The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2540
Original post by anil10100
Guess i'll be seeing all of you on the 23rd then :smile:

Have all of you (group of 23rd open day invitees) got your UCAS track updated with conditions?
Reply 2541
Original post by jamesjiang
personally i will probably not go there

why?

Is it in any way connected to our offer?

If one does not go there due to any reason is it ok?
Original post by anil10100
Yeah I got the invitation to the open day from Imperial as well, seems like something they send to all applicants tbh..

Is there anyone applying for maths at Imperial who hasn't got this?

I'm getting slightly worried now... :s-smilie:
Original post by mpc1
why?

Is it in any way connected to our offer?

If one does not go there due to any reason is it ok?

all of the applicants received that emails and i don"t think all of applicants can be give an offer ....so it is not necessary...???:colondollar::colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:
Reply 2544
Original post by Beth1234
Is there anyone applying for maths at Imperial who hasn't got this?

I'm getting slightly worried now... :s-smilie:

http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/mathematics/admissions/ug/open_days <--- Just go anyway if you want. Think of it as the law of averages, seeing as I probably won't attend :P
Has anyone else got an inteview at Manchester on the 10th?
Original post by TheJ0ker
Has anyone else got an inteview at Manchester on the 10th?

9th :tongue:
Original post by dnumberwang
9th :tongue:

Haha ok, do you know whether it will be like a hardcore interview or a more informal one?
Reply 2548
Original post by TheJ0ker
Haha ok, do you know whether it will be like a hardcore interview or a more informal one?

Informal.

Last year mine went like this:

Pleasantries, shake hands etc.
Why Manchester?
Sketch e^x.
Sketch e^-x.
Sketch e^-x^2.
Finish.
got the invitation to the open day, but no acknowledgement of my application. how does that work?
Original post by SParm
http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/mathematics/admissions/ug/open_days <--- Just go anyway if you want. Think of it as the law of averages, seeing as I probably won't attend :P

I probably won't go either :tongue: Its not really going to the open day I care about - more the fact that my application to Imperial seems to have vanished into thin air...
Reply 2551

I probably won't go either :tongue: Its not really going to the open day I care about - more the fact that my application to Imperial seems to have vanished into thin air...

March into their admissions office and ask them what kind of black magic they're trying to pull :P?
Original post by laughylolly
No offers yet =(, although no rejections yet either. Have any Scottish applicants got any offers yet? Or any IB students?

No offers (or interviews, or interesting email s from universities except acknowledgements). And my form was processed 35 days ago. A friend who applied for maths got an unconditional from Glasgow before half-term, though.
Original post by laughylolly
No offers yet =(, although no rejections yet either. Have any Scottish applicants got any offers yet? Or any IB students?

I'm still waiting too =/ I'm hoping to get a Warwick offer this week but I'm not holding my breath.
Reply 2554
Original post by SParm

So, for those who are not going, you will just NOT register or send a mail stating that you won't be able to make it or just ignore?
Reply 2555
Original post by new123
So, for those who are not going, you will just NOT register or send a mail stating that you won't be able to make it or just ignore?

Just not sending them an email I guess :/...I doubt they'll want to know if you decide to not come from the outset. Only case I can see emailing them of your potential absence is when you've already said you're going but then something comes up.
Reply 2556
Original post by SParm
Just not sending them an email I guess :/...I doubt they'll want to know if you decide to not come from the outset. Only case I can see emailing them of your potential absence is when you've already said you're going but then something comes up.

Thank you!

So just do nothing is your advise.

No need to register or respond is what you suggest.
Reply 2557
Original post by new123
Thank you!

So just do nothing is your advise.

No need to register or respond is what you suggest.

Exactly :smile:...but...uh...don't quote me on it if some angry officials from Imperial's Maths department come knocking at your door demanding why their favourite applicant didn't turn up :wink:
The day of the UCL introduction on the 23rd November should prove interesting. Driving test in the morning, then quickly get to the train station, quick train to London, quick tube to Euston Square, quick run to the building we're meant to be in, hopefully get there on time. Do all that. Wait afterwards for 4 hours in cold, dark, possibly rainy London until the next cheap train home that I'm booked on to.

Yep, 23rd November looks like a laugh.
Reply 2559
If it reassures you - my application was sent on 12th Oct (to Cambridge, Imperial, UCL and Warwick), and I haven't had any offers yet. Imperial haven't even acknowledged my existence. I don't think I've seen anyone with offers who have applied post-12th Oct.

Fingers crossed we'll hear something really soon! :biggrin:

Thankss!! :biggrin:

why did you applied just 4 not 5 ??

Latest