The Student Room Group

Delete :3

Thank you gentlemen/women. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Don't be so harsh on yourself, you can apply to pretty much any university with your grades, what are you planning to study? Medicine?
It all depends on a very strong personal statement and such. You could definitely be considered for Oxbridge.
Reply 2
Original post by Rachoo12
Don't be so harsh on yourself, you can apply to pretty much any university with your grades, what are you planning to study? Medicine?
It all depends on a very strong personal statement and such. You could definitely be considered for Oxbridge.

Thank you first, and I've done my research. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
You've pretty much listed all the ones you can't apply to in the original post, I can't think of any others, except Kings maybe. Good luck.
Original post by Last Chance
Thank you first, and I've done my research, Oxbridge is out of the question - I'll be one of the lower applicants and really I'd like as big a chance as anyone else if not better. :smile: Which is why I'm applying to Liverpool - because I have maximum points. I might apply to Queens Belfast but it's in Ireland. :\

Hi mate, just to say that you shouldn't consider Oxford, as they want minimum 60% of your GCSE grades to be A*, although Cambridge assess your application as a whole, so if you rape the BMAT / your AS UMS, you could still have a very decent shot at it :smile:

Also, Kings if you get (I'd say 750+) UKCAT :smile:
Reply 5
You can go wherever you want with those GCSEs to be honest, if you whack in loads of work for A levels.
Reply 6
Original post by thegodofgod
Hi mate, just to say that you shouldn't consider Oxford, as they want minimum 60% of your GCSE grades to be A*, although Cambridge assess your application as a whole, so if you rape the BMAT / your AS UMS, you could still have a very decent shot at it :smile:

Also, Kings if you get (I'd say 750+) UKCAT :smile:

Thanks for the advice, but if you read my original post you'd see that I've said that I'm not planning on any BMAT universities, so, not Cambridge. :wink:

Any others you would recommend?
Reply 7
Bump. :3
Original post by Last Chance
Thanks for the advice, but if you read my original post you'd see that I've said that I'm not planning on any BMAT universities, so, not Cambridge. :wink:

Any others you would recommend?

Southampton want 7 A*-B grades + 620+ UKCAT if you want a decent shot at not getting a straight rejection - they don't interview school-leaver applicants for the A100 course, only mature (over 21) students.

Keele want minimum 4 A grades (GCSE) + Their standard offer is 360 UCAS points (AAA or A*AB, you can't have lower than a B in any subject, so no A*A*C offers).

I wouldn't apply to Leicester if I were you, unless you get 700+ UKCAT.

Barts is good, minimum 600 average UKCAT, and they rank you for interview based on your UCAS points prediction, max. being 560 points (A*A*A*A*), so I'd advise you not to apply there unless you have minimum A*AAA predictions.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

By the way, have a look at: Medical School GCSE Requirements for more info.

What were your 2 A* in, as some places specify A* in English Language / Maths?
Reply 9
Original post by thegodofgod
x

Yeah I've looked at that quiet a few times.

Absolutely love the info you just gave, I'm expecting a few more replies like that. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending