The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I was told to bring to bring my bank details to the Induction.......would my debit card be ok to take?
Original post by JohnnyGat.
I was told to bring to bring my bank details to the Induction.......would my debit card be ok to take?

That should be fine. :smile: Take a copy of your branch address as well, just in case.
Original post by briesandwich
That should be fine. :smile: Take a copy of your branch address as well, just in case.

Ok, thanks. Also, i was told to dress smart..........black shirt with stripes, black trousers and black shoes would be ok im guessing?

I think I needed my bank account number, branch sort code and address. If you have those, you should be fine. (and your NI number as well)
Ok, thanks. Also, i was told to dress smart..........black shirt with stripes, black trousers and black shoes would be ok im guessing?

Sounds good to me. :biggrin: I don't think you can go wrong with black trousers and a shirt, it's essentially what you wear as an employee anyway (replacing the shirt with the sainsburys shirt of course). Good luck. :smile:
can any one help, i have never met my department manager so i guess we dont cross shifts, so how do it go about asking them about holidays i needs to book? :\
Reply 9866
Original post by Hayley-Anne
can any one help, i have never met my department manager so i guess we dont cross shifts, so how do it go about asking them about holidays i needs to book? :\

Well if your department has a team leader they can deal with holidays too (as they are usually the ones who do the schedules anyway). You should have met your manager really though, that's a bit bad if they've not introduced you. If not look at the schedule and just come in when they are on.
Reply 9867
iv not met my manager either but iv booked some time off by talking to the team leader.
Anyone know what it is like working on checkouts? Do they are strict policies like if you void or double scan stuff too many times it gets noted?
Reply 9869
Original post by Lisaloop
Anyone know what it is like working on checkouts? Do they are strict policies like if you void or double scan stuff too many times it gets noted?

I have no idea what the policies are :/ I had to void about 4 things yesterday (1 was because it was coming up at the incorrect price) so I hope not, but I'm meant to be on clothing anyway :L

I work on checkouts and I don't think they care if you void a lot. I think they keep a record of it, as well as your IPM, idle time and the amount of nectar cards you scan (and probably some other stuff too), but I void loads of stuff and nothing has ever been said to me about it.

Checkouts are ok, really boring though. You know you've been on them too long when you automatically think of the PLU code when you see some fruit/vegetables though :rolleyes:.
Do you know if there any point in me going to a xmas temp interview as i have a part time job already? I can do the hours they posted 6pm till 10pm ,3days a week, but if i get the job i may have to have inductions when i cant attend. As i will be at my other job which is 10am till 2pm! help!
Would you be able to get time off your other job if the induction did clash? Personally, I would go just for the experience, but if you tell them you might not be able to go an induction because you have another job, they might hold that against you anyway.

Are you planning to leave as soon as your contract is up, or would you keep both jobs on for a while?
Both are xmas temps, and will prob not be happy swapping shifts at all! Do you know if i could do the induction by myself? I put I was still in employment on my application form though, but they prob think I am leaving my job now for them possibly! I want to keep both jobs as i need the money! And would easily be able to do both as they are same set hours each week.
its only 12 hours a week for sainsburys, and 16 hours at my other job.
Original post by Debbie2709
I work on checkouts and I don't think they care if you void a lot. I think they keep a record of it, as well as your IPM, idle time and the amount of nectar cards you scan (and probably some other stuff too), but I void loads of stuff and nothing has ever been said to me about it.

Checkouts are ok, really boring though. You know you've been on them too long when you automatically think of the PLU code when you see some fruit/vegetables though :rolleyes:.

Haha I do this too.:colondollar: I don't even see fruit and veg as they're actual names anymore but as PLU codes.
Both are xmas temps, and will prob not be happy swapping shifts at all! Do you know if i could do the induction by myself? I put I was still in employment on my application form though, but they prob think I am leaving my job now for them possibly! I want to keep both jobs as i need the money! And would easily be able to do both as they are same set hours each week.

If they are serious about keeping you on then they will rearrange the inductions date to suit everyones availability. Also don't know about others but I was a xmas temp last year and I only ever worked the shifts on the applications maybe for a month and then they asked me when I could come in at different times. I also had another part time job, I was 11-3 then worked in sainsburys 5-12, most days. As long as you tell them what your shifts at you other job is and vice versa you should be ok.
Original post by Gavin-D
Sainsburys only close two days per year in England and Wales they are Easter Sunday and Christmas Day (Some Sainsburys local stores will be open).

Most Sainsburys are open New Years day except for those in Scotland, the Sainsburys stores on either retail parks or near / in major citys will be open on Boxing day.

I work at a local store praying were not open new years day (probably will be)

if were open I will finish working on NYE at 11pm then start the next morning at 8am

no way ill be able to go out :frown:
My store is a big one in scotland and we are open to 7pm on christmas eve but commercial (me) is still in until 8pm taking down the xmas decorations. We are open on boxing day to get the sales started, open to 8pm on new years eve, shut new years day but nightshift are in and commercial to get the sales started again and then we are open to trade on the 2nd.
Reply 9879
Original post by LondonCity
I work at a local store praying were not open new years day (probably will be)

if were open I will finish working on NYE at 11pm then start the next morning at 8am

no way ill be able to go out :frown:

won't your store close earlier on new years eve and open later than usual on new years day, that'll give you some time to hit the town.

wooo i don't need to work the eve's as i don't do saturdays no more. although saying that i'll probably get drafted in to do a night shift on the 23rd to get Jan sale out ready for christmas eve like last year.

Latest

Trending

Trending