The Student Room Group

2012 applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flowagirl

Original post by flowagirl
Heyy iv applied to all the same unis as you!! if you dont mind me asking when did you send your formmm of??

erm...around october 10th
Unis will be getting UKcat on the 4th should start hearing from them in 2 weeks exciting!
i applied to birmingham leeds cardiff manchester
only heard replies from birmigham and cardiff
interview aat birminghaamm!

academics:
GCSE: 8A*s 4As
AS: AAAA
Alevel predictions A* A* A*
Ukcat: 650 (gutted)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1123
Original post by tasha patel
SAME! what times yours? mines at 3.45pm :s-smilie:

Mine is at 10:15am :smile: Good luck!
Original post by thekiwifruit01
If you don't mind me asking, (I have a few Qs, sorry!) is it your first time applying or have you taken a gap year/ are you grad entry? And when did apply? Did you get an email at all from Manchester before getting your interview letter?

I had a heart attack when I got my Birmingham interview letter even though they had already sent me at least three emails :tongue:

Hi :smile: well the circumstances in my case are a bit odd! I am a graduate currently studying at Manchester, in my final year now. I applied about mid September.. I've not actually had any emails or letters from them, I am a student in the same faculty so I was in the dental school office and the admissions lady just told me there and then!:wink:
Reply 1125
Dear all (hopefully) future dentists!!! :smile: I am a first year dental student.. I got in to dental school this year so basically everything with regards to the application process (im assuming that's now not needed coz we're past this point) and interviews is fresh in my head!! coz i remember when i was exactly in the same position as u guys and was looking everywhere for answers for the million questions i had running in my head all the time... TSR was extremely helpful and AMUSING so u're defo in the right place :smile: i just want to say to u all that i would be so happy to help any of u with anything... so if u have any questions with regards to interviews or next steps im so willing to help... please dont hesitate!! ask for help!! i really wished i had someone like me when i was applying :P BEST OF LUCK GUYS!!! dont stess :biggrin:
Reply 1126
Original post by ahmedb92
Dear all (hopefully) future dentists!!! :smile: I am a first year dental student.. I got in to dental school this year so basically everything with regards to the application process (im assuming that's now not needed coz we're past this point) and interviews is fresh in my head!! coz i remember when i was exactly in the same position as u guys and was looking everywhere for answers for the million questions i had running in my head all the time... TSR was extremely helpful and AMUSING so u're defo in the right place :smile: i just want to say to u all that i would be so happy to help any of u with anything... so if u have any questions with regards to interviews or next steps im so willing to help... please dont hesitate!! ask for help!! i really wished i had someone like me when i was applying :P BEST OF LUCK GUYS!!! dont stess :biggrin:

Oh cool :-D i'll have that in mind. Which uni do u go to, if u dont mind me asking :-P
Original post by ahmedb92

u from B92 bro
and i wont hesitate to contact you lol

and also how are you finding dental school so far
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by claireytoothfairy
Hi :smile: well the circumstances in my case are a bit odd! I am a graduate currently studying at Manchester, in my final year now. I applied about mid September.. I've not actually had any emails or letters from them, I am a student in the same faculty so I was in the dental school office and the admissions lady just told me there and then!:wink:

Would you happen to know when they will be giving interviews to the rest?
Reply 1129
Good luck to people who have interviews at birmingham tomorrow! Let us know how it goes,
Still haven't heard from birmingham yet and people are already having interviews! Grim
Reply 1130
Original post by hearmecry
i applied to birmingham leeds cardiff manchester
only heard replies from birmigham and cardiff
interview aat birminghaamm!

academics:
GCSE: 8A*s 4As
AS: AAAA
Alevel predictions A* A* A*
Ukcat: 650 (gutted)

what did you hear from Cardiff?
Original post by sagarshah
Hey all,

First of all, good luck and well done if you already have an interview!

I have an interview with Birmingham on 1st November (they only gave me 10 days notice)

Still waiting for acknowledgement from Leeds and hoping for interviews from Cardiff and Bristol.

