The Student Room Group

Predicted grades help pleaseeeeee!

Hi! My college are useless in providing information so I'm seriously clueless regarding so many things :frown:

I take Philosophy & Ethics, History and English Language Alevels and I'm retaking most of my AS exams this January having not done as well as I'd hoped for last year for my AS's (mainly due to just being terribly lazy, I know where I went wrong though so I'm expecting much higher grades).

I've been predicted a CCC however I personally know I can do SOOO much better than this, despite trying to persuade my teachers to predict me higher they won't so I'm stuck with these quite low predicted grades on my application. The most I can probably persuade my teachers to put them up to is a BBC, which still isn't that good though.

I want to study Politics and/or Sociology at either City (AAB), Goldsmiths (ABB), Westminster (BBB), Brunel (BBB)... I'm also applying for Kingston which is CCC but as a last resort.

I have a good personal statement and good GCSE grades but do you think my predicted grades will effect getting any offers from my chosen Universities??

I'm really stressing out and my teachers are being of no help what so ever (they literally only care about the Oxbridge or Medicine applicants grrr :frown: )
I'd be so grateful for any advice please!

PS - I got a U in my AS psychology, do I have to put it in my UCAS application at all? Since it's 0 UCAS points can I just pretend I never did it by not mentioning it...?
Reply 1
any one? :frown:
Well to be brutally honest, if you're predicted CCC I don't think you have much of a chance at places looking for AAB. BBB, maybe I guess. CCC to AAB is just too much of a stretch I think.

Original post by shaela
PS - I got a U in my AS psychology, do I have to put it in my UCAS application at all? Since it's 0 UCAS points can I just pretend I never did it by not mentioning it...?

You have to declare it.
yes. predicted CCC for courses asking for A's... unis will have their pick of applicants meeting their requirements. beg your school for better grades, consider applying elswhere, or take a gap year and apply post-qualification. nothing to stop you applying now and seeing how it goes and then maybe taking a gap year.
Reply 4
I think your college is being generous if you got a U in psychology and they're predicting you a C. My advice to you would be take out Westminister/Brunel and put another Uni which is BCC. That way its less likely that you will have NO offers at the end of it.

You need your teachers to explain in your reference that you're aiming to supersede your predicted grades unfortunately.

edit: you never know, at least keep 1 high offer in your UCAS... if your personal statement is as good as you think it is, then you might get an offer.
Reply 5
How can you declare a U, there is no U option on the UCAS form as it is not a grade.

Sorry, if I'm wrong.
If you're predicted CCC then there's a incredibly low chance that you'd get excepted with AAB/ABB/BBB etc. If you really want to go to a better university, then take a gap year and apply once you've got your grades, otherwise there's not much you can do really...
Reply 7
Keep asking your school to predict you higher.

Get your parents involved, even?
Original post by RVNmax
How can you declare a U, there is no U option on the UCAS form as it is not a grade.

Sorry, if I'm wrong.

Yes there is :yes: There is also the "Other" box where you can enter any grade.
Reply 9
Put simply, if you put forward predicted grades of less than the minimum offer specified, you will get rejected
Reply 10
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Yes there is :yes: There is also the "Other" box where you can enter any grade.

Okay, sorry about that, just never needed it. :tongue:
Original post by thetobbit
Put simply, if you put forward predicted grades of less than the minimum offer specified, you will get rejected

Bit of a generalisation as it's not guaranteed, but I'd agree that it makes it a very risky choice, particular for courses looking for ABB or better.
Bit of a generalisation as it's not guaranteed, but I'd agree that it makes it a very risky choice, particular for courses looking for ABB or better.

What i'm saying really is that if your going for any competitive course, having grades lower than what there asking for is an outright rejection in most cases, there are legions of applicants with/better
Original post by thetobbit
What i'm saying really is that if your going for any competitive course, having grades lower than what there asking for is an outright rejection in most cases, there are legions of applicants with/better

Agreed, just your first post implied that it was absolutely 100% certain, and it's not :nah:
Agreed, just your first post implied that it was absolutely 100% certain, and it's not :nah:

Ok Ok lol :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending