write?

not asking you to do the thing for me, but I've written 7 drafts on it and want to start all over now because it sucks.
When I say I don't know anything about Philosophy, I'm semi-serious :tongue: I'd love to be able to help you, but I don't have the knowledge to help you :frown:
Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
BNE ?
Brand New Eyes
Reply 1792
I'd challenge you to prove your statements...But remembered in Biology you take things for granted.:colonhash:

Are you arguing that mathematics is not a human fabrication or construct, which thus makes it fictitious? Formal sciences investigate an artificial subject, such as a programming language, or mathematical principles and axioms. Natural sciences investigate...the world.

Mathematics is thus not necessary, albeit it does help when applied, to investigate the world. If Mathematics weren't developed, another system would've been developed for the very same function. It's a whole philosophical school of thought - Mathematical Fictionalism!
Original post by Brand New Eyes
EXACTLY WHAT I SAID! You do math?

my neck really hurts for some reason :frown:

must be all that... reading

Yep...and Further Maths as level :smug:

What have you been up to? :teehee:
Original post by medbh4805
Yep...and Further Maths as level :smug:

What have you been up to? :teehee:
Wasting her day on this thread :cool: (because she :heart: me)

Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein!

:fuhrer: :fuhrer: :fuhrer: :fuhrer:

I'll never allow it :hmmm:

:eek: :frown: :cry2: ::cry: :plz2::mob::mistletoe::mfing::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer: outraged.

:lol: :blush: Oh stop :wink2:
Original post by medbh4805
Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein!

:fuhrer: :fuhrer: :fuhrer: :fuhrer:

I'll never allow it :hmmm:
It's okay Chiara's not around (quick, while she's not looking...)
:clap2::mob::party2:

woot woot woot!

When I say I don't know anything about Philosophy, I'm semi-serious :tongue: I'd love to be able to help you, but I don't have the knowledge to help you :frown:

so why did you apply for CS&Phil? :/

I suck at TOK but I want an A........ :frown:
Wasting her day on this thread :cool: (because she :heart: me)

Hahahaha... oh Greg. Do you always get like this when girls start talking to you?

:lol: I waste every day on this thread...

:no: :heart: 2^2 you

Latest

Trending

Trending