Does anyone know if you have to bring anything dexterity-related to the B'ham interview because they don't state it clearly on the interview form?

if i was you i'd definitely take something, it might not be stated but the worst that can happen is they don't look at it, and that's only if you don't bring it up. It can only help you so make sure you take it!
Sup ladies :wink:
Thought I'd just post the grades and **** that I got to help you kids out with what to expect universities to be looking for...
GCSE: 2A* 5a 4b
Alevel: predicted A*A*A (thats what they look at, the aaa you need is piss easy to get...)
ukcat: 655
I'm now a 1st year at MANCHESTAAAAAAAA and its actually the best time ever, the dentists have the best social life for sure. Me and the lads went out 12 nights in a row in freshers and go out like 4 times a week still and get totally slaughtered every time ahaaaaa
Trust me you'll have the time of your life... As long as you do some work too lol, Im on about 2 hours a night :smile:
But yeah just to say it's all good if you have good predictions and a decent ukcat
As you can see gcse's mean **** all, seeing as i got offers from newcastle leeds and manc (dirty cardiff fags turned me down, but i dont care because manchesters top 3 and theyre 13th)
I did 12 weeks work exp btw, which is more than most but hey.. it all helps, especially on clinics
Have fun though an good luck
P.S When you come to uni, dont be a geeky kid, make sure you go out and get smashed all the time :biggrin:
Peace outttttttttttttttttttt x
Reply 1133
Original post by kubs
Oh cool :-D i'll have that in mind. Which uni do u go to, if u dont mind me asking :-P

barts :smile: it's such a friendly dental school. have u applied for it? :biggrin:
Reply 1134
Original post by undertaker1
u from B92 bro
and i wont hesitate to contact you lol

and also how are you finding dental school so far

okay first Im not quite sure what u understood from my ' B92 ' lool basically B is my surname's initial and 92 is the year I was born in so was that what u meant? coz i didnt clock on what u meant on the first line :biggrin: excuse my slow brain as dentistry is taking over my life :P

well u asked how i am finding it... hmmm.. i dont know where to start tbh.. well the thing is (and ull realise that next year hopefully when u get in) that once u get accepted into dental school, u think that this is it... this is basically the end to the long stressful 2 years of A-levels and u strangely feel that u are not signing up for a course to become a dentist, instead u feel that u are already one :biggrin: and then the ugly reality kicks in when u realise that there is soooo much more to becoming a dentist :frown: first year seemed hard from the first week i gotta be honest but i guess ull always have to work hard to achieve high standards.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by gorillaz121
Thought I'd just post the grades and **** that I got to help you kids out with what to expect universities to be looking for...
Alevel: predicted A*A*A (thats what they look at, the aaa you need is piss easy to get...)
I'm now a 1st year at MANCHESTAAAAAAAA and its actually the best time ever, the dentists have the best social life for sure. Me and the lads went out 12 nights in a row in freshers and go out like 4 times a week still and get totally slaughtered every time ahaaaaa
Trust me you'll have the time of your life... As long as you do some work too lol, Im on about 2 hours a night :smile:
But yeah just to say it's all good if you have good predictions and a decent ukcat
As you can see gcse's mean **** all, seeing as i got offers from newcastle leeds and manc (dirty cardiff fags turned me down, but i dont care because manchesters top 3 and theyre 13th)
I did 12 weeks work exp btw, which is more than most but hey.. it all helps, especially on clinics
P.S When you come to uni, dont be a geeky kid, make sure you go out and get smashed all the time :biggrin:

Toplad!
Original post by LUHG94
what did you hear from Cardiff?

I got my email from Cardiff 4 days after sending it off
i only just revcieved a welcoming letter/confirmation letter from liverpool

BHAM LEEDS AND BRISTOL HAVNT SENT ME ANYTHING? ARE THEY NOT INTERESTED?

Glad you're enjoying Uni, I've applied to 3 of the same Unis as you - Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle (plus Kings). I reaaaaally want an offer from Manchester, Leeds or Kings the most!

what a-level grades did you actually get bro??? because its really hard to predict someone A* no matter how clever they are lol.

btw it seems like your having the time of your life lol:cool:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest